Jet Ski Rescue doesn't run in the rain

rival81

I went to seaworld today hoping the crowds would be thin due to all the rain (and they were), to get a few rides on the jet ski rescue coaster. Thinking ahead, i called the park but there was no information saying that jet ski rescue doesn't run in the rain, so i assumed it would be alright. But, when i got there sure enough there were signs up saying it wouldn't run during rain. I stuck around for an hour and a half and during that time it stopped raining for about 15 mins, so i managed to get in two quick rides. Now, I don't know why they don't run it during rain (surely it's safe?). But anyway, i thought the coaster was fantastic, the smoothest coaster i've ever been on and lots of fun! Can't wait to try it again next weekend.

Now, I don't know why they don't run it during rain (surely it's safe?).
As much as anything it is to do with rider comfort. Being on a launching rollercoaster in the rain is painful as the rain is hitting you face at the speed you are travelling. I have been on SE once when it started to rain and it hurt heaps on the launch.

I have been on Cyclone when it's raining and THAT was bad - not sure if it runs during rain as it began to when the ride had already started. The funny thing was, my German friend and I had queued up to do it only because Whitewater World was about to launch so we wanted to experience diving around all the slides and having a peek at that park. It was so painful that we had our eyes squeezed shut most of the time until we got back to the station. So we really didn't see anything :P Best ride in dodgy weather hands down goes to riding the woodie 'Ravine Flyer II' in the USA. 90 degree turns, superb airtime, coaster bridges across the road etc... in pouring rain, thunder and lightning... and the ops just kept the coaster going :) Good times! And for some weird reason, you stopped feeling the pain.

Motocoaster does not run in the rain. And Cyclone does not operate in the rain if it is really heavy. I am not sure if Lethal follows the same procedure or if it's just MLO's policy. I remember at the start of the xmas holidays lining up for Wipeout, the guy was in the middle of his speil and the phone rang. He had to do a E-Stop on the ride and everything was grounded for the rest of the afternoon due to a severe storm.

Motocoaster does not run in the rain. And Cyclone does not operate in the rain if it is really heavy. I am not sure if Lethal follows the same procedure or if it's just MLO's policy. I remember at the start of the xmas holidays lining up for Wipeout, the guy was in the middle of his speil and the phone rang. He had to do a E-Stop on the ride and everything was grounded for the rest of the afternoon due to a severe storm.
Actually, Motocoaster does run in the rain, unless it is absolutely pelting down, its at the operators discretion. When it first opened they couldnt run it in the rain at all because the sensors weren't housed properly, so everytime it rained the ride freaked out and thought there was a train on the brake run when really it was just drops of water. One would think Intamin would have corrected that though for JR. Cyclone is fine in rain, but its not allowed to operate in strong winds, like drop. And storms are a little different, the moment lightning is spotted or the park recieves a severe weather bulletin, all rides must cease operation immeadiately. With wipeout an e-stop is understandable, if it loses power they need emergency services to come and get people off. Funny stuff (unless youre on it I guess...). Edited by Lotl_90

I would say it probably is guess comfort and whilst it has the same speed as Cork they've probably just pretty well copied the whole superman procedure over to JR with them being so similar. I've ridden goliath at SFMM and Calif Screamin in the rain and they both hurt BAD

Jet Rescue doesn't run in the sun either! Ok so I finally got down to ride it on the weekend (sunny sunday) thanks to Q150 passes, and other than it being short, which has been discussed ad nauseum, and with the limited space they've done very well anyway... I don't even get a chance to see the sea lion, i don't see the mural, except from the outside, and i'm very glad that I rode it first thing in the morning, because in the afternoon, at about 4pm-ish, it went down, so we went and bought a drink, came back because it was running, got back into the queue, two cycles... and then BAM - won't despatch from unload. The operator even announced that they were waiting for maintenance to come down and reset the ride "again". :edit: As an aside, while i'm talking about the Q150 - me thinks people didn't think to well about how to implement this idea - since the Q150 needs a photo attached, it wasn't such a good idea that at 11:20AM!!!!!! Sea world still had queues running out into the carpark. Ticket Booth staff were just scanning our ticket and waving us through, telling us to get our photos next time..... woops.... great deal - 1, forward planning - 0

Edited by AlexB

The next ride should be Jet Rescue Rescue in which you must release the pressure from a rollercoaster to get it working again by shooting through a maintenance shed ...
I think Dreamworld considered the idea of a Motorcoaster repair simulator at one point, to go between the Laser Squirmish and Flowrider, but in front of the bowling and Red Line.

Alex every time I have purchased a pass at a cheaper price, that requires a photo, I have always had to return another day to get my photo done. The last Dreamworld pass I got took 5 visits before they took my picture. I brought a WWW pass back in December and I still don’t have a photo for that one either. Alex don’t get the ticket you printed of the web site damaged because they will just stick the photo of you on the paper ticket and you will have to keep the ticket until it runs out.

Our parks ticketing/ proof of ID system is all wrong. The Disney system of photos only for AP holders and fingerprints for multi day tickets is the way to go. Having said that Universal uses fingerprints and their system NEVER works. Where as disney it's rare you have to scan more than once for it to read your print. Our photo taking system takes SOOOO long at the front gate.