Dreamworlds Direction

Well I am sorry if I offended you in anyway, but personally I don't think i'm talking negative, i'm talking the truth. Look at Eureka Mountain it's nearly been 3 years since it became SBNO all they've done is removed the ques and boarded it up, God at least paint a sign on the boards saying something like "OLD GOLD MINE DO NOT ENTER DANGEROUS" to at least put some sort of themeing in the area, not put a stupid basketball game. Oh don't forget the chair lift 4 years guess whats still standing the station buildings and poles that held the rides up. Sorry about the rant but i'm sick of this park still calling it's self "Australia's Favourite Park" . I work at WWW not DW never been negative about my workplace.
i do believe you called WWW bare in one of your previous posts. And, as the chairlift stations and poles don't get in the way of anything current, why bother spending all of the money to remove it? The station in Gold Rush Country adds to the theming i think with the big wheels etc, but each to their own and i'm not going to tell you your wrong. It sounds like you thoroughly dislike dreamworld yet you essentially work for the same company as them. I'm not having a go at you, I'm just genuinely curious as to how you work for the same company as a business that you dislike so much...

Well I am sorry if I offended you in anyway, but personally I don't think i'm talking negative, i'm talking the truth. Look at Eureka Mountain it's nearly been 3 years since it became SBNO all they've done is removed the ques and boarded it up, God at least paint a sign on the boards saying something like "OLD GOLD MINE DO NOT ENTER DANGEROUS" to at least put some sort of themeing in the area, not put a stupid basketball game. Oh don't forget the chair lift 4 years guess whats still standing the station buildings and poles that held the rides up. Sorry about the rant but i'm sick of this park still calling it's self "Australia's Favourite Park" . I work at WWW not DW never been negative about my workplace.
on saturday the basketball games had been removed from the old eureka entry. hopefully never to return. (i swear that old pool was still an old pool a few months ago)

And, as the chairlift stations and poles don't get in the way of anything current, why bother spending all of the money to remove it?
Because it sets up disappointment in guests if they can see attractions but not ride them. It also tends to be the case that old attractions are left to rot (No motivation to paint them etc), so the things left lingering around the park turn into eyesores.
The station in Gold Rush Country adds to the theming i think with the big wheels etc
But it's still clearly a chairlift drive motor (To anybody), it takes a bit of imagination to view it as anything else to what it is. If I was walking around the park, I'd be thinking to myself "Oh, that's where the chairlift used to be", not "Oh, what a cool piece of theming". Edited by Gazza

They do support lights, but really, if that's the excuse for keeping them there. The lights aren't of that real significance though, it's not like they are the lights which light up the Tower at night. Maybe if dreamworld was open at night more often, maybe they could hide their short-comings under the cloak of darkness. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

I am not sure if this is the correct thread to put this in, but it is semi related. For those who don't follow the Dreamworld page on Facebook, a question was recently posted on the page from a follower regarding Eureka Mine Ride. It took the PR team a couple of days to respond, and since the general attitude of the park lately seems to be "look the other way, no one will notice" I was suprised when I saw this in my inbox. "After talking to our engineering team about the reason behind its closure it closure basically came down to new ride technology, upgraded safety regulations and responding to what the public wanted. Like the old Thunderbolt Rollercoaster, the mine ride served us well for 25 years and was “retired” to make way for newer computerised attractions like The Claw, The Motorcoaster and AVPX." Here's what I don't understand though, how can they say they closed it to make way for new technologically advanced attractions when the ride is SBNO? It's a bit hard to say that if the ride really hasn't made way for anything (with maybe an exception when it comes to funding for maintenance, staffing allowances and whatnot). Secondly they say that they responded to what the public wanted. Yet to be seen unless the public asked for the ride to be closed down, and sit dormant for years (highly unlikely). Everytime I remember going to Dreamworld, this ride had a line which most of the time spilled out of the queue house. Sure it was Madmouse operations, but it always had a line. And last but not least, they say the ride had serviced the park for 25 years, but didn't the ride only open in 1988? Even if it was open today, it wouldn't be at 25 years of service. Sure it was an old ride (19 years old at the time of closure in 2007) but the ride was also a decent ride, and I certainly wouldn't be objecting if the ride had closed to make way for a bigger better ride, but that hasn't happened, and considering the parks recent history is unlikely to happen anytime soon. Anyway, I just thought I'd share my thoughts with everyone, and I apologise for it not being in the specific eureka threads, but this is the most active, and it is somewhat related.

I'm with the updated safety regulations in regards to eureka, more so than what the public wanted. Sure the public wants new rides, but not if it is going to have to be a sacrifice every time. But yeah, it was old, and I'm sure there were some changes to safety legislation, that when the ride was built, manufacturers couldn't have planned for. They have actors in AVPX every now and then for events, but from what I hear the suit isn't incredibly light or comfortable, so I don't blame the staff or management for not having it in use all the time.

^ What happened?
not really sure but it looked like he was trying to steal clothes from one of the shops 8734_1157277166183_1055343784_30457.jpg one of the guards on the right hand side is holding a bunch of clothes the guy dropped. was quite funny watching the guy get airborne when he was tackled then watching security kneel on his neck/face Edited by reanimated35

Was this at a Screamworld event or something? Are these events still busy/popular? I have heard they are also planning to hold lots more Night WhiteWater World events this year which should be good
yea was Screamworld. was busy enough this time that they were using q4u, and the queues stopped letting people in around qtr past/20 past 9. (rides off at 10)

yea was Screamworld. was busy enough this time that they were using q4u, and the queues stopped letting people in around qtr past/20 past 9. (rides off at 10)
Must have been stopped booking on Q4U as I was in the giant drop line and people were still entering it at 9:30pm, did have Wipeout ready on Q4U but missed out by a couple of minutes.

• 3 months later...
Dreamworld has had that segway for quite some time. Might even be more than one. Very seldom used though. It's currently being used by entertainment staff to promote MTV in park.
if i remember right, in the last series of big brother, one task required the use of a few segways. Maybe dreamworld acquired ownership?

• 4 weeks later...