What Thrill ride do you want at DW

Intamin

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with most of the suggestions here, particuarly getting rid of motocoaster best idea yet. I like the idea of a megalite, but Piraten was built in europe and cost 15 mill australian in europe. Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't intamin have to fabricate parts in Switzerland? And things always cost more to be shipped overseas, I noticed in Germany that BMW audis and Volkwagen are as common as commodores and falcons here. What would be the difference in sending an entire coaster? I hear that SE cost some thing like 22mill in the end. You can totally correct me if I'm wrong, just saying.

I do NOT agree with the removal of the Motocoaster. It is still a good family roller coaster. That's just plain stupid. It still works fine and adds more rides for guests to choose from, which lessens the lines for other rides. I'd love to see DW's themed areas get a touch up and then a large roller coaster built. One that can handle 1,000+ people an hour.

^ What he said... Okay, so Motocoaster doesn't maintain its speed and is uncomfortable for some but at the end of the day, it's better than having an outdoor Wild Mouse clone that too many parks across the US have. And, you know, for the first half of the ride it IS genuinely fun. And theming wise it definitely stacks up with Jet Rescue well (ignoring the lack of landscaping). And at the end of the day we need coasters ADDED to the lineup not substituted.

• 2 weeks later...

Just browsing facebook and found the dreamworld fan page. One of the discussion topics started by a member of the marketing team was "Hiya, Got a question for all you Dreamworld fans. What do you think our next ride or attraction should be, what themeing and where would you put it in the park? Here's a link to the park map for starters. http://www.dreamworld.com.au/content/drw_2...sp?name=ParkMap Cheers, Damo (on behalf of) Dreamworld Marketing Team"

• 8 months later...

These are my top contenders:

• A linear synchronous motor-launched steel complete-circuit coaster (Maverick)
  • A hydraulic launch rocket coaster (Kingda Ka)
  • A high speed giga coaster (Millenium Force)
  • A suspended looping coaster (Lethal Weapon)
  • A suspended shuttle coaster (De Ja Vu)

Maybe something that could get Dreamworld into the record books for the third time. Are we supposed to be talking about coasters or any thrill rides?

Edited by lylefart

Good suggestions. I always thought it would be cool to use the tower to incorporate a Top Thrill Dragster\Kingda-Ka style coaster, probably difficult though given there is already two rides attached to it.
I thought that instead of adding a strata coaster (Kingda Ka) to the Dreamworld Tower, what about putting one fairly close to it so that they would practically be sizing up against each other.