Dreamworlds Direction

Welcome to the forums. I invite you to read though the forums before creating a topic that is already in discussion. Side bar, your spelling is not up to a basic standard for these discussion boards but this is fine with me because I have a very young child and can tell what you are trying to say but for other peeps on this site you have started hammer time.

I think from what he is trying to say, is that the Vortex is not gone from the park and is going to be moved to Nick Central. Weather or not this is the case is yet to be determined, but I doubt it considering the age of the ride. However it was a very popular ride so it may come back. If it does go to Nick Central (No idea where it would fit) I would expect it to be themed to something like Jimmy Neutron or something similar.

I have added a photo to the queue for the site, but basically a summary of what is happening. As of Wednesday the 11th of Feb, the ride has been completely removed from the building, with parts from the ride in separate area's of the park (the main shell is in the Boneyard near the old Thunderbolt site) with other pieces such as the hand railings, and the beds stacked infront of the site of the attraction building. There is a big gaping hole in the back of the building, and the disabled access stairs have been ripped out (as per the plans posted on this site about a month back). And as of the 12th of February, some of the tree's out the back of building were being pulled down, and some of the old tree stumps were being ground down. Whats in store? Well from what I can gather, the old rides building is going to become the entry/ info building for the laser skirmish, with a purpose built building to be built behind it, running parallel with the building for the Game Site, Dodgems and the Nick Store. And with the comment that the ride could come back, I must say it is possible it could come back. The way the ride appears to have been taken apart certainly indicates that they are planning on re-assemble the attraction, when and where though is the real question. If it is to come back, I can see it coming back as a Nick attraction, but where is the next question. To me, the only real possibility for an attraction that size is where the access gate is near the Tiger Island entry. I can see them either extending nick central from that point, or simply putting the ride in that opening there. It's now a game of wait and see I suppose.

The ride will not be placed at the Access gate near Tiger Island. I can tell you that right now. That area is used for back of house stuff from what I was told. Not to mention it will could be used for the WhiteWater World expansion soon. But from what I could see from WhiteWater World yesterday, the ride is folded up on a trailer now, just like the carnival models.

I would expect soon to see Dreamworld remove the gate fee and charge for a ride pass. (eg. Aussie World). Are they too impatiant to wait till the Coomera shopping complex is built, invest and turn it into an entertainment precient. All these extra charges after paying a rediculous entry fee is just crazy. They really need to re-evaluate what they are doing. They must realize that Village Roadshow are smashing all their attempts to draw a crowd with all all 3 parks.

I recon as Troy81 said the removal of dreamworlds gates with a cost to what ever attraction you do would be a good idea for the way they are going though i don't see it happening as dreamworld is to wrapped up in its self and will never let down on its competition with WVTP that they lost a long time ago. There not really getting anywhere with these stupid decisions being made, there now starting to put new attractions in every 6 months that are a waste of there time and our money. I think its about time they really have a hard look at what is happening and see that it is probably a wise move to quiet down for a bit do a little spite shine clean the place up bring it back to its original state, Put in a parade for god sakes create a bit of atmosphere they have enough well known characters to do so. Give it some time slowly put the pieces back were they belong and then after having time without impulse buying with these silly things like race cars and laser games put in an attraction that will wow Australia like you used to. Dreamworld used to have huge ques in summer time i mean huge these days you wait 10 mins and your in what happen to the crowds. Oh wait you empty there bank accounts these days don't you we may as well hand you our key card and pin number.

Something interesting I noticed, but the laser tag is in the same place as what is planned to be one of the helices on the dark mammoth slide for WWW...I wonder if will they build over the top, or will the mammoth slide end up having a different layout? With T-Bones pic though...it has appeared small in the gallery, and has not turned up on the front page.

It was my ultimate fear that Dreamworld would go down this path. I could tell the management were really excited by the idea of pay as you go 'attractions' and 'experiences' as opposed to actual rides. It's really sad. I think we should set up a proper petition asking Dreamworld to head back in the direction of a true theme park again. I'm sure they would pay attention if they got a number of signatures and realised how worried everyone is. No more racing simulators! No more interactive sporting attractions! No more laser tag or bowling alleys!

I also do think that we do what GoGoBoy suggested and that is to make up a petition and get everyone to sign it and then they might finally realize that there going in the wrong direction and to get some quality rides. To be honest if Dreamworld didn't have the ToT and GD, Dreamworld would've been closed down by now, because the only reason I go to Dreamworld is to ride those 2 particular rides.

Whats in store? Well from what I can gather, the old rides building is going to become the entry/ info building for the laser skirmish, with a purpose built building to be built behind it, running parallel with the building for the Game Site, Dodgems and the Nick Store.
Or knowing dreamworld an already existing building from somewhere.
And with the comment that the ride could come back, I must say it is possible it could come back. The way the ride appears to have been taken apart certainly indicates that they are planning on re-assemble the attraction, when and where though is the real question. If it is to come back, I can see it coming back as a Nick attraction, but where is the next question. To me, the only real possibility for an attraction that size is where the access gate is near the Tiger Island entry. I can see them either extending nick central from that point, or simply putting the ride in that opening there.
You're forgetting the Big 'Chalk Zone' space up the top of Nick Central which would quite easily fit a ride in, and the (ex)Fountain Play zone at the bottom, which is in much need of something useful and could quite comfortably house a ride envelope.

I agree with gogoboys idea. Dreamworld was the best theme park about two years ago and was heading in the right direction when they built the Claw. Where did you find out this information anyway about it being a laser skirmish and costing 10 - 20 dollars? sorry for double posting.

sorry for double posting.
It gets merged if you post in the same topic twice or more within 30 minutes. If you want to edit a Post because you missed something click the EDIT button. This is sad how Dreamworlds latest attraction requires you to pay more. Especially when you can probably play this in your community. I mean who would go to a theme park and pay around $100 to play Laser Tag? Knowing Dreamworld It wont be good.

Sorry Gazza , Let me explain that, You pay around 10 or 20 dollars to Play Laser Tag right? Also the 50 - 60 dollar entry fee , if your on holiday , you wouldn't have a Annual Pass. Now I know this isn't the total cost for the Laser Tag but your still paying extra money for something most community's would have available.

Edited by Movie_World

Just to point out from what a few people have said its sounds as if you have gotten the impression that dreamworld is going to a pay per attraction system, this is not the case. this is just what a few people have said looks like the direction that will be taken in the future in my opinion it will be after the q4u trial period if anything. Oh and whitsy this is a community forum anyone is allowed to bitch about what ever they like that is the purpose of a forum to discuss matters weather they be good or bad dreamworld these days just happens to have more bad than good.

Edited by klassen24

It also looks like the last remnants of any theming in Ocean Parade are going to be wiped out... obviously Dreamworld has decided to ditch the themed areas concept which is very disappointing. In regards to my idea for a petition - glad to see it has some support. I don't know if I'd be the best person to put one together though as my knowledge of web formatting is limited. We would certainly want it to appear as professional as possible, preferably put together with input from users from this forum

a decent park operator like six flags or something
Am I the only one that found this funny? Six Flags went bust dude, they carved up some theme parks and sold off half a dozen others just in order to keep the big ones running. Don't forget the unfixed hurricane damaged park in New Orleans or the atrocious safety and injury count across the board. Great parks yes, but only because they get so many guests. If Dreamworld was capable of taking 20 000+ people, it would be a great park.
Oh and whitsy this is a community forum anyone is allowed to bitch about what ever they like
Like how suddenly there are a whole group of new members a few weeks after mrt finally got kicked and they all either seem to have poor spelling or start brand new over used threads. /rants Edited by DonjaiInLA

Sorry guys with the photo, I have re-submitted a full res photo, lets see what happens this time. Lotl_90, I didn't think the old Fountain was big enough to handle the Gravitron, but now thinking about it, I suppose it's a possibility. And which area is the Chalk Zone? And guys you have to understand that these attractions have at-least 12 months of planning go into them before groundwork even begins, so this Laser Skirmish attraction is more than likely a Stephen Greggs legacy (and possibly his last legacy at Dreamworld, we can only hope). We now pretty much have a new management team at Dreamworld, now I don't know if anyone else has been recently, but I certainly noticed a difference between my visit in Feb this year to my visit in July last year. The park is much cleaner, tidier, a happier place to be, and too me seems like the park is finally starting to head in the right direction. I know a lot of you have already been turned off the park already from the past 4 years, but don't write the park off just yet. If in a year the park starts to go down the gurgler, then we have a cause for concern. But surely this new CEO can't be anywhere near as bad as Greggs. Anyway, hopefully these next 2 years at Dreamworld/ WhiteWater World are going to be interesting indeed. We can only wait and see.