Corkscrew down for maintenance... during xmas holidays >:(

Theme Park Girl

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They wouldn't have gone to the effort they clearly have if it was just an undercoat or primer (who primes something they are going to paint white with a coloured primer? That's just silly). So from what it looks like is that it's staying, but I am not expecting the colour to be splashed all over the ride, it looks as though they might be just doing the corkscrews and the loop (as spotty said, much like the Thunderbolt). Anyway, if that is the final colour, I am disgusted, that is a terrible colour, way too bright, a paler colour would have probably looked much nicer, or heck even leaving it white would have been fine.

I think though, that gone are the times of a classic white coaster. Now the parks have to paint rides bright, fun colours in order to catch the eye and make them fit in with the park. For example, you have Jet Rescue thats gone in beside the corkscrew, unfortunately, the youth of today always want the new and shiny one so corkscrew would soon be neglected. So i think the bright colours should actually attract more riders.

Anyway, if that is the final colour, I am disgusted, that is a terrible colour, way too bright, a paler colour would have probably looked much nicer, or heck even leaving it white would have been fine.
Yeah I agree. That colour is bad and stands out way to much.
Now the parks have to paint rides bright, fun colours in order to catch the eye and make them fit in with the park.
I don't fully agree. It really depends on the park. I mean painting things bright and fun colours really doesn't make it fit in with everything else at SW, quite the opposite actually. WWW is the place where they have to paint everything bright to fit in with the park.

... until it fades... It is still quite possible a coloured undercoat is being used. My eldest brother is a master painter \ decorator, and, for instance, certain primers that contain bases to prevent rust, corrosion, or reduce conductivity only come in certain colours... looking at that photo, it would appear to be permanent, but it is still possible it is some form of primer. Need to get a close up look - is it a glossy finish... or no? If it's glossy, it's probably there to stay.

Seaworlds website states that Corkscrew will be open tomorrow (3rd of April)? if there painting the 'whole' coaster it should be painted by now, well I hope so :lol: unless they want riders to be covered by what ever colour paint there putting on to the track. I should be in the park on Saturday, (hopefully its open) I will get some pic's then

Hey, Went to Seaworld today and Corkscrew was open and the corkscrew's+loop are still orange (and the paint is glossy) but I personally don't think there going to leave it orange, the orange sections are all over the place. The colour starts at the drop out of the station and then stops at the brake before the Lift then it starts again at the bottom of the drop and continues to just after the track goes under the monorail track then starts again halfway through the last turnaround. There are seat belts attached to the harnesses on corkscrew to now (pretty much like what Cyclone has) Follow link to View photos Also JetRescue has settled in awesome, its running really great (its so smooth!) :) zane.

Edited by zane

The quality of the finish seems too good to be temporary....Either way the ride is open, but the job is half done, with plenty of areas still untouched ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/coastersrule/...57616279763159/ ) so its sort of 50-50 whether it goes all white or all orange. Salmonscrew?

Edited by Gazza

Hey, Went to Seaworld today and Corkscrew was open and the corkscrew's+loop are still orange (and the paint is glossy) but I personally don't think there going to leave it orange, the orange sections are all over the place. The colour starts at the drop out of the station and then stops at the brake before the Lift then it starts again at the bottom of the drop and continues to just after the track goes under the monorail track then starts again halfway through the last turnaround. There are seat belts attached to the harnesses on corkscrew to now (pretty much like what Cyclone has) Follow link to View photos Also JetRescue has settled in awesome, its running really great (its so smooth!) :) zane.
I have to admit, I'm quite pleased about that, I've always been paranoid about those harnesses.