Scenic Railway

rappa

Recently I've become somewhat intrigued with the Scenic Railway in Melbourne. I was just wondering if any of you have any links or whatever to some more detailed info. on it? I'm most interested in things like how the lift works on this ride and exactly what is the GO with the brakeman. IE what does he actually do and how all that works. ...I really love the technology on all these old rides :-)

See what happens when you're in a hurry! Twice in as many minutes my friend! Good thing we have you here cleaning up the filth that some of us try to pass off as the english language! "YOUR fingers are TOO fat. To obtain a special dialling wand...mash the keypad now"

ok lol ill answer it,   well as far as i know, its just a normal chain lift...... but im not 100% and with the breakman, they break the train on certain parts, so that the train doesn't fly off the tracks, id never do it, it's a very dangerous job to do!
It's not a normal chain, it's like a metal wire. Similiar one that comes to mind is the lift on Millennium Force, though not as quick, it doesn't take long to get to the top of Scenic Railway.