Openings and Re-openings

joz

Its Christmas, which means the peak holiday season is just around the corner. If your one of the 300,000 or so people heading out the Gold Coast parks in the next couple of weeks, then here's an update of what's going on: Dreamworld will open 2 holiday attractions, the walkthrough Tomb Raider attraction, and Nicktoons live show. Both attractions run until January 23. Movieworld has reopened Wild West Falls, and the Official Matrix Exhibit is the parks new attraction. The park will also have special holiday shows by AMICA until the 9th of January. Seaworld reopens the water park on Boxing day, and Planet SOS in 4D (3D) is the parks newest attractions. The park will also be open until 5.30pm until mid January. Wet 'n' Wild Water World will again offer the traditional Dive in movies, as well as a Kids New Years eve party, with Whirlpool standing as the parks latest addition.

Sounds like all is cool up there at the Gold Coast. I'll give you guys a quick update what's happening down here in NSW, Wonderland Sydney- - The Marvel Parade - Lion Cubs - MARVELous new experiences (photo shoots, face painting etc...) - FMX (freestyle moto cross) on the 10th and 11th of January Jamberoo Recreation Park- - Billabong Beach will open at the start of january (should have opened boxing day but rain prevented this) - Shearer's Shack (watever this is but will compliment Billabong Beach) That's all for us up here in NSW, Jamberoo has alot more to offer that's new these school holidays! I'll be down there to check it out Have a great Christmas Guys

here in melb we got some beach carnivals, most carnivals are in sydney, I heard there is one running at the old sydney showgrounds, with the TURBO back operating again, and BASS HILL, has O'NEILLS for the holiday, operating some rides, including their new addition Rainbow, thats if they turn up, ive heard they arent there yet, and not sure if rainbow is operating.... Rye Beach Carnival is going ahead this year, by Wittingslow, Mad Mouse is there, dunno what others are there, but will find out next week

What's the go with Shark Bay? I heard on Ten News that sharks were finally let into the Shark Bay tanks after being held in one of the water park pools. However, it was said that the area's opening would be delayed until April, is this true? Great to hear that Movie World met their predicted date for WWF's re-opening, good on them. Does anyone (Ian, Joz) know what parts of the ride had to be fixed up, and if there were any improvements to that section while they were at it? ~Liam

Shark Bay has been delayed until Easter. Delays with getting labourers at the start of the construction slowed everything down. The priority was always to finish the enclosure first, so the sharks could be removed from the water park and the water park could reopen. Everything (like viewing areas) except the pools and filtration system is still a construction zone. Its not a total loss though, you can see the sharks in Shark Bay (which include 8 baby sandbar sharks, a couple small rays and tiger sharks) quite well from the top of Polar Bear Shores and from Mid Monorail Station. Some work still remains to be done on Wild West Falls, so there will be some down-time after Xmas. The damage affected everything at the top of the mountain, from rock work to electrical equipment, themeing and everything in between. Probably the most noticeable thing that still needs work from a regulars point of view is one of the main pinnacles still needs to be replaced on the top of the mountain. I'm yet to check out the ride myself since the fire, but I dare say that any improvements to the ride will be made after Xmas. The real priority was to get the ride up and running for the holidays. Damage to the ride was around the $1,000,000 mark, and the repair only took 19days, which a very impressive effort.

I know a guy who is a engineer at MW and he said that most of the damage was aesthetic and that the damage to the electrical/mechanical/structure of the ride was very minor and fixed relatively easily. If the fire had been lower in the ride are it would of been a completely different story.

from a pic i saw, the top of the mountain, was on fire.....
Well DUH! Do you read any other part of this forum? There is a section dedicated to MW and it's got a whole thread about the fire. BTW: MW = Movie World Thread = Topic BTW = By The Way "The Bus is now leaving for Snodland, England"

someones in a mood!, i was just answering the question, if the person had known and looked in the thread, maybe they would have ALREADY known what part had been damaged
You misread the question Hussy, What Flea was asking about the physical/mechanical damage to the ride not the aesthetic damage (what we saw in photos)
Does anyone (Ian, Joz) know what parts of the ride had to be fixed up, and if there were any improvements to that section while they were at it?
Read the posts a bit closer next time will you. "The Bus is now leaving for Benin"