A very non-eventful year for us all

GoGoBoy

Jaggie said: the would rake in enough there to build a major thrill ride every two years, but i have no idea where the money goes, the beach refurb, 1 million my arse and thats about all they've done.
Where did you get this figure for the Beach refurb? I think you have it confused with the 'Cash Splash' promotion that was on earlier this year. If you want an answer to where the money goes just have a look at the Sunway website and the annual report. I got this information from it: Sunway City Berhad is parent company to Sunway Lagoon Sdn Bhd is parent company to Eastern Glory Enterpises is parent company to Estonia Enterprises is parent company to Internation Theme Park is parent company to Sydney Theme Park If thats not a tax rort then I dont know what is, Estonia Enterprises indeed! "The Bus is now leaving for Dhaka, Bangladesh with a population of 8,942,300"

Before anyone says that my information is false, have a look here. It also states that Wonderland is valued at around $50 million. I know that the report is from 2000 but the company structure would not of changed much since then. If it has there are probably a few more levels in there. "The Bus is now leaving for Climax, Colorado, USA"

I really doubt that Wonderland is operating at a loss. They get over 1 million visitors per year which is about the same as Dreamworld (a park which makes a good profit). As I said before, it seems to me the money is simply being shipped back to Malaysia. If they were trying to operate the park at a loss they would stop marketing the park so much and stop producing new shows and events. There would probably be some sort of tax minimisation scheme going on though which is why there are multiple linked companies. The $1 million dollar remark regarding the Beach refurb is correct. It was a figure released by Wonderland. Why it cost so much to repaint a couple of slides I do not know. We should have at least got ONE new smallish slide for that amount!

Not only is Wonderland operating at a loss, its also going to close in February!
We hear that about this time every year :P The Wildlife Park is the only thing keeping it on its legs. I'm just stating that it can be more profitable to operate at a loss. I'm not saying they are, but they could be... If they are breaking even, WILDLIFE PARK!!
Why it cost so much to repaint a couple of slides I do not know.
All in the paint mate. It's special paint. Just like the paint for the pool. Shame they left it uncovered and all the dirt and grit and crap blew in it and scratched the living buggery out of everyone and their clothes for a couple of weeks though :twisted: Silly buggers ;)

Well let me say this, why would Wonderland close, without going out with a big bang, i mean making it public knowledge and then people would come from all over to get one last taste of Wonderland. Now Joz you obviously dont know, how much work, without adding new attractions they've put into the place. It looks great now and hopefully can only get better, is that just a statement you made or do you know something?

Well let me say this, why would Wonderland close, without going out with a big bang, i mean making it public knowledge and then people would come from all over to get one last taste of Wonderland.
If I were to run the park, I sure as hell wouldn't add a new attraction one month before closing. Why would you waste all your money on something that didn't benefit in the long run? I would keep the money instead of wasting it. ~Liam