New Water Slide Types

Gazza

Proslide have recently redone their website, and one of their projects is a pair of slides for Wild Wadi: post-88-1233908068_thumb.jpg So basically, you have a pair of slides, with a drop to get the speed up right from the start, going in and out of the dark, with one side having 3 tantrum tornadoes in a row, and the other having two mini behemoth bowls in row. Is that not one of the coolest ideas for a water park attraction out there? I'll order one for WnW thanks.

Edited by Gazza

• 9 months later...

I decided to rename this topic so I could be self indulgent. Anyway, Westcoasters IAPPA updates have uncovered some new Proslide stuff. They seem to now have a cloverleaf and inner tube version of a 'boomerango' style slide. I think the inner tube version looks kind of cool since it sort of is a cross between a bowl and a boomerango...You can imagine sweeping around that, stuck to the wall. post-88-1258766629_thumb.jpg They also have something called a Topsy Turvy, which appears to be an inner tube version of a Tantrum Tornado Alley: post-88-1258766642_thumb.jpg And while I'm here, here is another water slide alternative WnW could get; The Mack Twist 'n' Splash. Its bascially teacups with water guns in the cups, and the whole base of the ride is flooded. http://www.mack-rides.com/lang-en/c249/default.html

Edited by Gazza

• 4 months later...

Another little update, but Whitewater West have gone and done a sort of derivative of a Tantrum Alley....They call it the MegaTube, and its essentially a family raft slide, but it has sections of tunnel that are 6m wide, and the raft drops into these sideways, so you get that side to side oscilation like in a tornado. The other thing about is that the large tunnel sections are in fact big enough for another slide to pass through, so the idea is that you could run a translucent aqualoop slide through or something: Picture%2029.pngPicture%2030.png Looks like a cool ride, but yeah, the manufacturers aren't innovating like the used to, seems like most of the new products are just partial reworkings of old ones. That said, if WWW ends up getting its Tantrum Alley in stage 3, then this would be a kickass equivalent, but different enough in the eyes of the public thing for WnW to build if they wanted something with high capacity....If it were up to me I'd make that section of slide at the start fully enclosed, and set it apart from mammoth falls that way.

• 1 month later...

^ That's possible. On Theme Park Review, jedimaster1227 posted the article that the pictures were from. The interesting bit is in the last paragraph:

Canada's WhiteWater West Industries Ltd., the has announced the expansion of its MEGAtube waterslide line with the introduction of the Anaconda, the largest family raft ride ever designed. The Anaconda is the latest in this series of high-capacity waterslides, joining the Viper and Python which were introduced at IAAPA 2009. Three MEGAtube waterslides have already been sold since last month’s launch. The defining feature of the Anaconda is its massive 30-foot diameter fully enclosed MEGAtube flume, 50 percent larger than the Viper and Python flumes. Like its sister rides, the Anaconda MEGAtube is set at a 90-degree angle to the slide path. The thrills begin with a sudden drop down a steep ramp and into the MEGAtube. Once inside, the raft – carrying up to six riders – spins around and oscillates side to side, climbing as high as 15 feet up the inner walls as it winds down the waterslide. The length of the MEGAtube can vary with each unique slide path, which can comprise multiple MEGAtube sections and can also be combined with other attractions from WhiteWater West, such as the Family Raft Ride or the Family Boomerango. The MEGAtube technology allows for flume-in-flume capabilities meaning another waterslide can actually pass through it, creating a one-of-a-kind experience for riders and spectators alike. Imagine a Master Blaster passing right through the MEGAtube, with riders hurtling by above as a raft serpentines through below. There has never been a waterslide experience offering such a thrilling and entertaining combination of attractions.

• 5 months later...

With this year's IAAPA been and gone, I thought I'd add some more to this list. All of these pictures are from Theme Park Review. So WhiteWater's Flume in Flume technology is going to be a body slide, attached to the roof of a mammoth slide like so: 76566_10150328335570370_681415369_15849877_8055506_n.jpg148638_10150328334530370_681415369_15849851_2207222_n.jpg ProSlide are taking their Hydromagnetic Rockets to the next level by powering new Clover Wheel tubes up hills. Clover Wheels seat 6 in a similar fashion to the Clover Leaf which seat 4. I present the Hydromagnetic Mammoth: 74495_10150330714050370_681415369_15877985_5964050_n.jpg76478_10150329507035370_681415369_15864053_3401099_n.jpg ProSlide have also developed something like the Twister but with sets of three slides wrapping around each other: 76376_10150330715380370_681415369_15878007_621476_n.jpg Finally ProSlide are bundling their SuperLoop with other body slides. A similar tower is going into Water Country USA next year. 148610_10150329509355370_681415369_15864057_3534155_n.jpg