Wonderland Maps

wondercam

HI Everyone, ive been looking for some old wonderland maps and I Haven’t been able to find any <_< If any one has any can you post them on here? And does anyone know what happened to the proposed New theme park In NSW? Or Maybe I just haven’t caught up with the new info ;) Maybe that’s 'old' news. Cheers, Wondercam

Have a look at <a href="http://www.----URL removed for non-compliance with Community Guidelines----/" target="_blank">http://www.----URL removed for non-compliance with Community Guidelines----/</a> Bussy
I know that the site owner of that particular website did a very naughty thing by PM'ing the entire membership of this site, but the community guidelines speak of other sites in terms of relevance to the topic. I feel that it is quite warranted in this particular instance, for the site to be posted as it is quite relevant to the topic at hand, and since the filter auto-blocks the address, manually type in: www. followed by wonderland followed by history followed by .net Edited by AlexB

Yes I agree with Alex in that it is on topic and its got to be the best wonderland resource on the net, so we probably could/should still allow the URL to be posted. However it's Richards site to do what he wants with, so I don't know if posting to get around restrictions is the best thing to be doing either.

I know what you mean Clint, but we've all been on the site long enough to know the rules. Specifically, Richard does have this one:

We reserve the right to take any action deemed necessary in a given situation. At the end of the day, it is a privilege, not a right to be a member at Parkz. We hold the unconditional right to take any actions deemed necessary at any time.
Now i'm going to go out on a limb here and say that since my post has been up there for more than a week, without anything from Richard, I am presuming that this is ok. Besides, there is also a rule that talks about linking websites which is community guideline number 7:
Users may not create threads or posts for the purposes of advertising other websites. This is regardless of whether or not the website belongs to the user, or whether it could be considered a competing site. This is different to linking to sites for the purposes of promoting stimulating discussions on Parkz. This includes the posting of photographs images which contain excessive graphical references to other websites, as deemed by a staff member.
But, while we are on the topic of the Community Guidelines, and one good turn deserving another, (as well as feel free to move this part if you want - Joz, don't worry, I know you couldn't be bothered) but can someone tell me what the go is with this:
Users are limited to a single signature image. It must have a filesize of under 50kb and be less than 600 pixels wide and 100 pixels high. Parkz reserves the right to remove any signature image, regardless of whether or not it is within these dimensions. Animated images are generally frowned upon. Images must not advertise any websites, products or services.
Example 1 (Animated) Example 2 (Animated) Probably the worst example - 3 (animated - and multiple - and advertising)

• 2 months later...

I have a stack of old theme park maps etc. Its interesting to see how much the drawing style and what rides/ attractions etc have changed over the years. But I sadly only have one that I can find from wonderland it was 1999/2000 map I believe. "Celebrating 15 years of fun" and still refers to HBL not little wonder rubbish. So still includes HBL on map. Enjoy. ;)

post-1947-1236595186_thumb.jpg

THANKS STEF :D YOU MADE AN OLD WONDERLAND FAN HAPPY :P ! can anyone explain mountain cascades?? Any Photos?? I went to wonderland twice and never saw/went on this part of the beach Wonderland history only has one photo of this ride and it is at the bottom splash pool (not much help). Did it close 2004? If not when? Sorry for all this asking of questions, just trying to did up memorys Thanks, Wondercam

Mountain cascades was not properly positiond in my opinion because it often went unseen as it was slightly hidden near the end of the free fall etc slides. You waited in a line at the bottom pool part and the staff member was there and had some sort of signal (cant remember exactly) but a green light or something. And then sent the next person waiting up to the top where you sat in a ring and just went down a built in half pipe type slide with fake rock theming. Was a bit scary at the end as the water from the slide pushes you into the pool :( but still a fun and very quiet slide. I think they used the slide on some of their advertisements etc because I always used to say huh wonderland doesnt have a slide with tubes (because it always slipped my mind :rolleyes: ). The beach closed a bit before the closure of wonderland I think. But can't exactly recall when.

Actually Wonderland had 2 slides that required tubes, Aqua Tube was the other one. I remember the trouble we had towards the end getting boats that would last more than several trips down the slide. Several times I was given a bunch of money, at one point $700, and the keys to the security Barina and told to go and get some boast. I ended up at Clarke Rubber haggling with the Indian owner of the store for all his boat in store for the cash he had. Haggling with an Indian store owner is one of the hardest things I have ever done, stingy only starts to discribe him. In the end I won though :D Mountain Cascades was closed for quiet a while before Wonderland, mainly because it required 2 staff members and we were struggling to man the rest of the Beach. Bussy