Why is everyone hating dreamworld?

In relation to the Favourite theme park 2009 poll, i noticed many people having dreamworld very low on their lists as their favourite theme parks. although this is just my opinion, i wouldnt rate seaworld anywhere in the top 5. The lack of rides and the quality of them, disappoint me. although i havent been on the new "Jet rescue" rollercoaster, i cant see seaworld beating dreamworld. U cant tell me, that the pirate ship or the extremly bad flume ride at seaworld, is better than the claw or tower of terror? This is only 1 persons opinion, and by the look of that thread, i am in a minority. So can i ask you all, what have u got against dreamworld, to be put lower than seaworld?

In relation to the Favourite theme park 2009 poll, i noticed many people having dreamworld very low on their lists as their favourite theme parks. although this is just my opinion, i wouldnt rate seaworld anywhere in the top 5. The lack of rides and the quality of them, disappoint me. although i havent been on the new "Jet rescue" rollercoaster, i cant see seaworld beating dreamworld. U cant tell me, that the pirate ship or the extremly bad flume ride at seaworld, is better than the claw or tower of terror? This is only 1 persons opinion, and by the look of that thread, i am in a minority. So can i ask you all, what have u got against dreamworld, to be put lower than seaworld?
You have to consider families with Sea World. What do you think a mother is going to consider with a 5 year old daughter? When the little girl wants to see the dolphins? Dreamworld of course ;) When you vote on that poll you have to take certain things into consideration: maintenance, looks, thrills, facilities, staff , theming etc. Everything has to become a factor. Not just rides. Think about it... isnt Cyclone the smoothest compared to superman! :P I mean look at the maintenance they do at Dreamworld ... I would rate it 10/10 :)' So Sea world is mostly a family park, but I Still think its a better day out then Dreamworld. I mean look at the motocoaster, from what Ive heard Jet Rescue is way better and so are the queues :P Movie_World Edited by Movie_World

It's not all about the rides. The shows that SeaWorld has Imagine, The Seal Show, Seaseme Bach, Ski Show. The exhibts and the upkeep to keep them looking top notch Polar Bear Shore, Shark Bay, Penguin Point, Ray Reef The Aquariam, (I will say i already the duegon discovery and I hope the seals return soon). The prices of things such as food and souvieners. (All WVTP although food is expensive at a theme park its nothing compared to Dreamworld's price's which I find just plain rude, if I didn't have a pass I'd take my own lunch it's that much The Children's Area (Which has been kept in good condition, unlike Nick Central) The buildings, they havn't been painted bright colours that at first hurt your eyes and dont suit the theme then quickly fade to ugly eyesores. The staff, yes not all WVTP staff are perfect, that's hard to come across believe me, but they seem to be that just more friendly and efficent especially on rides. The rides, while not as thrilling as DW's yes, but it is a family park and I can have as just as much fun on them as DW, its a different type of fun. Not only that themeing is also done well, just look at Bermuda Triangle and Jet Rescue, yes not as much as some people want, but it is much better than MDMC as I'm sure as most people would agree. They also add rides that very enjoyable, unlike DW's last ride. But they are also maintained to a high standard, look at how long Corkscrew has been in operation, it still hasn't missed a beat apart from unexpected things, such as the incident over christmas. But that's life, look at Jet Rescue something unexpected, nothing to do SW. Corksrcew is still very smooth and still much more enjoyable than DW's coaster Cyclone. I could write even more examples as long as my arm as to why SW is far superior to DW as I'm sure other member could. The simple answer is at the end of the day at when I leave SW I feel I have had a far better and more enjoyable day, like I got more for my money. Unlike how i feel when I leave DW. But hey you have your opinion and I have mine, as would other people here. But I just feel SW is better than DW and that's why!!!

It's not all about the rides. The shows that SeaWorld has Imagine, The Seal Show, Seaseme Bach, Ski Show. The exhibts ..............But I just feel SW is better than DW and that's why
Well said!
Not only that themeing is also done well, just look at Bermuda Triangle and Jet Rescue, yes not as much as some people want, but it is much better than MDMC as I'm sure as most people would agree.
What do you mean? The MDMC has great theming! :lol: Edited by Movie_World

Uh... I wouldn't say that the food at Dreamworld is more expensive than WVTP's without knowing for certain. For example, 2 similar food packs from 2 competing parks. SNACK ATTACK (Dreamworld): $10.50 Regular Chips 2 Chicken Tender Strips 450ml Coke Pineapple Fritter Meal Upgrade + $1.50 ----------- WVTP: $11.50 Regular Chips 2 Drumsticks 450ml Coke Meal Upgrade: $2.00 or $1.50 Also note that WVTP sells there Churro's at $3.00 each, and Dreamworld's are $3.70 but DOUBLE the size of the Warner Village Equivalent. So which is cheaper now? Not to mention the last several times i've ate from a WVTP food outlet the food has been that bad that I even took it back. Except for the people at Kahuna's at Wet'n'Wild, they deserve a medal for there food! However the last several times I've ate at Dreamworld, the food has always been hot, crisp and full of flavor.

Dreamworld's Churros are tough as sh*t. WetnWild's seem to taste much nicer. (They're probably made by the same people though, just my observations) After spending a day at Movie World and a day at WetnWild I think it's safe to say Dreamworld just ain't what it used to be.

I cannot believe this thread. When was the last time you went to a theme park and rather than looking for something to pick about and write up here to bring down a theme park, you went and just enjoyed the day and not leave thinking about how crap the day was? I posted a thread recently when I went to Movieworld and although i still wrote about some things that were kinda annoying, i still enjoyed myself anyway. Where else can you hang out with a group of friends and have an escape for the day? And i agree with JD, almost everyone on this site is anti Dreamworld. Now, i don't care if you work at a WVTP, good for you, I'm jealous of the stunt drivers and dolphin trainers. What i mean is, you work at a theme park, which is competition to Dreamworld, so there is going to be banter between staff, but can you seriously say that your day is going to be ruined because there isn't enough themeing at a ride or the food's expensive? If thats what ruins someone's day at a theme park these days then the world is in dire straits. I havent heard of any interstate or international guests that have said that their day was ruined because of food prices and themeing. The just come to the parks to have an escape from reality for 8 hours. I think that what we need to do is that, rather than saying how crap everything is, to look at positives at the parks. Because i know that to me, a theme park is a fun place to go for a day. I'm not ripping on the other three parks, and saying DW is superior to all other parks, i'm just saying that rather than saying that WVTP is superior and DW is bottom of the barrel, we give all theme parks a level playing field. So i think that rather than all of those people saying crap things about DW, you should say something good about another park. I'm sick of seeing one thing written about DW saying it sh*thouse and there's a huge thread about it yet the same problem occurs at a WVTP and it isnt talked about or theres a list of excuses that says why it isnt such a problem yet it is incredibly similair to a DW problem. So rather than making excuses, suck it up and take it, or expect the same thing that yuou give to DW in future. So all up, i think that if you hate DW solely because you work at another theme park, then i say give it a chance. When i go to Movieworld i enjoy the fact that the place is different. So i say, stop holding grudges and get over it. -kieron

to look at positives at the parks. Because i know that to me, a theme park is a fun place to go for a day.
The thread is "Why is everyone hating dreamworld?”. So therefore, because he is asking what we dislike about it, we shall talk about the positives? ;) Edited by Movie_World

Kieron, I have to admit that when I went to the gold coast to go to all four theme parks I enjoyed dreamworld the most. That was in 2004.

I voted wet n wild because I think it’s the strongest park. I think most people are satisfied when they come out and there is probably not much to complain about, (sorry if im not making much sense) Its hard to say all these things for old dreamworld :P
Comments like these, which I have made, have been purely on views and updates and stories of dreamworld from other people on this site, which I think, are abit more knowledgeable than my 13-year-old self. Plus people that live around the gold coast or in it might see daily mishaps from dreamworld and I have only been there once. So in conclusion, I agree with kerian abit, and agree with the rest of you. I know that some things about dreamworld are crap but maybe look at the positives
The thread is "Why is everyone hating dreamworld?”. So therefore, because he is asking what we dislike about it, we shall talk about the positives?
Maybe talk about positives in another topic :) WonderCam Edited by wondercam

Also Kieron, This is in relation to the "Fav Theme Park 2009". Like I said in my first post on this thread:

When you vote on that poll you have to take certain things into consideration: maintenance, looks, thrills, facilities, staff , theming etc. Everything has to become a factor. Not just rides. Think about it... isnt Cyclone the smoothest compared to superman!
He is asking us why we hate dreamworld in that poll. Last time I looked it only had 1 vote. Edited by Movie_World

Don't shoot me, but to continue the topic of the thread, I am going to say that I also enjoy Dreamworld as a whole as opposed to Sea World or Movie World (the water-parks aren't included). Whilst I enjoy Sea World (once every 7 years, it's not worth visiting any more) and Movie World, I walk out of Sea World at the end of the day feeling unsatisfied, and feel like the price I have paid for entry is not worth it, and yes that is after seeing all the shows and riding as much as I could. For me personally, the only ride seriously worth anything is the Bermuda Triangle. The corkscrew is a too short of a ride, and the queue line always seems to be of a longer length than desired. With Warner Bros, yes I enjoy the parks rides (Superman, Batman Adventure, Scooby Doo, Looney Tunes River Ride, Shrek 4D, Wild West Falls), but there are many rides which I don't enjoy, such as Lethal Weapon (how can this ride be smoother and less painful than the Cyclone?) and Batwing Spaceshot are rides I can defiantly do without, as opposed to Dreamworld where every ride I enjoy. And don't forget that Warner Bros has it's fair share of problems to, outdated scenery on rides, major dead spots in the park (Wild West area), some of the Queue lines are terrible (Lethal Weapon, Scooby Doo is in a terrible condition at the moment), and some of the wait times in peak periods are also terrible (40 minutes for one shot on Batwing, your kidding me right?, 60 minute waits for Scooby Doo? Negatives aside, yes it is a good park with plenty of good things about it, there are also plenty of negatives which have all stemmed from budget cutbacks from upper management (Park Hour adjustments, Theming cutbacks on new attractions, the adjustment in Toilet Paper used in the Restroom (who's bloody idea was that? :D ) Continuing on, yes Dreamworld has problems, and with the new management team now in force, lets hope some things are sorted out (but don't expect that to happen for some time, it takes time for things to happen). Yes the Claw needs a coat of paint, yes the Cyclone needs help to increase capacity, yes something needs to happen to the Golrush/ Rocky hollow/ Giant Drop area's of the park. Managment would have to be literally blind to not notice the problems, they are there atleast 5 days a week, in turn one of us goes atleast once a month if we are lucky, they would be aware of the problems, but knowing the problems and fixing them is another story. Oh and just because a ride needs a coat of paint, doesn't mean that parks maintenance schedule is not very good. Maintenance ensures the mechanical parts of the rides/ attractions are functioning correctly, and if not to ensure they are replaced/ are working properly to ensure the attraction is safe for operation. When was the last time some faded paint was considered unsafe? There's a lot of things which happen in our parks which a lot of our younger members (who in turn are the ones who complain about this and that) have no idea how they work. Just because your an enthusiast doesn't mean you know everything about that said topic. Anyway, the next couple of years at Dreamworld are going to be very interesting indeed. Lets hope that the customer service from the staff doesn't go down the gurgler like from what I have experienced at Warner Bros.

It changes from season-to-season. I've noticed WVTP and Dreamworld both being consistently quite good on my visits there with no big complaints. Some holiday periods have seen one slightly better than the other but not majorly so. We have what we have. I'm only turned off from visiting DW because of a lack of any recent additions that hold any interest for me. Motocoaster is fun only for the first half so good for only an occasional joy; still haven't done Flowrider and I'd like to try it sometime but it's not a major drawcard. The V8 simulator...well, I'm not crazy about track racing and the driving games I play are sandbox ones like Midnight Club Los Angeles. As much as I enjoy the Giant Drop, Claw and Wipeout, I've done them many times before. Let's look at MW then. Yeah, I've done everything there except the new Dodgems (and of course the new kiddie rides) but they're more fleshed out experiences. Superman Escape is pretty but never gets old. Same with everything. And yeah, I don't feel the need to do the spaceshot everytime and the wait for that and Scooby is ridiculous. But if I had the choice between MW and DW, I'd go for the former because the park still attends to the small details more than DW. I never use theme park toilets anyway as I don't eat or drink overly so can't comment on the toilet paper but that IS slack but I just feel I've always received a better experience from a Village day than a MLT one. It's like having a steak in an expensive restaurant or one at Hogs Breath; both meals might sustain your hunger but not in the same league... Everywhere is in a state of flux because of the economy and if I was someone paying for each visit rather than an annual pass, I would still go for MW anyday. I don't HATE DW, but it's lost its classic charm and becoming less of a theme park with every upcharge addition. I anticipate things turning around and I still appreciate the good things it has but the way things are at the moment, I think it's very natural people favour MW. Oh and we have a right to talk about the negatives in this thread because it's a discussion forum & people can cover the topic as they like.

Edited by Gold Coaster

The corkscrew is a too short of a ride, and the queue line always seems to be of a longer length than desired.
Corkscrew gets queues? When did this happen?
some of the Queue lines are terrible (Lethal Weapon, Scooby Doo is in a terrible condition at the moment)
In what way? Seems about the same as ever to me....I don't recall anything being broken, and the fountain was going...Am I missing something? Edited by Gazza

In what way? Seems about the same as ever to me....I don't recall anything being broken, and the fountain was going...Am I missing something?
Yeah I am interested to know to, I like the queue for Scooby though sometimes it is long but in themeing aspects it is fantastic and whats wrong with the Lethal Weapon queue? :blink:

And i agree with JD, almost everyone on this site is anti Dreamworld.
You are missing the point completely. People wouldn't just dislike DW for no reason, after all, everyone here is interested in theme parks so what would people have to gain by avoiding DW for the sake of it?
but can you seriously say that your day is going to be ruined because there isn't enough themeing at a ride or the food's expensive? If thats what ruins someone's day at a theme park these days then the world is in dire straits.
I don't think many people would take that narrow of a view point, yeah, bad food is a thing on the side people might whinge about, but it's not going to make or break a park. I have been to my fair share of theme parks both here and overseas (And plenty of others on this forum have done so too), and over time you tend to develop your own tastes in terms of what makes a good park. I have said this a few times in the past, but if DW go out and build something impressive then I wouldn't hesitate to visit quickly....If it was really impressive then I wouldn't hesitate to get an annual pass and experience it again and again. But at the present time this is DWs main failing for me personally.
So all up, i think that if you hate DW solely because you work at another theme park, then i say give it a chance.
Who has even suggested this? Edited by Gazza

The staff, yes not all WVTP staff are perfect, that's hard to come across believe me, but they seem to be that just more friendly and efficent especially on rides.
Except for the people at Kahuna's at Wet'n'Wild, they deserve a medal for there food!
Why Thank you, Thank you very much. :D Please direct all medals to the Food and Beverage Department @ Movieworld. Will there be a presentation ceremony???