WLS Update 6/1/03.......THE RED TRAIN RETURNS!

Jaggie

Are they still running those mid course trims on the BB? You know, the ones that stop you almost to a stand still.......
The mid course trim was modified a little to bring the train down to about 3km/h rather than completely stopping. It made a great difference to the ride. Unfortunately, the trims have been set to completely stop you again (from what I saw on Sunday). ~Liam

How long back are you talking about slowing it down Flea? All the times I've been on it, it's been a stop. As an operator, even as a guest standing on the station, you can feel the whole track move when it stops in those backcurve brakes. It's a pretty big shunt really. I'm pretty sure it's been a stop as long as I've known it. Have known to be wrong before though, funnier things have happened... I'm not saying you're lying either.

How would modifications to the train effect how brakes work? Just beacuse the red train was out of action for ages doesn't mean that the physics of the ride has changed. When a ride closes for annual maintance there is only a limit to what modifications a theme park can do to a ride. Modifications to a ride have to be approved by the manufacturer. Any modifications carried out that are not approved void the manufactures warranty. "The Bus is now leaving for Eighty Eight, Kentucky, USA"

How would modifications to the train effect how brakes work?
I'm not saying that it would effect how the brakes work. I'm just saying that maybe because the red train hasn't yet received the modifications the yellow train has, it isn't capable of going that little bit faster. Just a thought, correct me if I'm wrong mate. Thanks. ~Liam

I would think that considering the red train had been off the track for so long that, if anything it would have more 'modifications' than the yellow train. I would say that the red train has all new bearings, axels, wheels etc. so it would probably run faster and smoother then the yellow train at the moment. "The Bus is now leaving for China with a population of 1,286,975,468"

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry to bring back an old topic, but I took a video today of the Bush Beast not stopping on the trim brakes at all. The trim has now been completely disabled. The video is poor quality unfortunately, as I took it with my digital camera. I didn't get a chance to ride it today, the queue was extremely long thanks to one train operation. Enjoy!

The trim has now been completely disabled
Sorry mate but thats bull poop. Me and my friend went on the red train today and it slowed down in the breaks.... it just didnt stop completely but it almost did. So i'd recommend you get your facts straight. Its NOT completely disabled. Anyhows where did u take that video? is that in a staff area, coz i haven't been there before.

It does just about stop, maybe not quite. I've said it before, when you're operating you can feel the whole track and station 'shunt' when it gets to the trim brakes. It just takes the majority of the momentum off it so it doesn't hit the track at 12,000 km/h. The train nor track can cope with that anymore and people would have died by now. Not just nasty injuries they get from riding it.

i looked at the video and i thought it stopped, but not completely.
Shifty, how's that work? Read it back to yourself and ask if it makes sense? You thought it stopped, but not completely? What the? I'd love to hear your response to the policeman who pulls you over for disobey stop sign. I stopped, not completely, but I stopped. ;)

Hahahahaha. Shifty give up now while you are kind of ahead, your second post made just as much sense as the first... NONE! You have basically agreed with what Daniel has said by saying the train slowed but didn't stop. Daniel is right, if you had tried that argument with the police you would loose convincingly. Either it stops or doesn't. I looked at the video and it does slow down considerable but by no means comes to a stop. "The Bus is now leaving for Useless Loop, Western Australia"

Shifty, what are we going to do with you old son? I think you've got more hide than a team of elephants calling somebody ELSE dumb. I'm just saying the police love your type. People like you keep them sane. Some people on this forum sure are 'thick in the head'. How can you say the stuff I write doesn't make sense? Maybe to you you dolt. How come no one else had any problems and Wonderbus clearly understood it. Back to the drawing board for you old son. I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.