Jet Rescue Reviews + Opening

cerberus584

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not like things dont break down. just because it happens to break down so soon doesnt make it unreliable, poorly maintained or not very well built. a united airlines A320 lands in the Hudson river in New York. does this make the plane unreliable, poorly maintained or not very well built? i think not its the same with everything. random unexpected failures or breakdowns happen all the time for random unknown reasons, they have to be expected.

its the same with everything. random unexpected failures or breakdowns happen all the time for random unknown reasons, they have to be expected.
Thankyou Mr. Oscar Wilde - however, if we always expect the unexpected, nothing is unexpected, and it cannot be expected to expect the unexpected if the unexpected is expected, thereby making all unexpected expectations expected.

if we always expect the unexpected, nothing is unexpected, and it cannot be expected to expect the unexpected if the unexpected is expected, thereby making all unexpected expectations expected.
huh? :blink: IMO I think Sea World are still getting the bugs out of it and running it in. Edited by Movie_World

Grrrr. We went to SeaWorld yesterday (Monday 19th) and it was still closed. There's nothing at all on the SeaWorld website advising that the ride is closed, and the only advance notice is a small note at the park entrance (AFTER waiting in a long slow-moving queue to get to the park entrance in the first place - partly our fault for underestimating the Gold Coast am peak hour traffic so we only got to the park at 10am instead of before opening). The ride is still being advertised all over local TV, which is only adding to our disappointment. Looks like 6 days of down time so far, and with no meaningful information available from park staff, the plausible explanation posted on this thread suggests a long, long down time to come. Sigh. Oh well, at least we clocked up the Corkscrew credit whilst we were there.

A new part is coming from Intamin... There trying as fast as they can, cause Guest are coming to Seaworld to ride this after seeing it advertised on TV/RADIO/Bill Boards etc.... I heard something about the Oil Filter or something getting dirty and they cant clean it, it got stuck for 1 Hour in the tunnel, Hence why the other train is stuck there.... Corkscrew is going down for 5 weeks for annual maintenance too

Edited by mattcrombie

Woohoo! I rang Guest Services today (Thursday 22nd) at 4pm, was told the ride was open, got to SeaWorld in record time and we managed to get on for our first ride. Only one train was running, and we arrived at the ride at about 4:35pm to see the switchbacks full and some spillover behind, but we boarded (front seats) after 20 minutes or so of waiting. *Well worth the effort*. It's a great ride, with the excitement maintained throughout the entire duration of the ride because of the second launch. The sitting position and restraint are really well thought out for fast loading/unloading and enhanced excitement. This one goes right into our top 10 because not only is it thrilling, but it's FUN to ride. We'll be back again over the weekend for lots more rides of this one.

Been reading this thread for a while hoping to see a sign of the ride reopening. Great to hear that its finally happened! Does anyone think something might be up with the maintenance department over at Seaworld lately? It seems the park used to be in top notch shape all the time now a new ride has opened which seems to be breaking down a lot and taking a while to get fixed and it was only a few weeks ago that corkscrew closed for a week or so mysteriously all of a sudden. Has there been some changes over there?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Was there Monday and today. The lockers are now gone from the store and have been placed in front of the Corkscrew instead. Yuck, I hate the new location - spoils the sightlines of the main element of the coaster. What were they thinking??? :( The store uses the old lockers location as extra room for Jet Rescue merchandise - as well as Jet Pilot-branded gear. While I'm glad the lockers are moved to lessen congestion - and there's more of them - I hate where they were put. They're also from a different company than the ones at Superman Escape & features a guy with a broad Australian accent. Even broader than the reporter on that video! :P Jet Rescue is however running beautifully ... it was great to ride it as always [7 runs today]. The mist on the second launch was really cold and intense particularly towards closing. But it's all good.

post-900-1241704985_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gold Coaster

• 3 months later...
Must say am not really a fan of the locker concept but I suppose with separate load/unload stations(which seem to increase capacity) it isn't easy to just use baskets for personal belongings.
Sorry if this is old news, but there is now a fence between the load and unload stations, and a rotating thingy which moves your valuables from the "load" side to the "unload" side during the ride. So you can leave your valuables in a basket reasonably securely. EDIT: I think this is wrong - see my next post. Edited by nerdville

Sorry if this is old news, but there is now a fence between the load and unload stations, and a rotating thingy which moves your valuables from the "load" side to the "unload" side during the ride. So you can leave your valuables in a basket reasonably securely.
That was quick. I was there last Saturday and there was no sign of it or any construction. I'm curious to see how they've done it given there is only the small gang plank between the load and unload station for the ride ops. The "rotating thingy" description sounds more like the setup for MDMC at Dreamworld.

That was quick. I was there last Saturday and there was no sign of it or any construction. I'm curious to see how they've done it given there is only the small gang plank between the load and unload station for the ride ops. The "rotating thingy" description sounds more like the setup for MDMC at Dreamworld.
Sorry, I think I am getting mixed up with MDMC. We did 5 parks in a week, having never visited before, and it's all a blur sometimes. Now I think of it, my wife and I took turns holding valuables while the other rode the Jet Ski with the kids. Still, the Jet Ski was one of my wife's favourite rides of the whole trip. Edited by nerdville