Australian Shows of 2009

mickey_079

Well since I headed to Maitland and Cessnock Show tonight I thought to myself when I got home, hmm I might start a thread about the shows in Australia this year. So basically if you head to your local show, come back to this thread and talk about it and share some pictures. I myself am interested in what some shows have to offer and what others don't, what rides they have, what they don't have. Like I said I visited both Maitland show and Cessnock show (cessnock was washed out on Saturday last week so they decided to hold it again for this weekend), and must say, I was PLEASED with Maitland, but disappointed with Cessnock. I don't have much to say about it tonight as I didn't see any competitions or acts or anything like that and didn't go on one ride, but I'm going back to Maitland tomorrow night to go on a few things and some pictures. Hope to see some reports. :)

Maitland Show Lineup: 5 dodgem tracks Haunted hotel Flash dance Speed Break dance Sky veiw Ali baba Top gun Power surge Matterhorn Hard rock Wizzer Chants wheel 2 carousels Halloween Rock n roll Music trip Twister Hurricane Zipper Also the reason Cessnock would have been such a dud show is because Maitland was on the same weekend. Had it not been washed out a few more rides probably would have shown up.

Not true. Had the same lineup from last year. The rides from Cessnock Show came directly from Newcastle foreshore. The lack of ride of quality rides is due to the osbournes. Music Trip didn't make it to maitland this year, still sitting at Cessnock.

Edited by mickey_079

The music trip at Cessnock is just a name it is not a miami, it is an old Trabant that they brought off a Sydney based opperator. I used to work Cessnock show before Osbournes got it and it was a good little show for rides. Went there the first year Osbournes had it to have a look and I was absolutly disgusted in how bad there gear looked. Cheers OZshowkid

Anyway, so I went back tonight and forgot my camera -_- However I never returned to Maitland, really didn't seem to effort to drive 25 minutes out of town to go a show were someone got murdered the night before. So I went into Cessnock show again at about 8:30... and I got home at about 9:15. What can I say about Cessnock... hmm SHAME! Seems that half the rides from last night had just disappeared, the games area had only 2 games, the show bag area had ONE stand, the fast food area was closed, the bar was closed and we had to dodge all the water puddles. The only rides left were Star Chase, Sky master, yoyo, dodgems, one MINIATURE jumping castle AND a tilt-a-whir. I can tell now majority of you guys are impressed. B) Anyway, having a difficult time to choose which ride to go on from the large quality selection, I chose... Sky Master. Now I've ridden the Osbourne's Sky Master before and thought it was OK... but this time... well I've never feared for my life so much before. Every time it spun around you could hear the rust running through the pipes, harness' were moving up and down a little too freely when the ride was in motion... yes you read that correctly, there was a terrible grinding noise when it was locked upside down and not to mention the floor lifting up due to missing pop rivets. I personally didn't think the Osbourne's could sink any lower... but Cessnock show has showed me (once again) they could. I really wish the organisers would wake up to themselves and realise there losing customers due to the lack, safety and quality of rides (as Cessnock show goers are in it for the rides and the FMX). Oh did I mention the entry price this year... $9 a HEAD!! So all in all my night at the show tonight was a waste:) OzShowKid what years was it that you worked. Cessnock had its best shows in 2003, 2004 and 2005, 2004 most likely being the best ever as they had a larger variety. Going by memory we had Go-karts, 3 dodgem set-ups, yo-yo, zipper, ferris wheel, 4 BIG jumping castles, an awesome mirror maze, haunted house, some really interesting, unique and old school rides (I have never seem them again), great shows, great music, great show bags, tons of demos, and a unlimited ride band for only $30.