What Thrill ride do you want at DW

Intamin

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are there any more pics of that ride somewhere Gazza?.... I can't handle another 3 years of disappointment
For piraten: http://www.rcdb.com/m/ig4038.htm For a layout drawing: http://www.intaminworldwide.com/iag/docu/M...Coaster_Web.pdf (pg 2) And for some aerial shots of Kawasemi (Same layout): http://www.rcdb.com/m/ig3799.htm I recommend checking out this POV though since it shows of how good it really is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bok7OvMbfEQ Haha on your last point, though you'd like to think that some sort of probability comes into it, they couldn't possibly pick more than x amount of bad attractions in a row...right? :P

Mega lites are pleasing to the eye and something that would make a well worth addition at Dreamworld IMO. Any idea idea on location, maybe the Eureka Mine ride site. If the demolished the building would that leave enough room keeping mind that they could build across the water. One of these with a Gold Rush theme would working nicely with a bit of planning, some good rustic colours and plenty of thought into the story line.

Haha on your last point, though you'd like to think that some sort of probability comes into it, they couldn't possibly pick more than x amount of bad attractions in a row...right? :P
Hehe, I don't know about that.

If they are able to build over the Thunder River holding pond, I'd actually like to see them turn the old Eureka mountain into something like Mystery Mine at Dollywood. The indoor themed section being where the current Eureka mine is, and having an outdoor section with twists, loops and a whole bunch of elements over the holding pond. Again, I don't know the logistics of building over the holding pond, but if it could be done, how awesome would that be! As for a mega type of coaster (or any other "big" coaster for that matter) I reckon a great area to start the attraction would be around the Blue Lagoon area, with the ride going out into the woods (obviously in the Big Brother house) souring expansion of the park in that direction. Having said that, the parks main priority should be fixing the broken attractions which have been sadly neglected for the last couple of year (you know, TOT, Giant Drop, Cyclone, Claw (to a lesser extent), Angry Beavers) and plussing the attractions which need plussing (Thunder, Log Ride, Captain Sturt). Damn, I hope Dreamworlds listening and taking notes (not literally taking notes!).

Thanks for the vid Gaz! It looks like lots of fun. It is something we are definitely missing in Australia - a smooth coaster with huge hills and bunny hops (or whatever you call them). I also think the fact that a large part of it was built over a lake really adds to the experience

If they are able to build over the Thunder River holding pond, I'd actually like to see them turn the old Eureka mountain into something like Mystery Mine at Dollywood. The indoor themed section being where the current Eureka mine is, and having an outdoor section with twists, loops and a whole bunch of elements over the holding pond. Again, I don't know the logistics of building over the holding pond, but if it could be done, how awesome would that be!
TOTALLY!! I have been wanting this ever since they shut the old mine ride. The Dollywood version is a pretty intense thrill ride and is something that could be done to fit dreamworld's budget

• 2 weeks later...

I will be visiting Canada's Wonderland in August and I was looking over the park maps for both Canada's Wonderland and Kings Dominion on their websites. I then went onto the Dreamworld website to look at their park map and make a comparison. It really is sad to see the difference. Those other parks are jam packed with rides and loads of coasters whereas Dreamworld just looks so small and sparse. The worst part is DW is also shrinking as opposed to getting bigger. As I scrolled over the map I noticed all these blanked out areas where attractions used to be such as the Eureka Mountain Mine Coaster and the old Blue Lagoon site. There is so much potential but the park just keeps falling further behind. We have seen falling attendance and revenue in Macquarie Leisure's reports over the last couple of years. Hopefully this will encourage them to do something about it. Surely the only real way to stop the decline in attendance at DW will be to stop adding small 'interactive' attractions like the V8 Supercars and Aliens and bring out the big guns - new coasters and thrill rides

Personally, I don't think the Wipeout needs replacing yet. Sure it may be 15 years old now, but it's still running fairly well for it's age. It may have had it's problems but I don't think it's on the chopping board just yet. Also as far as I'm aware Vekoma do not make the ride any more, and It would be disappointing to see a Moser replacement as apparently they just do not compare. As for a new thrill ride, I'd love to see a decent full circuit roller-coaster like a B+M sit down or inverted. With the economy the way it is going, Dreamworld or the other parks should not be taking massive risks only to have them flop. They need a decent quality roller-coaster that is going to last.

Whatever Dreamworld does they can't afford to screw it up like they did with the Mick Doohan. I have absolutely no idea what they should get next but it has to be absolutely groundbreaking and it actually has to scare people, they need to be terrified by the ride itself and not the cue line. Oh, how I miss being scared by a ride.

How about a compact woodie themed to a mad goldminer? :P
Quick question, but in these topics do you ever have serious suggestions, or are they always tounge in cheek, eg.
Unless it's a Top Thrill Dragster clone. 'You Beaut Ute Muster' tongue.gif Nah. In my dreams... but that would be cool.
A Rock'n'Rollercoaster style indoor coaster. A) Could be themed to INXS or something like that.
Here's an idea... "MSG-Force"! In the pre-show video, we see Riggs (Mel Gibson) & Murtaugh (Danny Glover) grab some takeaway from the imaginatively-titled 'Special Chinese Food' restaurant. Big mistake as it's loaded with MSG. When a hot tip comes in, they find themselves having to race across town to get to a witness whose life is in danger. 'MSG-Force' captures their stomach activity.
Etc

So, when theming a ride to a 'mad goldminer', what theming do you put in the queue and station? Straightjackets? Padded Cells? An animatronic miner rocking back and forth?
:rolleyes: ... No, you just have that as the storyline. That's what I was saying. You could certainly have a goldminer audio-animatronic cackling then he sends you on your way... no one was suggesting padded cells and straitjackets... Edited by Gold Coaster

Semantics. You don't have to whack people over the head with exposition. Whether or not he rocks back and forth, a wild laugh and general indications of evilness will do. So maybe he's just an evil goldminer. Maybe he could be a spirit of an old miner who perished in a collapse. You could write a bit of story into the preshow/beginning into it so it was a woodie answer to what SE/Scooby Doo does in providing some context to the ride experience.