What Luna Park Sydney Needs

Jaggie

We all know that Luna Park Sydney is opening in March. though one thing we dont know for sure is what market they are going to attack? If they were to go and attack Wonderland's market at it's present state, they would have to go in with a 10 foot pole. And the reason for this- Because they have no major rides that pull people into theme/ amusement parks. What rides do you think Luna Park Sydney should invest in over the next few years to be a threat to Wonderland and be realistic, because you all know what those neighbours of the park are like.

The problem with Luna Park is its location. They had a decent coaster (Now cyclone) but too many local residents complained about the noise (idiots they decided to live next to the theme park thats been there longer than they've been alive.) So Luna Park cant really compete with wonderland even if the competition is slack as when it comes to new attractions

get rid of the crappy coney island and turn that into an indoor coaster like the scooby doo spooky coaster, also add in a space probe ride, very thrilling less space and fun! luna park isnt aiming to beat wonderland, they know they can't and luna park is heritage, its been there for ages, its reawlly there like a museum. and they cant close down becasue of the ghost train memorial.

Yeah I agree with nightshifters post above. Definitely put in a drop tower - imagine the view from the top of one of those things, it would be awesome. You'd have to place it near the water so that it was away from the residents and facing the harbour. Take out the crappy, crappy old carnival rides (I mean seriously, what 'new' park would open with an old Tango ride?). I really don't like the Ranger either. And yes, it's true that the 1995 plans were to include the Rainbow (they even designed the facade and backdrop on site with rainbows) but for some reason they went with the Ranger instead... maybe this was the only ride available at the time. I think they should add in a couple of really awesome flat rides like Huss Giant Frisbee and Delerium. Seriously, if they did do this the park would most definitely compete with Wonderland even though it's so much smaller. Brand new state of the art rides versus out of date 18 year old (and in some cases even older) rides? No competition. Obviously this isn't going to happen though... the new Luna Park are keeping their wallets shut when it comes to their rides

i was really referring to the coney island building, its massive and boring, who needs a massive building with a few mirrors and replicars of the same slides inside and a few moving floors. i agree with you go boi, but what i do disagree is the tango and the ranger, they are classics, i love the tango its a very long ride and it goes forwards and backwards and it make me laugh becasue its hard to get away from the person on the outer edge becasue of the force. the ranger provides some thrill with at least going upside down, i dont like the rainbow for the fact that it provides really no entertainment to me IMO.

I don't know why you say luna park isn't luna park without those rides. The majority of them were only brought in when the park re-opened in 1995. It wasn't even open for very long at all. They basically just renamed the rides with names from the old classic rides which used to live at the park for the many years before the ghost train fire. None of them are truly original or classic besides maybe the rotor and the wild mouse

Im soo glad Luna Park didn't get Rainbow, it is good to see that it is still travelling, the royal shows arent complete without it, thats why 2003 was soo crap, except for the easter show, where o'neills ran it, and its still a great ride, I know that some people don't like it, cos they are more into the upside down etc etc......... but rainbow is great fun, still proves that it's popular after 14 years being in Australia! we love it!!! and also 'GoBoi' how did you find out that they designed a facade for the rainbow, are there pics?? also, one thinG THANK GOD LUNA PARK DIDNT GET IT :P

also the reason the Huss rides were there was all because of wittingslow, if they hadnt invested in the park, none of them would have gone in, and most of them would still be travelling, even though wittingslows choice to invest in the park was a bad decision, look where they are now, hardly operating, but still trying to get back on their feet, also MAD MOUSE, that crashed at the Melb Show, will be operating at our Rye Beach carnival, no word on what other rides yet, but ill be taking video and pictures of what is there.............. but in a way its good that these huss rides are still here in oz, where they belong, we are very lucky to have this amount of huss rides operating, in this day and age, places like in germany, have 1 rainbow, most people are upset cos there arent as many as there used to be, but we are very lucky to still have it, and now with o'neills owning it, they aren't gonna let it go, to china or sum other place

HussRainbow - I have a book called 'Luna Park Just for Fun' by Sam Marshall. It shows the concept designs and actual plastic model of the 1995 Luna Park before it was built. The Rainbow is featured in both the illustration and in the plastic model (it is just a simplified model). In the designs it is placed where the Ranger ended up standing. Also, I visited Luna Park in 1995. I noticed that behind the Ranger was a large backdrop/facade which had a rainbow (and some clouds?) painted on it. This was obviously meant for the Rainbow but they must have just left it when they decided to go with the Ranger. I would say that it was therefore a last minute decision. By the way I think the Rainbow would have suited Luna Park really well as you would get some great views facing the harbour. You don't really see anything in the Ranger!

Actually it wasnt a last minute thing, my mate Dave (ride extravaganza) told me, and he found out, that Wittingslow always planned to give LPSYD the Ranger, I guess LP hadn't found out yet that they werent getting Rainbow. The Reason why Wittingslow gave them Ranger was because, Rainbow was more appealing to crowds, it appealed to a more wider range of ages, unlike Ranger which wasnt as popular because it went upside down, speed, and general height of the ride, so in the beginning wittingslow must have thought that Ranger would be better, but it turned out that Rainbow was more popular. Still this doesnt really matter, because both rides are still operating to this day, you guys in Sydney get to see Ranger, well in March lol, and most of Aus gets to see Rainbow, except for WA, because of melbshow/perthshow, but it might go next year if o'neills bring rainbow here,and then go to perth cos our shows dont overlap each other next year

Actually it wasnt a last minute thing, my mate Dave (ride extravaganza) told me, and he found out, that Wittingslow always planned to give LPSYD the Ranger, I guess LP hadn't found out yet that they werent getting Rainbow. The Reason why Wittingslow gave them Ranger was because, Rainbow was more appealing to crowds, it appealed to a more wider range of ages, unlike Ranger which wasnt as popular because it went upside down, speed, and general height of the ride, so in the beginning wittingslow must have thought that Ranger would be better, but it turned out that Rainbow was more popular. Still this doesnt really matter, because both rides are still operating to this day, you guys in Sydney get to see Ranger, well in March lol, and most of Aus gets to see Rainbow, except for WA, because of melbshow/perthshow, but it might go next year if o'neills bring rainbow here,and then go to perth cos our shows dont overlap each other next year CHRIS p.s the backdrop on the Ranger is Horrible, it must have been for rainbow, even though its very ugly, the one that Rainbow has now, is fantastic, really goes with it