Whats Happening To Terror Canyon?

Ioanne6

Hey guys, Im was just looking on the myfun website and came across that Terror Canyon is under refurbishment and has been for a while. Does anyone know whats happening to it? Cheers EDIT: Sorry guys for the double post, mozzila firefox crashed and double posted for some reson

Edited by Ioanne6

Dunno, When I Left for Holiday 2nd of Jan and went there on the 5th it was closed. Now maintenance has been going on for awhile, it displayed the same results back then:

The Jetstream slides on Mach 5 are currently closed for maintenance. The Sidewinder flumes remain open. Terror Canyon is currently closed for refurbishment. Please check back for further updates or contact Guest Services. The above scheduled closures are subject to change.
It did look like they were patching it up. I'm emailing Guest services, Ill post what they say, even though they will probably say "Terror Canyon is currently closed for refurbishment." Same us the Jet stream slides! They were closed and it looked like they were patching them up.

I hope they are at least replacing Terror Canyon with either some turbo tunnels, tantrum behemoth bowls or tornado's, A Master Blaster or maybe even a boomerang! fingers crossed EDIT: Also guys just to let you know that Terror Canyon's 1 and 2 have been taken off WnW's website.

Edited by Ioanne6

Unless their to lazy to change it , they must be getting a new ride in that spot, or they are doing a major re-do!
Reminds me of when the 4 Whitewater flumes went down. The park never actually said anything like 'closed to make way for an exciting new attraction'....they sort of just replaced them without too much fanfare. Personally I hope if they replace it that they go for something different..Blackhole takes the role of your normal raft slide, so the opportunity is there to introduce something not in the WnW lineup. I think some Cannon Bowls or the new Bullet Bowls would be a good choice given it wouldn't be too difficult to essentially build a couple of raft slides snaking down the existing site, with the bowl element part way through. Edited by Gazza

Terror Canyon has been closed for several months now. There is still a sign out the front of the park every morning letting people know it's not open. A lifeguard told me at one point that it was closed for safety reasons and refurbishment but he wasn't sure if it was going to be reopening. As far as we know it's closed down. Of course we now have Black Hole which is the same thing, just without the drop at the end.

Edited by cerberus584

I feel Wet'n'Wild has had a lack of these lately.
WTF are you on Ash? WnW have added more than WWW have in "recent" times, and considering the type of attractions they work with, I can't see them adding much more "thrilling" attractions that they don't already have. A lack of these lately? And what on EARTH do you mean by the grab for attention? I've read the last couple of posts and have NO idea what you're on about.

Just to help you out Alex im guessing he has a issue with me posting now seeing i said i was leaving which was recommended by those of whom i work with, but after recent discussion things are fine and that no longer need be the case, so i hope to be welcomed back with open arm's, as we can see ash obviously has a issue with opening his i guess :P

Edited by klassen24

Hopefully something really thrilling
Yea the Surfrider and Kamikaze are tame :rolleyes: , seriously I don't know why they have height regulations! :P
They're going then I think they shouldn't come back
Well at least it isn't MRT and the only thing on his mind is Batman/The Ride/Tribute! He is giving us a heads up into if there is a new attraction.
recommended by those of whom I work with
Wait didn't you say this?
I'm not leaving because iv been ask to

I wasn't asked to leave like i said read my post's properly i said recommended as at that time there was a lot of heat on the issue of people leaking info which shouldn't have been which i'm sure a lot of people on this forum would have heard about. It wasn't based on people putting the disclosed info on the net it was to reporters ect. The issue has been dealt with and those who were involved have been shown the consequences. End of discussion back on topic. If you also have a problem with me being back discuss it over PM not on the forums as people are sick of the stupid arguments made by new members.

If you also have a problem with me being back discuss it over PM not on the forums as people are sick of the stupid arguments made by new members.
Ahh I see, Sorry I Misunderstood what you were saying. If the above quote was pointed to me then no I dont have a problem with you being on here and im not a new member. Edited by Movie_World

Well IMO I think the Terror Canyon's should get replaced with something really eye catching if they are going to get rid of them. The land on which the rides currently sit is in a prime position. You see it almost straight away after entering the park and it is clearly visible from the road. So If they put in some thing really fancy and new, like the ride Gazza found the other day then it is bound to attract more people and there attention. Just like Giant Drop catches your attedntion when you drive past Dreamworld. Thoughts,

Edited by cadboy

Once the trees on white water mountain grow in, what ever gets built to replace terror canyon will be pretty well obscured, and its on the wrong side of the mountain to be a big eye catching attraction anyway. Plus wnw has enough eye catching stuff as it is. Personally would love to see a custom dark mammoth slide take that place on the back of the mountain, with as much of the slide hidden from view as possible, but thats just my opinion.

Edited by joz

Once the trees on white water mountain grow in, what ever gets built to replace terror canyon will be pretty well obscured, and its on the wrong side of the mountain to be a big eye catching attraction anyway. Plus wnw has enough eye catching stuff as it is. Personally would love to see a custom dark mammoth slide take that place on the back of the mountain, with as much of the slide hidden from view as possible, but thats just my opinion.
Yeah, I agree with the Custom Dark Mammoth on the otherside of the mountain maybe they could do that and put something else on the other side.

I also agree with all of you guys but don't you think WnW already has enough mammoth style rides. My personal opinion is for WnW to get something new like a Uphill coaster like Whitewater West's Master Blaster which can blend in with the surroundings like what Walt Disney has done to their Master Blaster at Disney's Typhoon lagoon at Walt Disney World.

Edited by Ioanne6