Good and Bad Times

SuperYoshi

well i am going to QLD for a holiday soon ( JAN 02) and i was wondering is it a good time to go after Jan 02 - u knoe since the holiday season , well xmas and new yrs , is over? and i it a whole lot better to go out of school holidays? do they still have all the rides operating in good condition? if you could answer this ( soon , since i leave in 4 days) it would be helpful , thanks movie_world or JAKE :P

Well Jake to be quite honest, it's probably the worst time. A lot of the crowds don't actually leave for their holidays until after christmas - you know - get the christmas celebrations and new years partying out of the way, and then spend January on holiday on the goldcoast - hmmmm.... kind of like YOU will be doing. The timing factor between NSW and QLD holidays ensures January is almost solidly booked for all parks on the coast... might I recommend the end of february?

Hi jake just from a Movie World staff prospective here for you. The next three weeks are anticipated to be full capacity days each and every day meaning same amount of guests each day so you'll be in for the same Sh#t fight every day. Quick run down which should help you out a lot. Hollywood stunt driver runs 3 times a day 12:30, 2:30 and 4:15 the que starts 1hr and 15 mins before the show does and the line wraps around to the intencity game building if not longer. Take great use of the new ride times guide which is located near scooby doo and superman this is a trial system for a electronic system we may see very soon. Picture bellow. Do Scooby doo spooky coaster first off i mean right on 10am seeing the que will branch into the extended que area outside and has for the last 3 days. leaving you with a 2hr wait plus there has been break downs very often every day this week due to the amount of trains on the track on the plus side the fog is excellent in the main room and the drop. lethal weapon do when ever small que and both trains in operation at all times. Superman escape your bound to get a que length around 1hr an half plus all day long on the plus side the locker times have been extended to allow for the long que times exceeding the 1hr period. Batwing its que times are up and down all day so refer to your ride times guide. Batman adventure ride II 20 mins if that. Wild West falls best to be done early in the morning. All rides and attractions will be open and there is no scheduled maintenance Superman escape will close in rain and Batwing will close under strong winds. Quick tips 1. Do major rides while shows like Hollywood Stunt driver and the parade are on or if you want to see the parade leave for a major attraction after they have done the descent down the street because the ascent back up the street is the same. 2. Arrive early if you need to purchase your ticket or if you need to redeem a ticket from a pre purchased ticket like NRMA, RACQ ect. If your ticket has a barcode on it about 15cm long then far chance is you wont need to visit a booth just head to the turnstiles, arriving early ensures your either first to get a ticket or first into the park. 9am is a good time 11am they have been telling people sorry the park has reached capacity. 3. Eat snacks or pre made lunch while in a line que to save time exclusions with Superman escape and Scooby Doo Spooky coaster no food is allowed to be brought into the que area. I hope this info will be of help if you have any questions regarding anything in general PM or contact 133FUN for any park matters.

post-2323-1230458399_thumb.jpg

Hi Klassen. Some very good advice. Just on the Good & Bad timings to visit a park, I am planning on heading up for a week starting the 31st of Jan. From your experience (and others), how busy are the parks for this week, considering QLD and NSW school holidays finish on the 23rd of Jan? And do you happen to know what so far is looking to be closed for maintenance in that period? There is nothing currently on either Dreamworlds or Movie Worlds websites for after the 1st of Jan, and thought a little inside info is due. And finally, Annual Passes, whats the best way to purchase one for the Warner Village parks? My plan is to purchase a ticket through the NRMA with the small 10% discount I get with them, then upgrade to the Annual Pass once inside the park. Is it better to do that, or purchase the pass with the 10% discount from Myfun directly from the beginning?

Thanks T-bone Just quickly Gazza if you look at the picture i posted you will see superman escape was beyond 40mins today it was on 45+ most of the day seeing i changed both boards for the morning half. My advice would be excellent time to go round the 31st major rush is over and usually dies down around the 20Th plus no maintenance will start till around mid Feb with Superman Escape first of the cab from what iv seen on the schedule this though can change if someone decides to hirer the attraction in that time it will then be put back later. With the annual pass best thing for you is to just purchase the pass online in the end it will end up the same price or maybe slightly cheaper and it will save you a lot of hassle on the day trying to buy and upgrading this way you will have your day entry already so you can enter straight into the park through the turnstiles with out having to go to the ticket booth if you had of got a NRMA ticket because they don't give you the turnstile bar code you need to redeem that from the ticket booth were as if you buy online it will print you the bar code for straight entry, then you just need to go to guest services for a mug shot and they will get some details and your scribble and they will give you your pass.

Coolies. Thanks for that Klassen. So if I buy from Myfun, all I have to do is head to the scanners with the printout, get in and head straight to guest relations/ upgrade booth to get the photos and get the pass? It seems like the easiest way. So Superman is first down, do you know when in Feb it's scheduled to go down?

Happy to help. Best option yes, Buy it online you will get your print out with the bar code on it, on the day head straight to the turnstiles or scanners as you called it then go to the guest services building in main street not the upgrade booth because they will just send you to guest services in main street. Atm yes Superman Escape is first but its only been penciled in final decision you will find out the same time as i do it will be on the site as soon as it is finalised.

When you look at that wait time board it looks like there is no line up for lethal Weapon. I think this clearly points out to WVTP that something needs to be done to the ear and headbashing trains. I don't know say maybe buying the new train designs off Vekoma. From what I've heard they make the ride very smooth and put it in the same class as B&M. It's something I'd look into. If they can do it with Scooby then why not LW?

Original very very good point and i can assure you and many other staff who are in higher places that are on this forum could also tell you this matter gets discussed all the time the op's staff will always write it down in the weekly ride comments for lethal weapon, ear/headache pain from rides seats. It doesn't get forgotten i can tell you guests send in formal complaints by email and mail about the ride its just a matter of getting a chance to do the change. It takes a far bit of work to do something like this and we will see it happen soon i'm sure. As much as you will and could all say "all you have to do is remove the old seats and replace them with new ones" There is a lot more work involved and that's not the reason why there is no line up shown, i took this picture after i updated the board at about 12ish lethal weapon had a technical fault with the sync of the loading bay and the 2nd brake pad section beside the maintenance bay which caused it to close for about 2mins reason being the ride has no marker on the 10min section and it is on the line

thanks klassen ummm .... obviously the park has became much more popular! Since last year ( See we head up to tweed heads / coolangatta every year to see family so yeah i know my way around) anyway .... :rolleyes: last year the superman ride did only take bout 20 mins ... the scoobydoo ride did brakedown ALOT and there were lines outside the buliding but if you were their 30 mins later it was EMPTY! we went on 3 times in a row - no lines! and the WWF was pretty empty till bout 1pm - 3pm then it was empty again ... but could i atleast ride all the MAJOR rides in one day?

Yes for sure, I was at the park 2 days ago and it has max crowds, the place was crazy with people. If you are savy you can avoid ques for most of the day. Pay little attention to the wait time boards as they are very rarely correct (which is why I think they are stupid). You could see times of 45+ wait for superman, and then get there and find it's barely a 10min wait, as it was most of the day on Tuesday. Scooby be sure to ride first thing in the morning and then get in another ride very late in the day if you wish. Stunt show line forms like an hour before the show, but if you go get in the line about 15mins before (it will be back to the arcade) you will still get in to see the show. It will be a full day, and you will have some 20 minute waits but don't expect anything worse than that.

i think the ride queue times board is an excellent idea. hopefully this will spread guests out over rides a bit more... for example, superman escapes queue is at 45mins plus but wild west falls and lethal weapon have shorter queues then people will be more likely to head over there, thus spreading the crowds out a bit more. djrappa, as klassen said the ride queue times board is only really a trial at the moment and in its early stages, nothings perfect at the start, but hopefully with some time and changes to the system, it can turn into a great feature.

Well, for a "trial" this is the second or third year that they've used these exact same boards - are they just hauling them out for peak season? We've also heard talk of the electronic wait boards a year or two ago as well, so its nothing new, and why bother spending all this money on electronic stuff, if the crowds love the magnet boards? no additional costs - why not stick with the cheaper one that you know works? Also Lefty, I think it might be helpful for you to check out the community guidelines - specifically

8. Signatures may not be used to promote other sites unless direct written permission has been given by a staff member. Users are free to include their own website URL in their profile. Other sites include official theme park websites.
Sorry if I've gotten any mod's backs up, but I hit report about 2 days ago and nothing happened. Edited by AlexB

Yes exactly, it's not trial, they are here to stay. They aren't updated acurately and frequently enough and people can just change them. They also don't allow for ride breakdowns or anything like that. Yes electronic displays are a great idea but these cheap looking boards(for example Seaworld now has a badly cut laminated laser print out stuck over the old Eye position for Jet Rescue) are just plain bad.

thanks for that!

Well, for a "trial" this is the second or third year that they've used these exact same boards - are they just hauling them out for peak season? We've also heard talk of the electronic wait boards a year or two ago as well, so its nothing new, and why bother spending all this money on electronic stuff, if the crowds love the magnet boards?
ure right every time ive been their for the last couple of years they have been their and the days ive been it is a bit incorrect eg . scooby - 30 mins it only took bout 10 but it does say at the bottom , well i forgot :o i didnt look at the pic. it does say something like this infomation could be false at the moment. but arent their people always theire changing the magnets <_< [EDIT] i removed something that had been spoken off already " electronic boards" Edited by Movie_World

9am is a good time 11am they have been telling people sorry the park has reached capacity. Klassen, Your points are very helpful, however please be aware of the WVTP policy on speaking on behalf of the company, and speaking on these sorts of platforms (Parkz Forum) especially when statements such as that above are entirely untrue. The parks have been extremly busy over this period, however at no time have any of the WVTP parks reached capacity, or turned guests away. Anyone interested in visiting any of the parks, please contact the parks or visit the official websites to see what can and cant be acanned at the front gates! NRMA and RACQ barcodes for example cannont be scanned at the gates. Cheers, MF