Big 6 Early Entry [Dreamworld]

Drewboy

http://www.dreamworld.com.au/content/drw_2...lyEntryBookings Interesting...$10 for early entry into Dreamworld sounds like a good deal, although I can't find out what time early admission is. T&C: > There is no guarantee that the Big 6 will be available on any given day and every attempt will be made to have at best 5 thrill rides available each day or at worst 2 thrill rides available. > Should a thrill ride not be available another alternate ride will be made available on the day. > A Dreamworld Entry ticket or World Pass ticket must be presented with an Early Entry ticket to gain access. > Limited tickets available for sale each day.

And we've covered this before -- RACQ/RACV members have the right to some membership perks. It's not like your day will be ruined if you don't have Early Entry but now you have the chance to experience it yourself for not-too-high-a-fee really. I don't buy much stuff on a park visit anyway so if this gets some extra rides so be it. Can't see too many people bothering with this when they can buy Q4Us though!

And the wipeout very rarely opens for the 9am start because apparently it is a right royal pain to start up in the morning from what I have been told.
Or just because it requires 20 people to operate, and trying to get 20 of the people who entered early together for one cycle is like drawing blood from a stone. It has nothing to do with starting it up. You hear some strange things Dan.

And the wipeout very rarely opens for the 9am start because apparently it is a right royal pain to start up in the morning from what I have been told.
To me implies that he was talking about the actual process of "turning the ride on". Ill be happily corrected if he did mean otherwise, could just be poor word choice.

None the less surely the hydraulics can cause problems on very cold mornings and could make operation difficult at the start of the day wouldn't it?
But then wouldnt that be an issue for several of the other big 6 rides that have no problem opening at 9am as well? Why would wipeout be singled out?

Also I didn't think Wipeout was hydraulicly driven, but gear driven. And Lotl, the person that gave me this information a while back is someone starting with a "K" So that person's advice is to be taken with a grain of salt... But I hadn't heard any reason as to why it was done like this. I also don't really get the 20 rider rule if parks in other countries with Identical rides can run with 3 people, and scattered throughout the ride. I know it can be expensive to run a ride so they would want many people on the ride. But it just seems a bit stupid, especially at the end of the day when people have been waiting in the line, only to find they cant ride cause they don't have 20 riders for the last ride.

Also I didn't think Wipeout was hydraulicly driven, but gear driven. And Lotl, the person that gave me this information a while back is someone starting with a "K" So that person's advice is to be taken with a grain of salt... But I hadn't heard any reason as to why it was done like this. I also don't really get the 20 rider rule if parks in other countries with Identical rides can run with 3 people, and scattered throughout the ride. I know it can be expensive to run a ride so they would want many people on the ride. But it just seems a bit stupid, especially at the end of the day when people have been waiting in the line, only to find they cant ride cause they don't have 20 riders for the last ride.
Fair enough.. surely you should know better than to listen to compulsive liars. As far as im aware its the 20 rider rule. Theres really no point paying a full hours wages for a senior operator and a deckhand to stand around and do nothing while they wait for 20 riders, and theres no point wasting the majority of the guests hour of early entry scrounging around for 20 people when, as you said yourself they could get the rest of the big 6 done, and come back at 10am to ride wipeout, which has a fast turnover anyway.

Yeah, I guess your right. I learnt about that person's bulltwang after an incident not too long ago. So I do know better than that ;) I can understand where you are coming from as far as wages go. But not so much for the early 6 with the 20 rider rule, but in general on days when it is very quiet. Sometimes the line is very long for a ride because they simply don't have enough riders!

• 3 months later...

only problem we had with early entry this morning was the cyclone. we had a chat to the girl running it and she said they cant usually send a car until about 9.45 as it needs nearly a full load to make it around the track and they were really pushing on the first circuit. other than that it was excellent... we went on cyclone, went one motocoaster....which had more problems.. we barely made it back to the station and they had to close it and call engineers to fix it. we then grabbed a q4u which made the rest of the day sooo easy

So does that mean that they must fill the carriage with dummies while testing in the morning?
Yeah, the ride requires a minimum of 6 adult riders or 6 filled water dummies before it can leave the station. Otherwise there's a good chance it won't make it back. As for Q4U today, there wasn't many people in at all, so very few units went out. Although most guests said it still made a bit of a difference, which is positive to hear I guess.

So does that mean that they must fill the carriage with dummies while testing in the morning?
what do you think the dummies are attached to the winch for? they dont do test runs with people on the ride. we were the first ones to get a q4u today apparantly and the q4u made a massive difference. we would get ours scanned on the cylcone, re-book the cyclone and once the ride ends we would have to wait 1min to ride again. the two girls running the cyclone were so friendly today. one even let us on again before the q4u was ready (although by this stage we were on our 3rd ride in a row :P) Edited by reanimated35

I was just wondering because on SE they don't need dummies when testing, along with other rides.
i think the difference with them is that the cyclone is not a powered launch. the cyclone requires a certain amount of weight to make it around the corner to the chain and then the same weight to make the loops/corkscrews