It's Time To Go....

Daniel

It's time to go.... Fred Flinstone's Splashdown It's time to go.... Judy's Jetliners It's time to go.... Mountain Cascades (maybe back for holidays) It's time to go.... The Red Back It's time to go.... Skyhawk It's time to go.... Tasmanian Devil It's time to go.... Wizards Fury It's time to go.... The Ball Pit It's time to go.... The Paddle Boats It's time to go.... Scooby's Silly Stix It's time to go.... The Beastie It's time to go.... Skyrider That's a lot gone isn't it? Any others to add? Comments?

I'd have sworn I put Ned Kelly's in... Ah well. Thanks Day Shift. You say for the better? OK... Here's what has come out of the list to make way for nothing! EVERYTHING!!! Fred Flinstone's - not relocated by choice (It was crap that's why) Judy's - wasn't replaced by anything or relocated Mountain Cascades - SBNO The Red Back - Endeavours relocation Skyhawk - not replaced (piece of crap also) Taz - well we can't say at this early stage Wizards Fury - not replaced. Just an existing ride relocated there The Ball Pit - not relocated Paddle Boats - used for Wildlife Park Scooby's - not relocated Beastie - SBNO Skyrider- SBNO Ned Kelly's - not replaced (piece of crap) The only thing that's made way for something is really the Paddle Boats. I think that was a while before they decided to use it though. When the Paddle Boats came out, using it for the Wildlife Park probably wasn't considered. I think the boats just went cause of their efficiency or lack of it. I don't know so I better not speculate You say make room for better attractions for the future? It's 10 years for some of them!!! If they used the excuse of the park being too big for guests, they're not going to re-open HB. They'd just look even more stupid wouldn't they? If they planned on using HB, they wouldn't have used the too big excuse. They'd have come out and said working for the future or something... The only thing it'll be used for, if anything, is an extension of the Wildlife Park.

well the people that owned the park when it first opened where australians and wanted to open the biggest theme park in the sountehrn hemisphere located in sydney and so it was made. the man that owned never stopped building rides and finally the space probe was added. that man sold the park to a mayaysian company and im not sure who owns it now. In other words the people that own the park must not have enough money to expand the park therefore sold off land to make more money. all we need is a lot more time for something new to happen. i know 8 years is alot but think what may happen when they finally build something. Imagine if a company like six flags owned wonderland what they could do. the park is beautifully landscaped, you cant say that the theming is crap because its better than dreamworlds scenery and the build up on some rides like the theming on the space probe is mad. just wait i know that something big will happen in a few years to come.

just wait i know that something big will happen in a few years to come.
We all need to think realistically... all those rides that have removed in the past years will be replaced by something big - ONE ride???? One ride wont change the public's bad vieww of the park I honestly dont think u can justify removing that many rides to make way for a new attraction (which probably isnt even planned anyway) Does anyone know, or have any ideas about what BIG thing they have in stall next???

Shifty, a comma and a few apostrophes here and there won't go astray so people can actually read what you're saying. By the way, ownership has been touched on a thousand times on this forum before. Australian's, southern, Sydney (place name hence capital letter), Malaysian, I'm, a lot. You say never stopped building rides? Justify it now. Rides and dates. Do us a time line. Thanks. Merry Christmas.

I last rode Skyrider (that's the cable car ride, right?) in 1999, and I'm pretty sure it was operating through until last year. The park was built by an American company, and has been sold a few times up until now. It's now owned by Sunway (The Malaysian company), who've definitely had plans for big things, but none of them have come to fruition sadly. I don't hold too much hope for the park in terms of new rides to be honest. They're still surviving with pretty decent attendance, but they don't seem willing to add anything to the park. Even if they only spent relatively small amounts replacing the small flat rides that have been retired over the years, it'd just be a nicer place to be, which would really give them a lot in return.

Yeah Rich, it went in when the old Sydney Showground closed. It came from there. They paid about $2.5 million for it back then. 1998, possibly 97. Not too sure to be honest. I think it was 97. Operated until September last year when Little Wonders Land closed as one station is in there. Been SBNO since.

To say those rides were "low excitement" so removing them was OK is a load of crap. The park isn't just for the thrill seekers who want to go fast and get thrown upside down 16 times in 2 minutes. The whole idea to having a great park is that balance to cater to everyone. By closing HBB land WL really drove home that they really don't give a sh1t about families anymore! Thinks like the boats, Scooby’s, the silly balls, Judy's and all that were what a lot of the smaller age bracket went for. IMO Beastie was the worse of all of these to go, you would pretty much have any member of the family on that, even your 'merry go round mums.' The only justifiable removals I can see are Ned Kelly's and Flintstone’s. It only made sense to get rid of NK with the opening of the Beach and it was a stupid ride with rules anyway. They should have however ported a toboggan type ride over to the Beach. As to Flintstone’s that should never been built in the first place. It was a cheap, run down, crappy 2nd hand ride that had no place in a 'proper' park. These days it is completely obvious that WL don't want young kids at the park. To say it was too big was crap because a good majority of people who came for HBB land weren't interested in the attractions down in Gold Rush. And after all, why did they buy Skyrider as a transport system, to save people from walking all the way from one end of the park to the other... so their whole argument as we know if total rubbish. Any of the other removals were not crap, and simply replacing them with existing rides is just not good enough. WL has by no means even come close to running out of space so removing rides to build new attractions isn't justified. From day one the park was always very spaced out with not much substance in between the sparsely dotted out rides. There is a hell of a lot of room to fill in before you need to start pulling things out. They always went on about being bigger than Disneyland, doesn't really say much if there is nothing in that space. Its about as thrilling as a giant car park.

It'll cost them money to pull down and they probably don't want to commit themselves to anything. I think if they do re-open the land it will be part of the wildlife park. However, you may very well be right Day Shift and I'll be the first to apologise to you if I'm wrong, but that's as rare as hens teeth!

What I don't understand is why they ever closed it! If they wanted to be half arsed about it (which we know they always do) they could have easily closed off the rest of the land bar maybe a game and a food outlet and left beastie open. The Skyrider station is right there too. To say people wouldn't want to trek up there for it is wrong too. You only have to look at Rocky Hollow or WWF to see that. They are both off on their own and people still go and ride them. Same goes for samurai (sp?) summit at SFMM. Oh and the other thing I left out of my previous post... The fact that WL have sold off their land to industrial use is completely inexcusable. MAYBE the very back car parks would have been okay with a separate entrance for them but the building going on up front is a joke. How can you call yourself a family fun park when you have a giant friken SHED as your centeepiece to welcome guests. Its clear their total priority is profit at the cost of everything else. I'd sooner jump on a virgin and fly to a GC park for a day than save the money and go to WL.

Man, i couldn't have put it better myself. The factories look bludy awful and i went yesterday and they have opened up the new road entrence, that's all sweet, but the problem is the factories will be using the same road entrance. Comon. Wonderland put some big tall trees up to at least block a little bit of it.

Cost cutting! I agree with you 100%. We were up in Zodicrap on Sunday talking about the exact topic. A pathway to the ride would be great. But the wrath of the almight dolar sticks it's head up again. Another roller coaster to maintain... And then they'd have to have Skyrider open aswell. More maintenance to pay for... They won't! By the way, the buildings at the front look like sh*t! You wouldn't know it's a theme park if you didn't know any better.

Still have not been able to get anything out of the park regaurding new rides for next year, just the same old stuff like "You will be pleased!". Still not happy Wonderland. Although here nothing changes, like Nighties spelling and the wild rumors that are ment to be true. As soon as I here it from the park, then I will beleive it to be true. As for the Beastie, the parks newest attraction, the coaster that goes no-where, a new vine support maybe, or just the parks way of saying that we don't care anymore. Merry X-Mas.

Like trying to get blood out of a stone old son. The people that answer your e-mails wouldn't know anyway. The wild rumours are pi*s funny aren't they? Some of them really make me laugh. I love jumping on here for a good laugh, I know I'll get one. Thanks for most of those Shifty McShift ;) A new vine growing around one of the supports might be more accurate mate. Anymore? When did they in the last 10 years? I think you meant REGARDING, RUMOURS, MEANT, BELIEVE, NOWHERE :D Have a good day tomorrow mate. Look forward to hearing from you again next year. Daniel

Still have not been able to get anything out of the park regaurding new rides for next year, just the same old stuff like "You will be pleased!".
I think Wonderland thinks that we will go bananas over a new show (Spiderman). Who did you ring up regarding this Wayne? Good to know that the new road entrance is open, that temporary road was just awful! ~Liam

All info about Wonderland is from Upper Managment only. And I am told what I am allowed to say and what is not to be told to anyone. So far, all of the private stuff has come true. But that is life. Oh and just for fun....Ithinkthatwonderlandisgreatandgettingreadyforsomethingbig...just for the nightshifter fans.