Dreamworlds Direction

Definitely looks quite well done. Im impressed with the way Dreamworld has done this, and the way they have presented it on the website. With Sudden Impact involved you know the theming and design will be good, and you know the actors (im assuming) will be well trained and good at what they do. As Kieron has mentioned, the crews have been working long and hard, so fingers crossed the end result is as good as it we're hoping, and well worth the hours they have put in. Well done to dreamworld for taking a step in the right direction, and Bring on April 10th.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay... first of all Whitsy, those sort of comments such as your side note are not really acceptable on these forums. It might amuse a 13 year old, but not anyone much above that age. You will find that most of these people are actually interested in the technology and mechanics etc behind the rides as well as the management side of things. I am heading down to Dreamworld tomorrow to check out the new attraction and I will let you guys know what I think of it. From what I was told it was a bit of a rushed finish, but people have been working after hours to get it 100% running. So if you go in the next week or so you might not get the full attraction, but since it is done by Lynton V. Harris, thats a pretty good indication as to what to expect.

I've been inside and i must say, its very, very well done. The themeing and technology used is really spot on and worth seeing. The laser guns and packs are different to anything i've ever seen and this will definately be a welcome addition to the park. Also, rumour has it, the cost was $2million.

On a side note: do youse cum your pants when u see a ride rtc? if you do maybe its time youse go **** a girl or youse all not into girls ROFL
Dude, listen to yourself! This is a theme park website, so news flash, people are gonna talk about theme parks! Organisational websites aside, a good chunk of the internet is made up of websites devoted to a particular topic, be it video games, movies, football, trains, knitting, buses, fast food, urban development or whatever, and it is these places you go to talk specifically about a topic. If you don't like theme parks, then why do you come here? How can you say what anyone does when they aren't logged on here? Stop being so high and mighty. Edited by Gazza

Hi guys, I got the privilege to experience Dreamworld's new laser tag arena the other day. I have to say, it has really been done quite nicely. Its theming is not over-the-top, but it's just enough to set the theme of the attraction while not looking tacky by any means. On a side note, I had a chat to CEO Noel Dempsey and he spoke a little about some things that he has been considering for DW/WWW. I won't go into detail on what he said, but some rides may get a re-theme in the future (ToT, Log Ride) and the WWW expansion will not happen for at least two years. He also told me that the mine ride was closed because of the cost to get it back up and running. He's a really friendly guy and I can safety say that Dreamworld is in very good hands, and that the future looks to be very bright for the parks.

Edited by ash.1111

WWW expansion will not happen for at least two years.
Balls. I totally want WnW to beat them to the punch and build a Tantrum Alley and Dark Mammoth or whatever, and make them regret stalling. 3 years between new slides sucks. *Disclaimer, Me purchasing an annual pass upgrade banking on a new attraction opening later this year may or may not be contributing to this bitterness. Edited by Gazza

Hahaha.... poor Gazza. Well having only just moved up, I am yet to invest in an annual pass anywhere (although we did get the Q150). I reckon i'm going to wait around until the coming attractions are announced (well not so much announced, since we buzz about them for at least 6 months before the park officially "announces" it) and then make my annual pass commitments based on that.

and the WWW expansion will not happen for at least two years.
At least 2 years? That's terrible news if it's correct. I'm sorry but as great as the park is it is just too small meanwhile Wet 'n' Wild is adding new attractions all the time. As I have been saying they don't need to go ahead with the full expansion at once but at least add ONE new attraction. The park is in desperate need of a lazy river for example. The park has had higher than expected attendance although it should be noted attendance hardly grew at all over the last year. They are going to need to boost the attraction line up or else it is only going to go down. Not good enough! I for one won't be returning until the park adds something new. I certainly hope this doesn't mean Dreamworld is adding no new rides for 2 years either

Hey guys, just got back from Dreamworld. And I will say this right now... AVPX was very damn good. The theming is a bit ordinary on the outside, but I was told this was going to be fixed up soon. However on the inside, it is very well done. As far as the setup of the attraction goes, it is very similar to the Batman ride at Movie World. You enter into one of the three briefing rooms where you are placed into two teams. The "Humans" and the "Infected Humans" There is a bit of a Pre-Show before entering a "Ice Tunnel" To Antarctica and you then enter the arena by one of 4 doors. After both teams are in... the games begin. The arena is surprisingly roomy and the theming inside is absolutely top notch. You get around 10 minutes of Game Time and the whole experience is around 20 minutes in total. I felt very satisfied with this investment and even went through it twice. I must say kudos to Dreamworld, Lynton. V Harris and Sudden Impact Entertainment for this attraction. Not to mention it looked very permanent from the inside.

AVPX was ok, went 3 times today. Pretty standard laser quest type layout, and the guys are still learning there lines, but at least its another attraction. Kids loved it , and its better than paying $30 a go at some local laser quest. Not popular yet, so a max of 30 or so in the queue, and they take 30ish per game. It was pretty empty today. River rapid is still down, but most queues were short except for the log ride. Also went to WWW which was a relaxing afternoon if a little cold.

Hey All. I was able to go to AVPX yesterday, actually I was in the first group that went in. There were some problems with the computer systems as non of our scores were displayed when we were leaving (both times back to back) but thats ok I was expecting to have some minor issues. I thought the theming inside was very good. I feel sorry for the hosts, they have a lot more to do then to simply read out an opening line and send you off on a ride. They have to act out the scenario, talk you thru how everything is going to work, suit you up with your gun and vest, work the AV and laser systems (all of this while kids shoot lasers in their eyes) then walk you into the arena and "supervise" you. The only thing I didnt really like is that I was expecting it to be more "you verses the aliens". I was expecting Aliens to be hidden through out and having to aviod them and hunt them maybe some sort of story to follow etc. After running through the arena I then realised it was no different to your typical laser tag. There is an area up the end of the arena where there are alien eggs to shoot however this doesnt really add much to the experience. Over all it was entertaining and I will do it again for sure, however it wasnt quite what I was hoping for. We then went over to MDMC, it was deserted and we got straight on. I thought I will give TOT a go as I have been avoiding it for months due to queues, however after a 5min wait I realised it had broken down and gave up. We then headed over to seaworld and it was packed, cars were parked right over in the grass area. It was so busy we left after abour 20mins. I am getting sick and tired of these q150 passes as WVTP have been so busy lately.

Edited by V8 Sportwagon

River rapid is still down
Still? It only went down yesterday. Could be down for a few more days, potentially even a week or so from what I understand. I havent had a chance to go through AVPX yet, but ive spoken to quite a few people who have been through, and all seem to be pretty wrapped with it. Im really looking forward to seeing how it goes when its all settled in and has been operating for a few months, and all of the little teething problems have been sorted out. I too heard a figure in excess of $2mil so i highly doubt they are going to get rid of it quickly, especially if its popular with the guests. Edit: Fixed typo. Edited by Lotl_90

they take 30ish per game.
10 minutes of Game Time
180 pph, eek!
We then headed over to seaworld and it was packed, cars were parked right over in the grass area. It was so busy we left after abour 20mins. I am getting sick and tired of these q150 passes as WVTP have been so busy lately.
No, I'd say its due to it being Easter. Edited by Gazza

But there are up to 3 groups in the briefing rooms at any one time
How does that help? The game in the arena is the choke point that decides capacity. You can have as many pre shows and briefings as you want, and these will make the experience longer, but at the end of the day, each guest has to go through the arena at some point, and if you can only do 30 people every 10 minutes then that's what you calculate capacity by.

Game time is 6mins. and the overall experience is approx 10mins depending on how well behaved the people are. there are a total of six areas. as you first walk in, you a kept in a waiting area, then the three breifing rooms. followed by the ice tunnel which heads down to the pod before you enter the arena and the arena itself. a quick walkthrough for high capactity: 1. You and 21 others (22 people in total) enter and are kept in a holding area 2. You are ushered into one of the three briefing rooms (keeping in mind that the first holding area is now clear for the next group) 3. You are suited up and then led down the "ice tunnel" to the pod (with the next group moving to the next briefing room and a third group now waiting in the holding area) 4. You enter the arena for 6 mins of gameplay. (the second group now moving to the pod, the third to the third briefing room, and a fourth to the holding area) 5. Your group finishes their time, and exit out of a different tunnel that leads back to your briefing room where you then get changed. (its a lot quicker to take the vests off etc so in about 2 mins your exiting the building out of a back door. Obviusly at this point the second group is in the arena, the 3rd in the pod and as soon as you clear out, the fourth is coming into your breifing room that you just vacated and a fifth group entering the holding area. Now this is running at maximum capacity with a total time of about 10mins but with about a 3 or 4 minute overlap. so your looking at 22 people per 6 mins so approx 220 pph. my timing might be a bit off etc but thats pretty much the idea behind it

AVPX I was unaware of this website, and forums until recently when they were brought to my attention by Dreamworld. Having viewed the posts leading up to the opening of AVPX, I could sense a great deal of anticipation by Forum posters, and Dreamworld regulars. Even my company, The Sudden Impact! Entertainment Company was mentioned positively in the lead up and I must say I felt both personal pride, and a great deal of nervous energy as our team worked tirelessly to create an awesome new attraction experience for Dreamworld, and its guests. It is probably true that the harshest critics, are those who visit the park(s) regularly, and while I felt that we would more than satisfy the general attendance at Dreamworld, I was secretly hoping to inspire the most jaded visitor....that was my goal, and of course to create a kick ass laser based, interactive experience. I believe that we have succeeded and the posts since opening seem to reflect that, so to you posters, I say a big thankyou for the thumbs up! AVPX is our fifth attraction at Dreamworld, and we genuinely love coming down to the park. Please enjoy AVPX as many times as you can, but remember, we have designed the playing arena to be smarter than you....so good luck with your high scores!!!! Lynton V Harris Chairman & CEO The Sudden Impact! Entertainment Company New York*Hollywood*Sydney*London www.suddenimpactentertainment.com