Wonderland Revisited (for daniel that is)

Jaggie

Yeah yeah, before ya's start, no I didn't pay to get in! Jumped the boundary fence of the M4 if you must know :twisted: I was going to wear a Groucho mask, but I didn't think that was inconspicuous enough. Nah, I love that hat. I won't go into my complaints either. Saw some nasty stuff going on around the joint. Makes me wanna scream I tells ya. Anyhoos, Demon got stuck on lift 2 on Saturday night. Guests were there for 45 minutes. Ride had to be switched to manual operation to get them down. It appears a piece of coat hanger wire burnt out in the control room and the dog chain couldn't drop to release the train. Bugger... It obviously wasn't a concern to get it up for Wonderland yesterday, because I didn't see anyone there all day. The only ride I wanted to go on too :P

hey guys don't be shy... forums are for sharing... bring on the complaints! i'm interested to hear what was wrong with the park on sunday. i'm starting to think that certain management cast their eyes over these forums from time to time so it's good for them to read about what is upsetting their guests. have there been any updates? how are the new 'interactive photo spots' and construction on the action arena going?

It seems that Demon is getting stuck on lift 2 most of the time on Saturday nights. I've only been to Saturday Session twice, but on both visits the ride broke down. I wasn't at the park on Sunday (was having more fun water-skiing instead), but I think the new interactive photo sopts haven't appeared as yet, but will on Boxing Day (as with the face painting, marvel parade etc.. I can't wait!). ~Liam

It's not just happening at night you flaming galah. It's not prejudice when it wants to poop itself. Boofhead. Coat hanger wire can burn out at any time... :twisted: Muhahahahahahaha They don't care what's said on here GoBoi. Yes they sure do read it, but like they take any notice. I probably wouldn't either for that matter... Seeing as though I scaled the perimeter fence yesterday to break in, was there signage up out the front of the park for the closure of Demon and Taz? (I actually didn't take any notice...) It didn't stand out nevertheless, therefore it wasn't good enough if there was something. By me, there were 15 attractions operating yesterday, including the trackless train. Demon is always getting stuck on lift 2, pump 4 at Snowy is constantly tripping, Bush Beast continually parks itself on the lift, Taz isn't there, Autos is running just 3 cars, the Train's brakes decide to fail, Planes is still making the same noise it did 12 months ago (the bearings need replacing) and guide rails rip off Probe requiring emergency stops. However they'll be the first to blame the poor old maintenance staff and operators when something goes wrong. I should say they do blame them! Operators are the scape goat for the cost cutting. That's what pis*es me off about that place at the moment GoBoi. Ohh goody, the parade is ringing my bell already... Fire those quad bikes up... That should be exciting. ;)

I was there last Monday and was very disappointed with the park. They did have signs up to say that Taz was closed and something else (can't remember at the moment) ... The Demon was working but took over an hour to get on ... the loading and unloading was extremely slow ... there where a lot of school kids there on that day as well so that would explain for some of the wait. The planes broke down twice because they overheated .... normally I wouldn't care but I had my sister and her 3 girls with me from up north and they had never been to Wonderland before. One of my neices is 3 and really wanted to go on the planes. Didn't get a chance to go on the SP as it would have taken forever to get on that. At one stage there were 5 operators on the Great Balloon Race ... somehow I don't think it needs that many. They only ride I did enjoy that day was Snowy River and got absolutely soaked. Wouldn't have gotten any wetter if I had jumped in the river myself :) Just on the Demon and it's braking down on the second hill ... I remember when it first opened at Expo it kept braking down on the first hill ... they had to let people out while it was still stuck and get them to walk down the steps.

if yous people continue to go to wonderland again and again of course it gets boring, its like watchine the same movie 100 times. i used to always go to wonderland and i was bored of going to much now im looking forward to go becasue its been almost 1 year. if people have never visited wonderland before i think they would be excited to go. wonderland is a great experience but not for going again and again and again.

At one stage there were 5 operators on the Great Balloon Race
They might have been maintenance. Did you notice if the ride had been down previously? Sorry to hear your day sucked.. did you end up going on Bush Beast?
if yous people continue to go to wonderland again and again of course it gets boring, its like watchine the same movie 100 times.
It gets boring if you stay there all day. On my weekly visits, I stay for no more than 2 hours, just to get some pictures and grab a few rides on Probe/Demon. I'll only stay for more than 2 hours if something new has been added. (such as the lion cub exhibit, marvel parade etc.) ~Liam

5 operators? Nope. More than likely a supervisor or two and maybe the relief operator coming to give lunch break or whatever. Someone that was walking past and called in for a yarn. Something like that. Never more than one op. The only rides that sometimes operate with more than one are Demon (2 persons), Probe (2-5 persons, more than 2 rare), Zodiac (2 persons rarely), Snowy (2-3 persons, SHOULD BE 6), Dodgems (2 persons) and Bush Beast with 2 trains (rarely) (2 persons). Time from the start of one cycle to the start of the next one at Demon should be no more than about 2 and a half minutes with an unloader. This includes the 90 odd seconds for the ride. So a minute changeover basically. Anything longer than that, they're dragging the chain. However, there are always going to be hold ups between cycles like heights to check etc, but generally 2 and a half minutes tops. It can be an efficient ride if the operator pushes hard enough. Planes has been stuffed for about 12 months. It's still making the same noise now that it did in June when I was last there. Good old Snowy. My favourite ride. Shame the wait is long for some :twisted:. Your best bet is to hire a wheelchair next time you go to Wonderland. Up the exit paths and re-ride ride... The problem with Demon and all the rides for that matter, is that maintenance is done on a reactive basis. Just fix it when it poops itself. The wrath of the almighty dollar... Boxing Day will be big. Last year was chockas! What a shame I won't have to put up with everyone... 8)

Boxing Day's crowd at Wonderland was very moderate. Lines were no more than 10 minutes. Anyway, the marvel parade was a big let down. All Marvel characters were on quad bikes, finishing up the "parade" at the Action Arena for a mini show. The show just consisted of all Marvel characters fighting the Green Goblin. I took heaps of photos, they will be up on OzCoaster on Sunday night. Also, I was informed by a guy at the turnstiles that apparently there may be some kind of Shrek 3D show at the Galaxy theatre after Spellbinding Sorcery leaves. Just a rumour though! ~Liam

Yeah, Boxing Day's are typically fairly quiet (certainly on the Gold Coast). It's more of a family day than anything. If only Vegas was the same, but too many gambling addict parents and their incredibly whiney families everywhere! The Shrek show would more than likely be the Shrek 4D that the Universal Parks are running. It's a pretty good show - certainly one of the best "4D" shows I've seen. It'd be a very cool addition, but I can't imagine it being cheap (especially if they go as far with the effects as they did here).

Someone I know who works for the magic show told me that it will not be a ride or 4D attraction. It will actually just be a stage show. Don't know how accurate that info is but it is probably more likely. By the way what was the actual Marvel 'mini show' like Flea? Were there any stunts or special effects? Any soundtrack? I can't imagine it. My friend also told me that there is another 'mini show' when Hulk makes appearances now. Apparantley there is music and various effects (smoke, crashing stuff) when he first comes out. Did you see this Flea?

Regarding the Hulk appearance - yes, there is a soundtrack when he comes out. However I'm not sure if there was smoke etc as I didn't see him when he came out. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures, as I was shooed away due to the licensing agreement (what's the point of having an attraction and not allowing your guests to take pictures of their sons/friends etc. with the marvel characters?). The mini show was far from spectacular. It is located on the outside of the former Action Arena. A big picture of a city street is painted on the outside wall, along with a real bench and fire hydrant. At the beginning of the show, the Green Goblin is sitting on the bench reading some news paper, when he sees Spiderman and calls him a wuss (or something like that..). They then fight with the assistance of some other marvel characters helping Spiderman. After about 3 minutes, the show ends with the Green Goblin kocked out. The show is accompanied with a Marvel like sound track (that urbany-spidermany-fighty music), along with pre recorded voices for the characters to mime along to. The mini show is like Action Man revisited, just a little bit better. ~Liam

Don't know what everyone's on about, Boxing Day was packed (at least at SW, though I can't imagine it being any different at MW, DW and WnWWW). Traditionally, it's not the biggest day of the holiday (that honour normally goes to the first Monday after Boxing Day), but it was still a couple thousand more people then on Xmas eve, a fairly noticeable jump I can tell you.