Corkscrew down for maintenance... during xmas holidays >:(

Theme Park Girl

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know the themeing on Jet Rescue and Bremunda Triangle is so crap. Dreamworld's MDMC is so much better than Jet Rescue in the themeing department :rolleyes:
Hang on, back the horse back up. I am not sure of the status of Bermuda Triangles theming, but in it's day and for many years (I can't comment past 2006) was in my opinion Australias Best themed ride. It has an awesome story to it also. Again, I can't comment on it recently, but as far as I am aware, the only effect they dropped was the fire (which was an awesome climax to the ride). Now i'm not a fan of Warner Village parks at the moment, so my opinion isn't biased, but I'm finding it hard to believe anyone who says that Bermuda triangles themeing is crap without any real evidence/ facts.

• 2 months later...

Just a little update, but Corkscrew is being rethemed as "Sea Viper". There is a coloured sign at the ride entrance, with a picture of one and a suitably styled logo, advertising it as "A whole new experience, coming in 'Summer 2009'. I didn't have my camera on me, so I couldn't get a pic, but there you go. I remains to be seen what extent this retheme/upgrade will go to...Seems very much like what Six Flags have been doing though. In other news, there is now a new bridge and set of stairs from the corkscrew ramps, over the turn out of the station, and down into the Jet Rescue area.

Edited by Gazza

"A whole new experience, coming in 'Summer 2009'. I didn't have my camera on me, so I couldn't get a pic, but there you go. I remains to be seen what extent this retheme/upgrade will go to...
I KNEW IT! as we mentioned before, all they need to do now is replace one section of track, and it's brand new again!!!!

Nope, still closed, the carriages which are under the Corkscrew are covered up as if in storage, while the other train is still parked in the tunnel. With any luck this love that Corkscrew is having forced upon it will also extend to reopening the train and overhaul of Bermuda's effects, since those are the attractions that actually need some love.

Edited by joz

Oh bugger, that sucks. Talk about mis-leading advertising on their website then (I wasn't able to find any reference of it being closed). Let's just hope Dreamworld don't follow the same path with their railway. Its one of the parks better attractions IMO, and they actually have put some decent effort over the years in running it.

With any luck this love that Corkscrew is having forced upon it will also extend to reopening the train and overhaul of Bermuda's effects, since those are the attractions that actually need some love.
I don't necessarily thing it is a bad thing to overhaul Corkscrew (Admittedly I'm a stickler for the theme of rides fitting the park) but it is seriously one of the last rides at WVTP that needs money spent on it given how well it is running....LW needs the new style SLC trains, Bermuda needs smoke and fire, Terror Canyon needs to be made operational etc etc.