Wonderland advertises for Christmas!

Flea

well if your in sydney you should have noticed many radio advertisments, newspapaer coupons and also many TV commercials. last night they showed the commerical about 4 times within the hour. ive got to tell you its pretty convincing, the park looks mad on TV they showed the space probe, demon and other rides and the new tiger cubs at wonderland sydney. i think this is great advertising for christmas for families who dont know what they want to do for fun and suddenly come accross this add on TV. im thinking this park will be packed out this boxing day if anything.

get it through your head, its like a non stop festival, people wont travel for something like that, i realise that if you do spend the day at the city people might go to luna park but its weired to think that luna park can get more popularity. people arent going to pay $30 to ride a few carnival rides and a lousy replicare of a wild mouse.

get it through your head, its like a non stop festival, people wont travel for something like that, i realise that if you do spend the day at the city people might go to luna park but its weired to think that luna park can get more popularity. people arent going to pay $30 to ride a few carnival rides and a lousy replicare of a wild mouse.

I was behind the camera in most of the shots when filming the ad (and tried to be in some shots too!), it really is amazing how repetitive filming is, those little Wonderland kids must've been extremely tired. I think when I go on Boxing Day will be the busiest day of the year, as you have stated (not including Union Day). ~Liam

Nightshifter.....I'd say anyone who has been on our harbour would have seen the giant face of Luna Park. I don't feel that people would think it's there as some kind of pop art. Incidentally....there was a time not that long ago, when Luna Park ruled, I'm NOT talking about the re hashed version that we got after the tragic Ghost Train fire but before all that happened. Luna Park was one of the greatest ( then ) still operating amusement parks from when they were first conceived in the 1930's It had a nostalgia all it's own & was a truly fun & affordable place to go....But then, you'd be way too young to have had the pleasure of seeing just what it was like I guess :? Wonderland has a long way to go IMO, before it gets to be a " world class " park......No matter if Luna Park does or dosen't take people from the west ( the locals ) to see it, Luna Park will still have the finest view of ANY theme park in the world & THAT's something that no " new show " OR Lion Cubs can top IMO :D

and you too are right on that. Luna park can offer million dollar views. i remember for the year 2000 new years eve night in the city. my friends went to luna park that night and booked out i think like a crystal ballroom. they payed for the room and the people to go in including an additional $100 per person to enter the park for that night. how exciting it would be right next to the bridge, but anyway im going off topic now. wonderland is a developing well is developed but like you said IMO for wonderland to be a world class park all they need is a world record ride or even just a teriffic roller coaster. IMO dreamworld is already a world class park movie world is still developing theres very minimum rides. sea world just sucks and wet 'n' wild is a world class water park.

IMO dreamworld is already a world class park movie world is still developing theres very minimum rides. sea world just sucks and wet 'n' wild is a world class water park.
Sea World sucks?! It has to be the best park in Australia. You're only looking at what rides Sea World has to offer (IMO Australia's best rides). Wet 'n' Wild definately is not a world class water park, just take a look at Holiday World's waterpark or Soak City at Cedar Point. ~Liam

here my opion from a industry worker of theme parks and 9 years of travel to overseas parks Dreamworld is good if you havent been to parks before or just small ones but not world class. Movie World and Sea World are very good by World Standards except maybe in the number of coaster department , but they clean up in shows , normal rides, food ,retail and how tidy they are. And wet n Wild is a fun water Park not a theme park just a fun place to hang out in this Queensland heat. And with Paradise country about to be relocate behind Movieworld you watch these parks add there magic to this park. Thats why I love being a official photographer for this company just have to look at the shoot I did at Wet N Wild on Calypso Beach yesterday with guest to see this magic. thanks for your time and all you fanboys have a good christmas. Ian"Australia Parks Didnt even Make the top 50 parks in attendance"Clark

This post is directed to nightshifter: I don't believe that to have a world class park, all you need is a world record ride. Wonderland has a former world record holder in Space Probe, as well as having the tallest coaster in Oz. These features haven't made the park world class. You mention Dreamworld as being a world class park, while stating the importance of having a terrific coaster... which coaster at Dreamworld is terrific (keeping in mind that ToT is hardly a coaster :D )? Also, about the claims that not many people know about Luna Park in Sydney's west, can you please point me in the direction of where that information came from? I live on the Gold Coast, and knew about Luna Park when I was 7, long before I had an interest in parks. About the 'its like a non stop festival' claim: When festivals are in Sydney, are they popular? I think people are more likely to "pay $30 to ride a few carnival rides and a lousy replicare of a wild mouse" then they are to pay $70 to ride a few run-down flat rides and a lousy replica of a crap paramount coaster. Don't forget as well, there are still a lot of people in Sydney who remember the 'good old days' of Luna Park, and will take their kids to see it for nostalgic reasons. Think before you post, because your posts are littered with flawed logic, incoherent ramblings, and half baked conclusions. Back on topic: Good to see Wonderland advertising, but I'm surprised to see Wonderland giving out coupons in the Xmas period. WVTPs and DW attract huge crowds over Xmas by simply being open, and save coupons for quiter times in the year. For Wonderland to have to give out coupons to get people into the park at the busiest time of the year really makes you wonder how strong the parks appeal to the wider community is.

You're right Joz, they shouldn't have to give out coupons at this time of the year. Are they worried about their numbers going into the busiest time of year? I live in Western Sydney and have known about Luna Park my whole life. You won't find anybody in Sydney with half a brain that doesn't know about Luna Park. Joz, unfortunately it's not just Shifty that comes up with 'incoherent ramblings'. There's more than one unfortunately old son. There's a plethora of dribble around here sometimes. Your spelling's also quite good old son. Only replica and quieter. Other than that, keep up the good work. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

• 2 weeks later...