WVTP Changes

Gold Coaster

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this topic is turning away from "WVTP changes" and more towards "Lets see what we could find what we think is wrong about WVTP" hahah, I sure this would be much more fun if you choose dreamworld as your topic park :P (And I really think movie world should have a look into the upcoming movie "where the wild things are" cause it looks like its going to be good) zane.

this topic is turning away from "WVTP changes" and more towards "Lets see what we could find what we think is wrong about WVTP" hahah, I sure this would be much more fun if you choose dreamworld as your topic park :P (And I really think movie world should have a look into the upcoming movie "where the wild things are" cause it looks like its going to be good) zane.
nah, there;s enough topics about that already. I think most of the people are still finding changes that are happening at WVTP's and if they want to say that theres something wrong then i still reckon its within reason. Edited by kieron5379

• 2 weeks later...

Im pretty sure most people part of myfun and Annual pass holders would have gotten a email or will within the next few days about the new money making scheme currently being used by Disney Parks as part of this years What will you celebrate at Disney Parks? Well what will you celebrate at Warner Village parks this year, oh your birthday for free* *if you are 13 or under Here are the details. Now kids can go to their favourite theme park for FREE! Kids love theme parks. And kids love birthdays. Now kids can go to their favourite theme park on their birthday for FREE*! This is an exclusive offer to MyFun Members! Update your profile and register your child's birthday and we'll send a birthday email with their free birthday entry offer to either Sea World, Warner Bros. Movie World or Wet'n'Wild Water World 4 weeks prior to their birthday. Update Profile Now : [http://myfun.com.au/mailgen/tlink.asp?L=276&M=4077&N=99&T=ThemeParkNews] Pre-purchase tickets before 30 June 2009 for family and friends to visit with the birthday child and SAVE 50% off one day admission tickets to your chosen park! Pre-purchase now by calling 133 FUN*. Make sure you tell your family and friends about this great offer. All they have to do is join MyFun and register their child's birthday. * Free admission birthday offer is valid for children aged 3 - 13 years inclusive only. Child or child’s parent or guardian must have joined and activated their MyFun membership previously for the child to receive their birthday email 4 weeks prior to their birthday. Offer is only valid on the day of the child's birthday for birthdays up to and including 30 June 2010 only. Accompanying guests must have valid admission tickets. Pre-purchased tickets at the 50% discount offer must only be used on the child's birthday and in conjunction with the free birthday entry. Valid for up to four tickets. $3.95 transaction fee applies to all booking through 133 FUN.

Hey guys, Just reading this, and i couldn't help laughing. My son's birthday is actually on the 4th of may and he wanted to take his friends to Movie World. So just to clarify the birthday boy/girl gets in for free and his friends and myself get in for 50% off the normal rate. Good job WVTP and keep up the great deals!

This was the deal for annual pass holders last year. I was going to take friends with me to the park on my birthday, but nobody was free - we ended up doing something totally different instead. However, this year, my birthday falls at the end of May, and my birthday offer arrived in the email a few days ago - except the discount for up to 4 people was only 25% this time.

When i read about the offer yesterday, (i can't remember but) i think it said the discounted tickets have to be booked 4 weeks prior to the birthday.
Yep, thats what the article says.
Child or child’s parent or guardian must have joined and activated their MyFun membership previously for the child to receive their birthday email 4 weeks prior to their birthday.

Here's a copy of the email I received dates 25th April:

Happy Birthday ADAM, BUGS BUNNY, TWEETY and the whole LOONEY TUNES gang at Warner Bros. Movie World would like to wish you a fantastically exciting upcoming birthday and a very happy year ahead! To celebrate your Birthday we'd like to offer you a great reason to bring your friends to visit Warner Bros. Movie World to help celebrate your special day with an awesome admission deal. Download and print the voucher and present along with your current Warner Bros. Movie World Annual Pass at the front gate and up to four of your friends will receive 25% discount* off full one day admission rates. And while they are visiting have your friends join you for the next year by upgrading their day admission to an Annual Pass so they too can take advantage of the special offers and discounts. Visit the Upgrade Booth located near the Fountain of Fame for assistance.
The link to the voucher within the email also says 25% I'm not saying the 50% deal isn't great for those who have children, but just that the annual pass deal has changed.

• 3 weeks later...
Sea World is open every day of the year except Christmas Day on 25 December. Rides and Attractions Open 10:00 AM
Wet'n'Wild Water World is open every day of the year except Christmas Day, 25 December. Restricted trading hours apply on ANZAC Day, Australia's National Day of Remembrance on 25 April, with the park opening at 1:30pm. The park opens at 10:00am every day and closing times vary throughout the year.
It seems only Movie World is the odd one out.

• 2 months later...

I guess this is on topic, but SW has lodged a DA for a:

BLD2908650 (23/07/2009) NEW FUN 'N' GAMES BUILDING
Lets hope they fill in some useless spot with this, and don't go and take a chunk out of larger bit of land that can be used for expansion....They do actually need to start slotting stuff in like a jigsaw since they have run out of space now.

I guess this is on topic, but SW has lodged a DA for a: Lets hope they fill in some useless spot with this, and don't go and take a chunk out of larger bit of land that can be used for expansion....They do actually need to start slotting stuff in like a jigsaw since they have run out of space now.
seaworld to get an intencity like movieworld?

seaworld to get an intencity like movieworld?
Mmm, I'm not optimistic about it being anything better, going off recent developments. If I was on the panel, I would actually look at a splash battle which could be easily themed to pirates in association with the new stunt show while that's there. Afterwards, it would still fit in well. I doubt that would come under 'Fun & Games Building', of course, just putting forward my idea of what I'd do that would be famliy friendly and could be done on a moderate budget.

Splash battles are a lot of fun, but I cant help but think for 9-10 months of the year the ride would be deserted. They really are horrendously wet, much worse than say WWF, and literally like you have stood under a shower for a couple of minutes. To put it in perspective, at Alton at the peak of the busier day I was there the flume and rapids were in the 40-60 minute range, and battle galleons was hovering around the 5-10 minute mark, despite being much lower capacity. People like getting wet, but there is threshold. For that reason, I reckon put it at WnW, at least it would get consistent year round ridership, and better returns.

Edited by Gazza

Well despite the fact that you generally have to walk down a pathway of about 100 - 150 metres to get to the 4D cinema, if they were using existing infrastructure and just fitting it out differently (say by non-load bearing walls, new electrical cabling etc) I doubt theyw ould need to submit a DA, so I don't see it replacing the 4D cinema. I'm thinking substitute for the current arcade taking up space under the licensed restaurant near cartoon beach. Where? haven't a clue.

Heard this was in The Bulletin sometime during the week, so if its correct tell me cause I didn't read it. But Wet'n'Wild is appently demolishing ALL BBQ's at the park that so many people use to use for picnics or big sporting groups. Once again to try and make a quick buck, if this goes through I put money on it they we say goodbye to the big groups and the parks oncew great attendance records fall dramatically.