WVTP Changes

Gold Coaster

As you will know sometimes the change machine doesn't work so when you go into the stall they cant open the reggie with out a sale so you can either WAIT! for a sale or buy some mints for a $1 or toughen up and go on another ride
The best option could be to perhaps ask someone on one of the mobile carts (Hot Dogs, Churros etc) since they dont have tills. Edited by Gazza

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OH FFS!!!! PIRATE PHOTOS IN WESTERN TOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought they were hideous at SW because they are tacky as hell, but for christ sake, Pirates in Western Town????? Maybe they need the internet cafe so guests can get on and email guest services with their complaints even BEFORE they get home.

Well I am for once actually relieved that the new photo opportunity at Movie World is a Western themed opportunity. Internet Cafe though, what the hell? I am surprised that who ever came up with that idea was able to justify it's cost since the popularity of internet connected smart phones which almost everyone seems to have these days.

I'm sure there are parks overseas that have internet cafes. I just hope that it doesn't stick out and wreck the theme of Main Street. On another note, the Willy Wonker store was being worked on last time I was there... let's hope that they touch up on some other buildings while it's quite. The speaker (and whole window) was missing off one of the buildings and you could see the internal roof from the street. It's been like that for a while. However, there's a high chance that it has been fixed by now... hopefully!

Edited by ash.1111

As you will know sometimes the change machine doesn't work so when you go into the stall they cant open the reggie with out a sale so you can either WAIT! for a sale or buy some mints for a $1 or toughen up and go on another ride
Honestly, the lockers should be free for the duration of your ride... It's because of the ride that you can't take items on, so it's only fair that MW *should* provides a safe free place to leave your belongings.

Well what annoys me is that I will HAVE to back to MW to get my QLD VIP pass done a fourth time or something... everytime they print they either spell my name wrong or its already expired and the other day I was asked did you purchase this pass in 2006??? ITS BEEN AROUND SINCE LAST YEAR, how could I have purchased it that many years ago, (which they were also very rude) so I decided im not gonna waste my day lining up AGAIN I stayed for the day and at 5pm I went over to it to have it done, witht the place already shut, but still some people were in there. I asked could I go in as my pass had the wrong date and front gate staff told me they wouldn't let me in again, she told me no, come back another day. I told her I can't they told me they want let me in. She rudly and flatly said no I should have known what time they stopped doing passes (you think for guests it would be once people have exited not before 5) and I simply told her you should have known you stuffed up my pass 3 times and walked off. I dont really think I want to go back to get it fixed. Other things happened so I could have my pass fixed...only to be meet by rude staff. And the first time they spelt my name wrong no one knew how to change it and reprint after ages of trying to fix it they still got it wrong!!! It just annoys me... once fair enough, everyone makes mistakes... but three?

On another note, the Willy Wonker store was being worked on last time I was there... let's hope that they touch up on some other buildings while it's quite. The speaker (and whole window) was missing off one of the buildings and you could see the internal roof from the street. It's been like that for a while. However, there's a high chance that it has been fixed by now... hopefully!
They are doing another tech box for the HSD.If you walk in to HSD and go down to the end they took off the cover. :S

Sorry to drift off topic, but it's really frustrating me - Wonka doesn't end in ER. A bigger tech box that would handle all of the vision mixing equipment, that wasn't required during PASS might be the reason - vision mixers and switchers can take up a bit more room than just audio and pyro... maybe fit more monitors in so they can see all the cameras large enough to make sense of them? *pure speculation - but who knows....

Well what annoys me is that I will HAVE to back to MW to get my QLD VIP pass done a fourth time or something... everytime they print they either spell my name wrong or its already expired and the other day I was asked did you purchase this pass in 2006??? ITS BEEN AROUND SINCE LAST YEAR, how could I have purchased it that many years ago, (which they were also very rude) so I decided im not gonna waste my day lining up AGAIN I stayed for the day and at 5pm I went over to it to have it done, witht the place already shut, but still some people were in there. I asked could I go in as my pass had the wrong date and front gate staff told me they wouldn't let me in again, she told me no, come back another day. I told her I can't they told me they want let me in. She rudly and flatly said no I should have known what time they stopped doing passes (you think for guests it would be once people have exited not before 5) and I simply told her you should have known you stuffed up my pass 3 times and walked off. I dont really think I want to go back to get it fixed. Other things happened so I could have my pass fixed...only to be meet by rude staff. And the first time they spelt my name wrong no one knew how to change it and reprint after ages of trying to fix it they still got it wrong!!! It just annoys me... once fair enough, everyone makes mistakes... but three?
wow man i feel for you. Don't give up though, if you know your right be persistant. Once they admit to their mistake you might even be rewarded an extra year entry or something for the hasstle. I'd be fighting for it. Let us know what happens :)

Hey everyone....after reading this post and my own experiences with WVTP I don't think I am going to renew my WVTP mega pass this year. My Pass expired at the end of Jan and I have to renew it this month to qualify for the renewal discount. I still have my DW platinum pass which is good till August. I have had the Mega Pass for 2 years now...and don't get me wrong I have been a huge WVTP supporter in the past. But after the last 12 months I am not so sure if I can say I have the desire to renew. ...SNIP... When we go to Dreamworld, although we feel the ride ops are a bit slow and the park is not perfect. There is definately much better service, reasonable food and merchandise discounts for annual holders, separate express entry.... I think we may only renew the DW pass this year unless WVTP come up with a reason for me to sign up again.
I have to say I echo your sentiments ENTIRELY! (to the point of wondering if I had actually written this reply and had forgotten doing so..I actually did check the author while reading!) I have purchased two mega passes for two years running now and with a renewal email sent this week (how about a friggen expiry date in that email)...and am considering not renewing. Mainly because I think the the pass has lost too much value... Being a fully paid, 3 park pass holder should come with some perks...especially when they are out there flogging essentially the same thing for a third of the price. Some of the ideas I had were (mostly identical to those previously posted)
  • Exclusive Events (such as the early opening of kamakazi)
  • Better discounts or included entry to halloween
  • Complimentry locker hire at WnW
  • Decent discounts when bringing guests...dropping this to 25% from 50% during b'day month is cheap and crappy and 10% is nothing...I can get cheaper off a supermarket receipt
  • Not to mention, that now every man and his dog has his own VIP pass...the parks are busier than ever and I'm waiting longer in queues...for $250 I should be the damn VIP.
  • And losing the ability to pay month to month after the first year was a pain too. (what a failed attempt at marketing that was...it should have been a killer...monthly payments and auto renewing membership till you opt out...seems like a no brainer, but something that they failed to implement)

All I can suggest is sending your thoughts through to the company...I'm certainly planning to..and what sort of response I get will probably determine if I renew. There needs to be something in it for my extra $150 over a VIP pass other than freakin discounts on spending more money in their stores. The fact of the matter is that $250-$300 can get me one way to singapore or tokyo...and considering that I'm getting nothing special from WVTP, I'd rather spend the money on that and visit some world class parks. Jay

I have the VIP pass, and they spelt my name incorrectly too. I just didn't see the point in going back to correct it - it's not like they're going to check my pass against my drivers license after doing it when I got the card in the first place. I used to visit the VRTP parks a lot when I first got the card, but recently I've just been sticking with Wet N Wild if I do go. A friend and I went to Movieworld a few weeks back and rode Scooby Doo just before heading to Wet N Wild and waited 45mins, and they dark room was disappointing (which seems to be the norm now days). The new shop on the corner was open, but it looked like another ice cream shop. Seems odd to have a new one there when there's another just 1 minutes walk away. I'd say get ready for the Ice Cream Parlor to die. I really don't see me purchasing another pass any time soon. When this one expires, I think I'll get an Annual World Pass up the road - and if those are available cheaper any time soon, I'll be getting one then.

The ice cream shop and the corner shop are totally different. The only ice cream that the corner shop serves is soft-serve. I think it's a good move. However, I'm worried about some of the buildings on Main Street. A few of the windows are missing and you can see the internal roof...

Edited by ash.1111