DW PR: New V8 Supercars Attraction & Behind the Scenes BLOG

DreamworldPR_Ally

Hi Everyone, I'm Alicia (hereby known as Ally), PR Executive for Dreamworld and WhiteWater World. Just wanted to update you all with what's going on over here at the moment, drum roll please........we're opening a new V8 Supercars attraction this December! Check out our Behind the Scenes blog when it goes live Monday (it's funny - I know I wrote it), you can post comments, grab construction videos, hear all about the attraction in the media release section and become involved in the process of opening it - we want to hear your thoughts! Official Dreamworld V8 Supercars Attraction Blog Allyxx :)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe what I'm reading. Dreamworld is turning into Boganworld. What's with ANOTHER sports related, specifically racing attraction? Is this the final legacy of Stephen Gregg? So disappointing. And virtual reality is so 1990. I don't like the direction the park is going in and I'd sell my Macquarie Leisure shares if they weren't already so low at the moment

Edited by GoGoBoy

Looks like dreamworld is just chasing a quick buck and is trying to catch up with the other parks with something new for xmas. I just say they better not call it the 7th thrill ride. My bet for this new attraction is they are revamping the v8 simulators with a new coat of paint. Let’s see what is new for xmas 08. Movieworld New stunt Driver YEA BABY WetNWild New Slide YEA BABY Sea World Jet Rescue YEA BABY Dreamworld Repaint V8 Simulators WHAT THE

It's also quite funny that we've heard nothing about this before now, that the website, while it sports a "dreamworld.com.au" address is very poorly put together. The logos on the bottom of the page are simply copy and pasted logos with white backgrounds, whereas the true dreamworld website integrates the logo well into the page design. The website also speaks of nothing about an attraction that is less than 30 days away, while it is spruiking the highlights of the NYE party coming to dreamworld which is more than 30 days away. The author has taken a lot of time to write the "factual" info on the page, however if this were dreamworld's "response" to the attractions being brought about by the other parks, they would be PLASTERING IT all over every media outlet possible to tag onto the popularity of the supercar fanbase, and drag some people away from Warner Village this christmas. Instead, we're launching a blog *huh?* Announcing it on november 14th via a FORUM POST *HUH?* and we've joined the membership specifically to make ONE POST at 4:30pm on a friday afternoon, saying the blog launches on monday? *with no mention on the official dreamworld site????* Hate to be the skeptic here guys, but if I didn't know any better, i'd say we'd gone back to March 31st here, and being set up for a well thought out, but poorly executed April Fools Day prank. Where's the media releases? Wheres the front page Web Ad? wheres the article in the local newspaper? Does Dreamworld only want the core membership of parkz to find out about it? Or is it a bunch of absolute CRAP? Of course, I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Edited by AlexB

DOC BROWN!!!!!!!!!! Just adding on to alex b's post look at this http://au.youtube.com/user/v8dreamworld its the official youtube channel for this and ive taken note on some things to : how many video's are posted on the channel already (if its real it would only be 1 or none videos there the fact that they used a FORD (cough*sucks*cough) any what the already posted videos are of :a v8 ride at the indy , a wheelie at the indy, and a hand held camera and not a camera with extremely high contrast like in their ads and alland back onto the blog as alex mentchoned nothing on the dw site and the fact that its blogspot style and so much more which i cant think of.(pant,pant,pant)

Edited by jjuttp

Hate to be the skeptic here guys, but if I didn't know any better, i'd say we'd gone back to March 31st here, and being set up for a well thought out, but poorly executed April Fools Day prank. Where's the media releases? Wheres the front page Web Ad? wheres the article in the local newspaper? Does Dreamworld only want the core membership of parkz to find out about it? Or is it a bunch of absolute CRAP? Of course, I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
Yes you are wrong. http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/latestn...mp;gid=32685383 Website is the real deal. Regrettably MLE have chosen to reply to WVTP's addition of 3 major rides across their parks with a carnival ride in Spongebob Squarepants and a paid V8 Supercars attraction.

Yeah guys, just using some of the admin tools shows this is indeed legit. As for my thoughts, well, I hate to be negative, but this attraction sounds pretty average to me. At the end of the day, it's just a driving simulator, something I have seen multiple times before (quite often they are a touring attraction) and not really something that would get me down to the park, given the fact I prefer to spend my time on proper rides/roller coasters, plus the fact you'd have to pay extra anyway. I'm sure the rev heads would get something out of it (and those who are into DWs strategy of corporate tie ins) but I'm personally holding out for the next big ride. Edit: The V8 supercars page says that the price will be $10 to drive, and $5 to be a passenger.

By any chance will this end up where the mineride was ????
JJ made a post that was actually funny. What is the world coming to? Edited by Gazza

i just had a brain blast (jimmy nutron rip off) screamworld september - they said that somthing will be unveled then and mineride mysterious works AND the fact that this has just come ot hand i know im contradicting my other posts (DOC BROWN) and that im 99.9999999999999999999999999999% wrong this COULD be legit.

Pardon my ignorance, but where can this ride actually go?
Anywhere you could park 4 cars really (since they are doing 4 cars with the DW version). This is basically what these look like. nascar-simulator-natofest.jpg PS, just noticed that TPP got a link in the blogroll, What, no love for Parkz? Edited by Gazza

If this is real, (and I think unfourtunately it is), this is possibly the worst decision to make, they need another top quality thrill ride, and we haven't seen one of those since 2004. Dreamworld need a better ride to take the attention away from their pathetic 6th thrill ride. Having a cheap piece of garbage like this is only going to tarnish their reputation further.

Pardon my ignorance, but where can this ride actually go?
Well from the video it shows it going near Flowrider, two upcharge attractions right next to each other, correct me if I am wrong. I am curious to know how the simulators work can some one shed some light.
they need another top quality thrill ride, and we haven't seen one of those since 2004
Absolutely agreed, though they spent 10 million on MDMC in 2007 so that might lessen the chance of it happening any time soon. Edited by cadboy

I thought I'd better post this, but Ally, don't be discouraged or offended. Everyone does appreciate it when we can get scoops on upcoming attractions, and when people from park management participate on the forums. But keep in mind that people do have deeply held opinions on the sorts of rides they like, and the direction they would like to see DW head in, and aren't afraid to let these be known.

I am curious to know how the simulators work can some one shed some light.
Check out the link Bush Beast Forever posted...basically they hook the driving controls of a car up to a Playstation, and there is a projector in front of the car, and the car has some hydraulics underneath, and vibrators in the seat that jiggle the car around a bit to simulate driving. Edited by Gazza

Wow, tough crowd... Not quite getting the anger, I mean we knew they weren't getting a new major attraction, so why the anger for a minor one? By the nature of it I'd assume its temporary, and I don't blame them for adding something given the competition they're going to face this year. In any case, the blog sounds interesting

Edited by joz

Im with Joz. Sure its not a great attraction, but at least its something. Its just a shame Dreamworld is following the trend of consistently producing dissapointing attractions that help them just scrape through. Also, its great to see dreamworld admin staff on the forums participating, not just sitting back and watching.

Its the same pricing as the existing V8 Simulators on site. If people are interested in the attraction they will pay to do it, where others wont. I just dont understand why they are installing them, considering the current V8 simulators dont seem to do too well money, or attendance wise.

Edited by Lotl_90

I rode these simulators at indy one night it was a private event and cost $60 for the hour, one thing is i loved it felt so real I asked the moto gp guys who were with me how real it was and they said as close to the real thing, and they have been on some of these aussie circuits track on really bikes. Anyway my best lap on the gold coast indy track was 2:00 pole for the V8 at indy was 1:49 so i was happy with 2:00

Sure its not a great attraction, but at least its something. Its just a shame Dreamworld is following the trend of consistently producing dissapointing attractions that help them just scrape through.
But that's the thing though, it seems as if Dreamworld are only interested in installing these paper thin, low cost/temporary attractions, instead of the big ticket rides people really like. Its interesting how many rides, like TOT, Thunder River, GD and so on are the backbone of the park, and made it what it is today, and remain consistently popular with the public despite not having these brand/corporate tie ins, because they are good rides. Yet now days it seems to be the opposite; a whole bunch of smaller (often extra cost) attractions that don't have the same appeal, with a brand tie in slapped on that doesn't actually add to the ride. Interestingly, Whitewater world does have a focus on high quality rides, and the trend looks to continue with what is planned for phase 3....I just wish they would take this approach with DW, instead of cheaping out. Edited by Gazza