(de)construction

rappa

Yep, while I think the layout is not original or new they will still be good rides especially if they are anything like the middle one. I think this is a great upgrade and I hope we see something else plonked in at WnW this year. BTW who manufactured the new slides?

Well I was lucky enough to see them putting in the last piece today to finish the first slide. You can see from the photos how the new slides will look. I must say I have to commend the park on spending so much time, effort and money into finding a way to keep these slides open. Could have been much easier just to close them permanently and not worry about it. I'm quite happy to see a lot of little projects like this going on, it's stuff like this that improves the quality of the parks and the guest experience, but really can't be marketed or used to bring in more revenue. It takes a more long term approach to management to see the benefits of ongoing works such as these, and I really appreciate that.

post-48-1239027853_thumb.jpg

post-48-1239027876_thumb.jpg

post-48-1239027889_thumb.jpg

Wow, another mature post from you Whitsy, such a contributor. You should perhaps take the time to read and understand posts before you shoot your virtual gob off. Its not the waterslide that is exciting, its the park actually bothering to do the work to get it running.

Exactly. I think it is great that they have decided to do something with the defunct Jetstreams. New waterslides look so great and really improve the look and feel of the park. Little improvements like these are a step in the right direction and will decrease wait times (though minimally) on all other attractions due to two extra, working slides in the park. It is excellent to see a park investing money back into attractions that could have very easily been left to waste away just as djrappa stated. I hope that the Terror Canyons are next on the list for repair/replacement.

I also find this to be a great move by the park and Warner Village like said earlier towards Movie World this year is a year for touch ups things that prob won't be so well maintained when bigger things are of concern and on the agenda by the parks. Its amazing as to how many little things are going on in the parks. Jet streams refurbishment. Terror canyon refurbishment yet to be started. Corkscrew Refurbishment plus addition of on-ride photo's. Touch ups to both china town and parts of the western section at Movie World Touch ups to the Dirty Harry's bar area/outside Prop additions and changes to Main street at Movie World Being 3 months just gone things are looking quite nice at the moment and these small changes are creating for a better park experience for all. Think about how much has been done over the last 12 months by Warner Village theme parks. Main street roof (WBMW) Ticket booth sails (WBMW) Bus shelter sails (WBMW) Hollywood Stunt Driver (WBMW) Added and changed scenes at AOS Kamikaze (WnW) Jet rescue (SW) Ray Reef (SW) Changes and upgrades to Sea World Resort and water park 3 Added shows at Movie World Jet streams refurbishment. Terror canyon refurbishment yet to be started. Corkscrew Refurbishment plus addition of on-ride photo's. Touch ups to both china town and parts of the western section at Movie World Touch ups to the Dirty Harry's bar area/outside Prop additions and changes to Main street at Movie World And the list well it goes on, So no one can say that our parks aren't doing anything to improve all the time. I think that it's great they are putting money back into the parks and the changes to these slides are a great example. And whitsy you remind me off someone else from the forums. I wonder who that could be maybe we could go back in time and find out, but that means we need the help from...... To be continued. :P

Well put Nathan. It certainly is an impressive list. Keep up the maintenance WVTP.

And whitsy you remind me off someone else from the forums. I wonder who that could be maybe we could go back in time and find out, but that means we need the help from...... To be continued. :P
Hehehehe, I wonder :P Edited by cadboy

^^^, ^^, ^, Why is it that nobody on here can tell the difference between who is batman/doc brown and who is not? His 'brand' of annoyance is pretty distinctive to your average annoying poster. Though, I will point out we have done a yet another banning of doc brown again in the past week.

Edited by Gazza

It might be time to consider IP Banning? Anyway, we should get back onto the topic here. I have mixed reactions about the Jet Stream's Refurb. I am very glad to see Wet'n'Wild Making these improvements to older rides (despite not being that old) I can only hope that Terror Canyon's refurbishment does not change the overall experience of the ride. It was one of my favorite waterslides with all the "speed bumps" and optical effects. Truly unique to Australia I will say, Black Hole is nothing compared to these 2 slides IMO.

I can only hope that Terror Canyon's refurbishment does not change the overall experience of the ride. It was one of my favorite waterslides with all the "speed bumps" and optical effects. Truly unique to Australia I will say, Black Hole is nothing compared to these 2 slides IMO.
Totally agree with you there. White Water Mountain and the Terror Canyon slides were Wet 'n' Wild's first themed attractions. And what a great job they did of it. This was followed up with Calypso Beach - again another well themed and presented attraction. I remember seeing the brochure as a kid and loving the graphics showing 2 guests in an inflatable boat plunging through a waterfall at the exit to the mountain. It made me want to visit the park - the first time I'd ever had that desire. I have been very concerned with the very basic nature of the more recent additions to Wet 'n' Wild (H20 Zone for example). Certainly no theming and very minimal presentation. It takes away from the atmosphere. Here's hoping they either restore the Terror Canyon's to their original states or replace with something of a similar standard

There is nothing wrong with Black Hole, the ride itself is very fun. But it just does not offer the same experience that Terror Canyon does, the effects just give it that edge. For example, which would you find more enjoyable... Wild West Falls with all it's ORIGINAL theming, or Wild West Falls with the bare basics. Same goes for something like Bermuda Triangle. Guest's do also appreciate a little bit of effort, amazingly.

Yeah Spotty's right about Black Hole. When I went on during the Christmas Holidays I really enjoyed it because it was nice and dark. I didn't really notice the slowness that some mention as I was having to much fun. Though I haven't ridden them for ages the Terror Canyons were my favourite rides when I first went to WnW. I loved the themeing, layout and setting. It just worked so well as an attraction IMO.

whysoserious batrchannel mrt seven gazza2 Doc Brown Batman
Wow 7 accounts, is that a record? Edited by cadboy

On the other Terror canyon has really long straights punctuated by really long helices, slowed down by those brakes.
I can only remember a little from the ride, but what I do remember is that the brakes were annoying. Wern't they just think bits of rubber on the bottom of the slide? Edited by cadboy