Motocoaster Problems

SuperYoshi

Yesterday i went to DW. I went on the motocoaster 2 times, and both times when we would get up to the gate ready to board, it would brake down <_< > . Luckly they fixed it. Well the first time they had to remove a train and put it in the bay. So it was cool to see that. :lol: The second time we had to wait for a maitence guy to press a button :huh: . These errors both happened at the unloading station....it was like it wouldnt launch ... anyone have a idea what the problem is? BTW i hate this Q4U gadget!

Yesterday i went to DW. I went on the motocoaster 2 times, and both times when we would get up to the gate ready to board, it would brake down <_< > . Luckly they fixed it. Well the first time they had to remove a train and put it in the bay. So it was cool to see that. :lol: The second time we had to wait for a maitence guy to press a button :huh: . These errors both happened at the unloading station....it was like it wouldnt launch ... anyone have a idea what the problem is? BTW i hate this Q4U gadget!
They have been having a lot of trouble with one of the trains, hence it was off for so long leading up to christmas, they were working on fixing it, however when it started to get really busy, they rushed the repair just to get the train back on the track. Seems to be causing more problems than its worth. Runs ok early in the morning, then by lunch time they are having to take the second train off because its jamming up the sensors on the brake run, wont allow the train at dispatch to leave the station because the second train hasnt made it off the track into the unload, but it wont move. Its bizarre. If it was requiring a maintenance guy to 'press a button' it was probably something silly like the rear station gates didnt close properly, and required a reset to allow the harnesses up. And as for hating Q4U, you are in a mega minority. The positive response has been overwhelming. When people realise its not queue jumping, it makes a huge difference.

They have been having a lot of trouble with one of the trains, hence it was off for so long leading up to christmas, they were working on fixing it, however when it started to get really busy, they rushed the repair just to get the train back on the track. Seems to be causing more problems than its worth. Runs ok early in the morning, then by lunch time they are having to take the second train off because its jamming up the sensors on the brake run, wont allow the train at dispatch to leave the station because the second train hasnt made it off the track into the unload, but it wont move. Its bizarre.
that's pretty damn retarded

• 4 months later...

I am just waiting for the day it valley's.... Anyways last week when I went, I reserved it on Q4U and was standing at the gate to get on (on the platform, not before they let you in) The operator pushed the dispatch button from unload, and the train didn't move. Took around 25 minutes to get the ride going again. The people waiting on the loading platform and riders were all given a free drink voucher, also this was with only one train. I think the Intamin's of 2007 are BOTH lemon's... SurfRider and Motocoaster...

I am just waiting for the day it valley's....
i swear the launch must have only been 50-something. we seemed to be the only ones on the ride who had been on it before as everyone else said it was great but as soon as we launched, we sat up and went "somethings wrong". didnt even need to hold on (not that you really do normally though)

I rode it on Monday and it was making some strange noises...sounded like a wheel was loose and wobbling. I didnt think it reached any where near top speed also. We also had difficulty getting our harness to lock and there were a few bikes not in use.
there was an odd rattling sound at the back of it (on the bikes just before the sidecars) not sure if thats normal though but something did sound loose.

there was an odd rattling sound at the back of it (on the bikes just before the sidecars) not sure if thats normal though but something did sound loose.
That rattle's been around for a while now, it is indeed originating from the Sidecars I believe. Whilst Motocoaster isn't a terrible ride, it aint a great ride. The restraint systems suck (and are very temperamental). Lets face it, it's a good ride for one or 2 rides, then after that it becomes a chore. I certainly rate even Cyclone over it. Personally, I wish motocoaster never happened, and that the cars (and river-town) remained untouched. But we can't keep living in the past. Lets look to the future. Lets hope we see a new actual coaster pop along soon so motocoaster ain't "The newest thing" in the park.

Getting back to the sound I heard I think it may be different to the "rattle". The sound I heard was more ...of a WOB WOB WOB ..knocking sound :blink: ...and it changed frequency with the speed. Thats why I thought it was a wheel or something like that as that would possibly wobble more as it goes faster I think. It was quite loud and we were in the third row and I felt it was coming from either in front or just below us. I also remember hearing it from a distance as we were walking towards TOT on the path behind it coming back from the Dingo exhibit. I also heard the rattle but that was definately more of a higher pitched metal type rattle.

Edited by V8 Sportwagon