DW PR: New V8 Supercars Attraction & Behind the Scenes BLOG

DreamworldPR_Ally

But instead it is just the standard vehicles from the attraction manufacturer. I would have thought that the V8 governing body would be pretty picky about things like vehicle shape, given the target audience would also have the same eye for detail. Just seems a bit dumb to go to the effort of getting the rights, then not bothering to get a fundamental detail in...It's not like it would be technically impossible.
Typical Dreamworld to cheap out on their latest attraction. This is ironic I can't believe they made that statement and then go completely against their word. I don't think the target audience is going to be happy. I wonder how TV commercials are going to be put together, I mean would they say how great and detailed the new V8 super cars thing is, while showing the pictures of those unrelated cars. Edited by cadboy

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol my comment is up: I was under the impression they were getting full sized V8 Supercar bodies, removing the excess weight, and then mounting them on the motion base. The shape of the cars reminds me of the armoured vehicle that did a flip in PASS.
Even funnier did you see the response that Dreamworld gave you. These cars look like they have Mitsubishi tale lights. I also was under the impression the cars would at least look like a v8 supercar.

• 2 weeks later...

That briefing goes forever. I don't see this going too well. With such a video, I'd be having the drivers move into a small video screening room, and then putting them on the ride after that. Now, with an efficient park, this isn't a problem, as they'd be running the simulators while the current lot of drivers are watching their video, but this is Dreamworld we're talking about. (Perhaps they'll just play it during the queue line - the wait will probably be long enough)

• 2 weeks later...

I think thats enough proof for dreamworld there that they missed the mark - we've talked about HWSD and JR for days critiquing and reviewing every finite detail about those two attractions, and suddenly, 4 days later - someone pipes up and says "what about....." Take note dreamworld - bad move.