It's Time To Go....

Daniel

Its interesting to hear the park claim people were complaining about the parks size as an excuse to close HBL/LWL. I'd be surprised (very, very surprised) if either DW or SW were smaller then WL. IMO, Its purely a profit thing. There's a lot of money to save by shutting an area of the park off which might not be instantly obvious. Each department no longer has to staff that area of the park, which would save 100s of hours labour per day. Maybe the park was reducing the parks capacity since they thought they were paying for a capacity they didn't need?

Jozzy Boy, IT'S. Like I said on the closure of HB (It will forever be HB, bugger that LWL crap), it all falls back to money. You're exactly right in what you're saying Joz. They don't have to pay cleaners to clean the area, they don't have to pay food and beverage staff for the food outlets, no retail staff for shops, no games attendants, no maintenance staff for the rides and of course no operators. Probably as a guess, and a minimum I will say, 50 or 60 shifts per day. Lets say that everyone who was up there did a 6 hour paid day. We'll underestimate a little and assume $72 for the day was the average wage. Don't forget that these figures are grossly underdone. That's give or take $4000 a day, just in wages. Then we have cost of actually running the rides. Keeping their required maintenance up to them etc... It was probably as a guess remember, costing them in excess of $10,000 a day to have HB open. Thousands at least anyway. They obviously couldn't justify it being open with the numbers they were/are getting through the gates. So they shut it to save some bucks. Don't forget just 5 rides came down from HB. It took them more than 18 months to get those 5 down, with the last being Balloons in about March or so of this year.

• 2 weeks later...

:shock: Daniel, Give it a rest with the spelling corrections mate. It's borish, anal and thoroughly moronic. Everyone else, I have already spoken to some of my brokers in Malaysia and asked them to contact Sunway and ask them what plans they had for WS. This was some months ago and the people at Sunway were very tight lipped. They said *medium* spending on the park and that was it. Other people I have spoken to have suggested that WS are simple sitting and waiting to see how the Marvel thing goes with people and if there is enough interest expect to see HB/LWL turned into a Marvel themed area at very little cost. Why do you think they haven't bulldozed it quite yet? WS don't need to put in a new *monster* ride to get the hype to create something new. If you think about it what would have more appeal? A new giga coaster or twister? Or a new land for half the price which would attract families (yes families rather than single teenagers) in their droves? Perhaps we might see a re-do of the Titanic ride from fox studios? (heh heh, just something I heard.) mb

Nah I don't think so. They've got to learn somewhere seeing as though they obviously don't teach it at school anymore. It also does exactly what you've done. It gets people talking and gets mixed reactions. Isn't it more interesting? Nothing wrong with a bit of friendly banter. So POQ! :P Also, I don't think you'll find the word borish in a dictionary old son. Could you mean BOORISH? I'm sure you would have, you seem pretty intelligent (for a Mazda Man). What about SIMPLY? By the way, talk was Titanic was going there until it got burned out. Awww... :twisted: Fox Studios did well and claimed a nice old insurance pay out when the place went bung... :D

:D Touche Daniel! The Titanic comment was done in jest. lol As for my comments about your spelling corrections, well I will stand by them. It is a tad boring and a little offensive to those who perhaps through no fault of their own (our education system) have a little trouble in that department. When I post messages on here or any other forum that I may belong too I try my best to make sure my diction and grammar are spot on. But not having the luxury of time or patience I quite often have to get my word out without re-reading it or at least checking it. Just give the kids a bit of a go mate. Cheers! ;) mb