Movieworld trip yesterday

kieron5379

Went to Movieworld yesterday for some fun and mainly to see the new stunt show. The first thing i noticed was that mw has a board with approximate queue times. Immediately i decide to desregard these times when i saw a kid moving the magnets to 45mins+ for the batman simulator too and 10mins for the superman ride. We headed over to Wild West Falls, which had a fairly shot queue line. The ride was fine albeit a bit rough bit that can come to be expected with age. When coming into the end of the ride however we ran into the boat in front that was stopped entering the station. We proceeded to sit in the sun for a further 5mins without being told what was happening with the ride and how long we were going to be sitting there. A bit disappointing considering that the unload operator was standing leaning on a pole not 2 metres away. After leaving the ride somewhat hot and sweaty rather than cool and wet we headed over to superman which was good as usual except for the 5mins waiting on the ride while the ride operator decided to flirt with a rider. After superman, we headed over to the new stunt show where i sat down with my $10 worth of cold popcorn and hot coke to watch a show that i cannot fault technically with great driving and effects however i left feeling like it lacked humour and character, did not compare in anyway to Police Academy and was a 20min show of showing off driving skill with some fireworks. We headed to Scooby-doo and waited in a queue line that it always confusing to me seeing as its 6metres wide and someone can always just slip up the side, however the ride was okay and the staff were moving the queue line quite well. From there we moved over to the Shrek 4D and after lining up for 15min we got to the fron to be told that they were out of glasses. (Maybe the staff should've counted the number of glasses left and told the queue line earlier who was going to be the last one in?). So we had some food and went back for the next show which was fine and then headed over to Batwing Spaceshot which we found to have an incredibly slow load and unload time. I don't know if it was just the ride operators for the day or if thats just the way it is but it was frustrating to wait 20mins from almost the front after waiting 45mins to get to that point. After that ride we decided we had time for one more so we headed to lethal weapon at 4.25pm where we found a one ride long queue line. We didnt end up riding until 5.05pm becuase of such a slow load and unload by the staff, and i know its possible to move a ride in and out on that ride with one train a lot quicker than that because they;ve done it on the haloween night. All in all, the rides were good except for some incidents that have made me think about how much better it could've been if we weren't stopped and had to wait long times for the rides to load and unload. Once again, the stunt show was good but needs work.

Sounds like 1 Train Operations have allready kicked in. Considering it is VERY much peak season still, I don't really see why this is happening unless it is a technical Issue like what has been happening on the MotoCrapper. 45+ Min waits for Batwing aren't unusual either in peak season, and in my opinion it is NOT worth waiting that long. Was Superman Escape running 2 trains or not? Sounds like you had an alright day out though. However I'm not in any rush to go and See Hollywood StuntDriver after hearing all the mixed comments.

as far as i could see superman was running 2 trains. but everything else seemed to be runnung on outside peak settings. batwing is definately not worth waiting over 45mins for. I agree that the stunt show is great technically, with good driving and fireworks however after seeing 4 cars drifting for 10mins, the next 10mins of the same thing left me wanting more from it. for example, the police academy stunt show had physical stunts as well as motorbikes, explosions and slapstick humour. So that's my opinion: its good but can be improved 10-fold. i understand that its new but still should something that makes me really want to go and see it but at the moment i feel that if i was there i'd see it but wouldnt be absolutely dying to see it again.

That is the exact reason why i'm not super excited to go see it. A truely good show should have a Storyline, Humor and be different. Police Academy had all of those elements to it, whereas Hollywood StuntDriver doesn't from what I've heard. I really do hope that WVTP do improve on the show in the coming years to try and make it live up to what Police Academy was.

Its interesting to see more and more negative posts about the parks recently. What seems to be bad is that everyone appears to be pointing out things that seem obvious to fix and yet it seems like everything is deteriorating instead of getting better. It just seems to me like from what Im reading that patrons are noticing that standards are really going down hill everywhere in our theme parks, which is very sad to see. I hope that people from the theme parks read the comments on this site and get the motivation from them to step things up a notch.