djrappa

(de)construction

60 posts in this topic

Well anyone who has driven past Wet n Wild in the last few days would certainly notice the big ole crane down in H2O zone. They have begun removing vast sections of the slides and supports that were the two outside jet streams. Keep an eye on things in the next weeks to see what is happening to these two slides that have been closed nearly all of summer.

Whoa... are they getting rid of the JetStreams?! They were only reasonably new rides, but very painful at the same time. I wonder if they will get rid of the Sidewinders too, as they could build something even bigger using the whole footprint of both slides. Thanks for the update anyway I might have to take a sticky beak one day.

We haven't had to say goodbye to them have we? The outside jet streams were up there with Tornado as my favourite things in the park. Though if they are up for replacement then clearly and substitute would have to end up being pretty good, given the height they have to work with.

I can't wait to see what is going in there. Even if it is a replacement and they are the same as they other ones though I hope for something varied.

Well after a week off the cranes are back to day as you can see driving down the M1. I'm guessing slide pieces are about to start going back in. Perhaps we will see these new slides by the Easter Holidays!

Being my favourite slides in the park, it would be great if they managed to remove the 'back pain'! If this was Dreamworld we'd probably never see them again.

I would have it so all 3 are different. More interesting/varied that way...
+1

Yeah can someone who has any info on this clear it up are we seeing new slides or just a refurb because from what i had heard as i asked around about it was the slides are going back.

I never really liked the Jet Streams because of how much they hurt your back... however the airtime was INSANE on them. If they have managed to fix the back scraping issue those slides will be freaking insane!

I never really had it happen though....Whenever I go to WnW the Jetstreams are one of the things I'll 'whore' because of the short queue and good ride experience, so even multiple rides weren't causing the damage you speak of.

Edited by Gazza

Each person is different though. But a slide should not be causing pain no matter who the rider is. I would assume this would be part of the reason why they are renovating it. Also... Jetstreams were prone to MEGA Wedgies!

You could always tell if someone had just got off the Jet Streams though, red shoulder blades and a red line doing down there back. Never experienced any pain bar a wedgie at the bottom

Eeek. You know wha really hurts? Sun burnt while riding the Jet streams. Its not pleasent =[ The Jetstream type slide in Waterbom Bali was the best thing ever. I dont know how they do it but its 100% smooth all the way + splashdown.

A little of topic but I just found this.

The Extreme H2O Zone is the hottest place to be this Easter. Thrill seekers can experience the ultimate rush on FIVE gigantic new slides that are sure to get pulses racing! 1. Experience Kamikaze and lose control in a two-person tube and plunging down a sheer 11m U-shaped drop at an angle of 70 degrees. 2. Blackhole features two enclosed slides that catapult you into pitch black spirals of darkness. You don't know which way you're turning next, and you don't see a thing until you hit the final splashdown! Awesome! 3. Mach 5 features three adrenaline pumping high-speed body slides - definitely not for the faint hearted. The Mach 5 also features 200 metres of twists and turns through open air flumes. 4. Tornado takes you on a wild journey, blasting down a 40-metre long tunnel into the middle of a storm. Spin around the Tornado's funnel, splashing back and forth through the menacing, swirling water. The exciting experience will culminate as you are sent hurtling through the eye of the storm to the calm waters below. 5. Surfrider is the World's first wet coaster and the latest in cutting edge adrenalin pumping thrill rides! Ever wondered what it's like to ride some of the biggest waves in the world? Surfrider delivers the experience with major thrills as you plummet 30 metres through wild water sprays while spinning on a giant surfboard - Insane! The new ride, which seats up to 12 people at a time, travels along a 67m giant U shaped track and accelerates at 0.7G and pulls negative 4.0G.
Five gigantic new slides? Come on Most of these were put in during 2005, how are they new? the only thing new are the body slide replacements which by the description above are probably just new but with the same design.

Probably due to the Abrupt airtime you got on the 2 outside ones... Most likely WPHS got in on it. I don't know for certain though... but it seems logical. They like doing things like this despite no injuries have been caused... Just like Bermuda Triangle's rotating platform.