Gold Coaster

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Couple of small park updates... -At WnW the entrance ramp is being made approx 3 times wider at the moment, so that stupid overcrowding that occurs around the entrance in summer looks to be a thing of the past. -At MW, the new food outlet on the 'corner' (To the left of Gotham City Cafe, and opposite the HSD entrance) looks almost ready, and looks to be one for the sweet tooth's (Or should that be teeth?).... I didn't get any pics, but its painted pink, and has stripy awnings. Peering in the window you can see it has doughnut machine, display cabinets and a bunch of milkshake mixers.

Edited by Gazza

I happened to be at WnW and MovieWorld on friday - the shop on the corner of main street (i'm going to call it a malt shoppe, because that is how it is styled) looked pretty good. A maintenance worker was in close to 5pm with the roller shutter up, and it looked good, and styled on a classic malt shoppe the likes of Back to the Future and other classic era films. Of course, spoiling it will be the standard run of the mill WVTP uniform, but you can't have everything (i'd like to see the classic white shirt and bow tie with a candystripe apron and a paper hat - think smallville or similar). My only concern is that the shop looked rather small, and had a few fixed mount stools (i think), so crowding might be an issue. I'm not so sure about the donut machine (not doubting it was there - just whether it will be used), don't the parks have an agreement with Krispy Kreme? Maybe this will be an actual Krispy outlet instead? Also, I don't know if it were mentioned before, but the ice cream shop on mainstreet has had the wall cut out, and is now one big open door too. Movie world was deserted after 4pm (we left WnW at 3, and headed straight over). Walk ons on everything, but I want to mention my disappointment at some entertainment cast, wearing civvies (although, they were merchandise shirts, so it was a bit obvious) with the blue nylonish shorts. They were riding lethal, and after each trip, lifting the chain on the cast member walkway to the control tower, and relining up in the front row every time. For those who may have wanted the front seat, they had no option, unless they queued behind the girls, for a train that was sending out 3 or 4 rows of empties with every cycle. For the first time in my life, i walked all the way through scooby, and did not have to wait in line until the last switchback leading to the gates. I know it was a weekday, and out of holiday season - but wow. I am disappointed also (being that one of my previous theme park jobs was in the gaming area), that all the skill games near intencity were closed off well before closing time (i'd say 4:30 easy). In my experience, when everything else is closing early, games are the one things you leave open to milk the last dollar from the departing guest - although WWF was closed for maintenance, so that end was probably pretty dead, as only scooby would have been feeding it.... its still atrocious to see shops closed up, and games closed up well before park closing - everyone is fitting in last minute rides, and wait until "official" closing time to do games, and shopping. One thing that we never EVER did was close a game until security had cleared it. Shuttered doors (on games or ANY shop) just looks bad. The entranceway at WnW is certainly going to be 3x wider as Gazza said, and has been much needed for ever and a day. A reasonably good day at WnW, although to be honest, you would have thought that our two park visits were on 2 separate days - if MW was a ghost town - then WnW was a mosh pit, and it seemed like it was the middle of the Xmas holidays. School groups didn't help it - with little blue broad brimmed hats everywhere (including floating in the splashdown pools). The staff did well to keep the schoolies under control, but I want to give a thumbs down to the attendant on calypso who singled out some kids who were getting a little playful with the tubes - (pointing at each one) "You, You, You, You, and You - OUT, NOW, and don't come back!". Did they break the rules? Yes. Did they hurt anyone else, or impact negatively on anyone else's day? No. Had they been warned previously by this cast member? No. We'd been behind them for 4 laps of the river without anyone saying a word to them. I kinda think her approach was a little off, and certainly made me wonder how she would have spoken to me had I been splashing about with a group of friends. In my experience, a cast approach would be something like "guys, can you settle it down a little, we don't allow blah blah blah, and I don't want to have to ask you to leave". Maybe i'm just being overly critical? Final thumbs down on my visit, as I hadn't been to WnW in a while - but the exit-gift shop (i've never even set foot inside the other one on the other side of the gate as its closed half the time) - doesn't sell sunscreen! We had brought some from home, but on the way down, the bottle had burst and it wasn't usable, so we went there to buy more, and there wasn't a single bottle! Don't these guys have a contract with banana boat or something? (BTW - I know that someone is going to come on and tell me that the other gift shop sold it - but it was across 30 metres of fire-walking hot paving and concrete, and I did not want to walk back to the lockers to get my shoes, and then go back. Call it lazy - but hey - in a place like that, convenience counts - so in my opinion - absolutely appalling that they didn't sell the stuff.

I was @ WnW a week or so ago (a well behaved High School Group ^_^ ) and can echo most of what AlexB is saying. Managed to get a few free soft drink refills too. Another thing I saw was you could upgrade your entry to a VIP Pass (whilst in the park), $50 for adults.

Edited by Jordan M

• 2 months later...

So... who wants to go to Dreamworld? :P Seriously... I am not that shocked that this has happened after all the previous things that WVTP have done in the last year. I will honestly say that I will NOT be returning to any of the Warner Village Properties anytime soon if this is what they focus on. Sea World doesn't appeal to me in the least anymore, Jet Rescue may be good but it's not something I will go out of my way to ride. The general upkeep of the park is the worst it has been in years, just look at Bermuda Triangle. It's not justified paying the 70 dollars to get into the park, and there isn't anything new that even excites me. How can they justify the entry price when they are REMOVING attractions from the park with no replacement? While there very well could be a replacement in the pipelines, it doesn't explain why the park is in the state it is in. A half arsed show replacing something solid. What may have been the best themed attraction in Australia now looking tacky and beyond a joke... and thats only one of the Theme Parks. Wet and Wild... Well to put it simply Waterparks don't appeal to me full stop so thats all I'm going to say really about that. I think Wet n Wild might be the only park that standards have not dipped dramatically in the last 18 months. Movie World... over 40 minute waits in OFF peak, rude staff and just a total mess in general. The food is so expensive and foul that it's not funny. Not to mention the rediculous food policy, that is just pathetic if you ask me. The last time I went to Movie World, I brought a 1 hour locker for Superman Escape. The queue was OVER a hour long, so I asked the lady if I could get into my locker after my ride and she said YES and that I wouldn't have to pay any extra. I got off the ride after 90 minutes of waiting (Scooby Doo had it's line in the old gremlins queue that day) I went to the lady to open my locker as it had expired. Someone from Guest Services came down after 25 minutes of waiting for her. Only to have the operator at the entrance of the ride DENY she told me I could still access my locker for free after my ride. I then paid 8 dollars to get my stuff out and be lectured by guest services about the locker policy and how it is only for "riding patrons and not to be used for the whole day" I'm sure if you read my posts on Movie World from 3 years ago, you would know how much of a WVTP fanboy I was so to speak. And I find it downright dissapointing that the parks have gone the way they have. I will admit that I did like Hollywood Stuntdriver though, it is no Police Academy but it's still a halfway decent show. And it would be the one thing that Movie World has over Dreamworld right now. So based on my points, I don't see the point in paying 70 dollars for entry, or 99 for a VIP pass. When I can go closer to home and visit Dreamworld, where in the past year has been brilliant as far as everything goes. I got a 99 dollar year pass with NO discounts or special offers, yet in the mail I got a letter with 3 half price tickets from them... as well as a FREE ticket for a friend. You can guess where my money will be spent in the future. Good Riddance to WVTP is all I can say.

The last time I went to Movie World, I brought a 1 hour locker for Superman Escape. The queue was OVER a hour long, so I asked the lady if I could get into my locker after my ride and she said YES and that I wouldn't have to pay any extra. I got off the ride after 90 minutes of waiting (Scooby Doo had it's line in the old gremlins queue that day) I went to the lady to open my locker as it had expired. Someone from Guest Services came down after 25 minutes of waiting for her. Only to have the operator at the entrance of the ride DENY she told me I could still access my locker for free after my ride. I then paid 8 dollars to get my stuff out and be lectured by guest services about the locker policy and how it is only for "riding patrons and not to be used for the whole day"
The second last time I went to Movie World I went to hire a locker but I had a ten dollar note. I asked a staff member where to get change and they said there was no change machines. I walked over to a shop and asked for changed and she refused. I had to buy a tomato sauce to get change for the locker. This kind of service is pathetic. They seem to just be trying to get as much money as possible.

Hey everyone....after reading this post and my own experiences with WVTP I don't think I am going to renew my WVTP mega pass this year. My Pass expired at the end of Jan and I have to renew it this month to qualify for the renewal discount. I still have my DW platinum pass which is good till August. I have had the Mega Pass for 2 years now...and don't get me wrong I have been a huge WVTP supporter in the past. But after the last 12 months I am not so sure if I can say I have the desire to renew. Firstly I felt ripped off after I renewed it last year and then find shortly after the QLD VIP pass was introduced for only $99.

We also had major problems when we first signed up 2 years ago after we purchased the passes over the phone and then our order did'nt exist when we got to the gate at MW to organise the member cards, it took over 30 mins to get sorted after lining up for ages. ( actually happened again when we renewed)

Obviously very dissapointed with BT, not only with the flames and effects being removed but the general maintainance of the ride.

The new Pirate show at SW is an absolute joke.

The staff at MW have been a real let down. A few months ago I had some family with me and we took them to the gate to get our 10% discount and the lady at the gate told me there was no discount.

On another occasion at the MW emporium we were also told that there was no discount offered to members and the lady was quite rude.

MW Shops closing during the day give the park a very "cheap" feel.

WnW is not a bad park, however its annoying to have to pay for a locker each time we go so we don't end up going that often. ( would be nice if there was some sort of discount for annual holders) When we go to Dreamworld, although we feel the ride ops are a bit slow and the park is not perfect. There is definately much better service, reasonable food and merchandise discounts for annual holders, separate express entry.... I think we may only renew the DW pass this year unless WVTP come up with a reason for me to sign up again.

The second last time I went to Movie World I went to hire a locker but I had a ten dollar note. I asked a staff member where to get change and they said there was no change machines. I walked over to a shop and asked for changed and she refused. I had to buy a tomato sauce to get change for the locker. This kind of service is pathetic. They seem to just be trying to get as much money as possible.
As you will know sometimes the change machine doesn't work so when you go into the stall they cant open the reggie with out a sale so you can either WAIT! for a sale or buy some mints for a $1 or toughen up and go on another ride
Someone from Guest Services came down after 25 minutes of waiting for her. Only to have the operator at the entrance of the ride DENY she told me I could still access my locker for free after my ride. I then paid 8 dollars to get my stuff out and be lectured by guest services about the locker policy and how it is only for "riding patrons and not to be used for the whole day"
Ok Fair enough just letting you know that it wasn't Guest Services because GS has nuthin to do with money it is part of retail so it was a retail supervisor who does the lockers. Btw Does anyone like the NEW Pirate/Western theme photos at the parks??? MW- Western area WnW- Across form changes rooms SW? Across Photo shop. Edited by Randy23