Whats happening at dreamworld

whitsy

Was at dream world today, when was walking there. Noticed that along the fence there’s a large plot of land with tree’s bulldozed (no its not the land from the BB house, something separate). Questioned a security officer about it but he not sure why though loll. So thought too see if any of youse knew let alone know what’s going on.

What the B&M? Thats a rumor, it said nothing about it coming to Australia. Put it this way, the guy who kept saying it was heading to Australia.... it said he lives in Byron bay and he said he lives 10 minutes away from Dreamworld and Movie World. Don't believe everything you read on the Internet!

Edited by Movie_World

Is it near WhiteWaterWorld? It could be for a new carpark or something seeing though they're meant to be extending the park for 'Stage 3'... If it was a coaster I think we would have heard from a definitive source by now or seen otherwise. Maybe you could ask on the V8 simulator blog?

Sorry for the double post but i had to point something out.

It's rollercoaster size!!!
What your telling me that there making them in S M and L now? It could be anything like what WnW_Rocks said it could be a car park.. EG, Compare the size of the Rugrats Reptar ride to Supeman Escape at Movie World ..... Lets just HOPE its a rollercoaster.

Sorry for the double post but i had to point something out.
It's ok you didn't double post. But Yeah, I agree lets just hope for a rollercoaster though I am not holding my breath. MDMC was in 07 so my guess for the next big thing would be 2010 though I am not sure, maybe it will be another upcharge attraction. IMO 2010 is when Movieworld will also get its next big thing most likely a rollercoaster. Edited by cadboy

Was at dream world today, when was walking there. Noticed that along the fence there’s a large plot of land with tree’s bulldozed (no its not the land from the BB house, something separate). Questioned a security officer about it but he not sure why though loll. So thought too see if any of youse knew let alone know what’s going on.
Was the cleared land to the left of Dreamworld Studios along the front fence? that leads into Foxwell Rd? As it could be the clearing for the new shopping centre that has been pencilled in for that area. But at the same time could be general scrub clearing as to much of a fire hazard all that bushland on the left hand side.

Was the cleared land to the left of Dreamworld Studios along the front fence? that leads into Foxwell Rd? As it could be the clearing for the new shopping centre that has been pencilled in for that area. But at the same time could be general scrub clearing as to much of a fire hazard all that bushland on the left hand side.
Yeah along foxwell Rd.

Just too clear things up here are a couple of clippings to detail what is going on. post-1321-1233288849_thumb.jpg post-1321-1233288936_thumb.jpg
Hey thanks for that, at the same time that is one hell of a walk to get to the main gates @ DW if that area is to be used as an overflow carpark. There must be plans afoot to put another entry gate in at this end, and used as required? Does anyone else think the same?

It would be cheaper just to have a little shuttle bus of some description - like Disney used to do with the trams - of course, Dreamworld would only need to put it on for a few weeks in the year, so the cost of building a "Second" gate is not only unjustifiable, but the idea is just plain ridiculous.

I know its no help for those visiting WWW, but when they have the DW overflow carpark in operation, the Old Blue Lagoon Buildings are turned into a Makeshift Admissions building. On the hectically busy days, WWW park goers are directed into one lane of the entry, DW into the other, so that they can accurately monitor when to open the overflow for DW, but still have enough room for WWW guests. If that makes sense.

I know its no help for those visiting WWW, but when they have the DW overflow carpark in operation, the Old Blue Lagoon Buildings are turned into a Makeshift Admissions building. On the hectically busy days, WWW park goers are directed into one lane of the entry, DW into the other, so that they can accurately monitor when to open the overflow for DW, but still have enough room for WWW guests. If that makes sense.
I hope they do get another car park, I don't care where - but waiting 20 minutes to leave through that one entrance every day is a pain in the ass - over the holidays of course.