A very non-eventful year for us all

GoGoBoy

I was just thinking the other day how good these forums have started to become with the increase in members. Unfortunately, we really haven't been given anything overly exciting to talk about (apart from fire and speculation ofcourse). This has been a very uneventful year for Aussie theme parks with no major rides added. Nope, not one. We can only hope that next year will be better for us all and really give us something to rave about. Probably the best thing to come out this year will be Shark Bay... and while I am certainly no fan of animal exhibits this looks like it will be a good one judging by the concept designs. But when it comes down to it I don't want animal exhibits, I want rides! Either amazing thrill rides or brilliantly themed rides or even better... both! I have recently been looking over various parks websites in the states and drooling. They have some incredible stuff over there. I love the fact that so many of their parks are so huge that they require at least 3 themed hotels/resorts and separate dining and shopping complexes. We can only dream at this stage. Hmm... maybe we are all in the wrong country?!

I don't know about that. We might not have all the stuff that they've got over there, but there are some advantages to our parks. There's no off-season here, and for 3 quarters of the year you can avoid lining up for any longer then 15mins. Don't think you could get that anywhere else. The parks here are clean, and well maintained. Next year should see a replacement for Thunderbolt, which looks likely to be of the thrill ride variety. The relocation of Paradise Country as well as the Outback Spectacular (which looks very likely to gain planning permission in the next few days) and the 'new' Luna Park are a few of other major events too look out for. Then there's the great unknowns, Movieworld, Wet 'n' Wild and Wonderland. We may not be in the most crowded area for theme parks, but with 4 or 5 good quality parks, there's enough going on to keep us busy.

Unfortunately, we really haven't been given anything overly exciting to talk about (apart from fire and speculation ofcourse). This has been a very uneventful year for Aussie theme parks
I disagree. Wonderland got a Spiderman wall and gave some of their buildings a paint job that even Gary Glitter would be offended by... :twisted:

Oh I forgot about that Daniel, you are so right! I can't believe I forgot about Wonderland's new wall. I used to joke around and say that the big new attraction after years of waiting would be... a WALL. But the joke has become reality. Finally, something we can all be proud of. The best thing about it is the fact that no expense has been spared in creating the wall - they've gone all out by making it 2D!

Oh I forgot about that Daniel, you are so right! Who could forget about Wonderland's new wall. I used to joke around and say that the big new attraction after years of waiting would be... a WALL. But the joke has become reality. Finally, something we can all be proud of. The best thing about it is the fact that no expense has been spared in creating the wall - they've gone all out by making it 2D!
Don't forget the variation of chicken wings! I've been waiting for them all my life! [/sarcasm] It's true what Joz said about our parks, they have to be the most well maintained parks on Earth. My dad's friend who lives in the US actually stopped over in Australia for a couple of weeks and did some of the parks here (I think it was Sea World, Movie World and Dreamworld). He said that the quality of our parks are outstanding, and don't even come close to the standards of American parks. However, something is needed that will put Australia on the map. ~Liam

Yes I had a hand in choosing the colours. Whats wrong with BRIGHT pink, green, blue, orange and some butterbeans? I really like the Dippin Dots store in Goldrush with the pastels of pink and yellow. So be nicthe ok! "The Bus is now leaving for Homosassa, Florida, USA"

I'm not very excited about this whole outback spectacular and paradise country thing either. It'll be great for the asians but maybe not so great for the rest of us who live here. Especially if it takes away precious capital which could be invested into possible new attractions at the parks.

I don't know about that.  We might not have all the stuff that they've got over there, but there are some advantages to our parks.   There's no off-season here, and for 3 quarters of the year you can avoid lining up for any longer then 15mins.  Don't think you could get that anywhere else.  The parks here are clean, and well maintained.  .
8) I have to agree as well. The parks here are exceptionally well maintained and kept clean. Some of the parks I have been to in the USA have been in a very sorry state, even with new excellent attractions some of them fail in keeping the place clean or shiny. And the queue's! We have never seen the type of queue's you get in American theme parks. KH

Absolutely. I went to Dreamworld this year for the first time in a couple of years and I could not get over the neatness of everything. I was blown away. Wonderland is a damn tidy place but Dreamworld made it look like the Eastern Creek Waste Management Centre. Hats off to Dreamworld.... the best park in the country- By a long shot!

Hats off to Dreamworld.... the best park in the country
That's gotta be the most insane thing I've ever heard. Dreamworld has the rides, but that's about it. It has the slowest and most unintersting ride operators in Australia, awful food and in fact, really, though they've got a few big things, they're really not that great - and that's without comparing it to some of the stuff over here (which I've yet to experience :)).

Fair enough Richie Rich, I love it though. Was there in Feb and would have gone back the next day if time permitted. Tiger Island blew me away. Awesome! I just love the tidiness of the joint. It's a beautiful park. Haven't seen Sea World in a few years though so maybe I made an uneducated observation. I love the joint though.

Well Dreamworld would want to have cleanest park and best rides going for it cos it's got nothing else on it's side. True true Danny Fanny wonderland could be good but they dont want to be good. Cood be best in Australia bu seems they can't be bothered, blowing their attraction budget with new garbage bins and new food items.