Could/Is Wonderland relocating or changing setup?

rewindniwer

IN MY OPINION.....i think wonderland could be considering either relocating or changing the setup of the entire park slowly. I mean gradually the rides have been dissapearing or moving, and the whole wildlife park movement all points towards it. AND their are restrictions the apply with the location of the park. And the could be expansions with the water park (which i believe is getting a seperate entrance) or the wildlife park which pulls in stax of overseas tourists. But even if the expensive move is a possibility think of the money they could make if the build a giga coaster or another higher and betta themed probe...... :?:

Rewindniwer, welcome to the forum old son. Good to have you on board. However, please watch the spelling. Just quietly, there is a resident Spelling Nazi wandering around.... DIASPPEARING, THERE, SEPARATE, STACKS (if you really have to use that word), BETTER. When you say changing the setup, what do you mean? The only rides that have relocated have come from elsewhere (i.e. HB) to 'patch up' holes left by rides removed. They've been disappearing because they are all mostly old, second hand rides. Parts get hard to come by, get louder, more expensive and much harder to fix. That's why. It's fair enough they are removed, but everyone's frustration with the place comes from them not being replaced. Wildlife Park movement? What are you talking about? Enlighten us all will you? Restrictions? What are they? Other than height. You can't get too much more of a remote location without being in the sticks.. Great location right there, 1 minute from the Motorway off ramp, however near nothing else basically. The Beach having its own entrance seems logical. I like it. I've thought about that before. Charge people ten or twelve bucks to get in the Beach only. That can be done and would be easy to police anyone that might try and dodge the 50 bucks park admission. Maybe too logical for them. They're not going to move! Where are they going to get land in Sydney that is worth so much money by putting houses on it? They don't need to move. The cost would be astronomical. They'd need all new rides because I'm tipping the existing ones wouldn't like a move too much. Why would they purchase more land when they're sitting on $50 million worth?

Ok..first of all i can tell u must be oldr than me judging by the way u type. U must have neva chatted on the net b4 or evr been near a teenage site cos things like betta and stax are simply our generations form of typing so u can screw that. No where did it say to use 'proper words'. When i set setting up i met changing the entire layout of the park. It has begun and could continue. And wonderland is obviously doing sumthing, removing rides that are supposedly 'old' and NOT adding new ones....doesnt that seem a little strange. Plus selling the land for factories, that is right in the entrance. Yea they could be in debt but highly unlikely for a company that owns a theme park in malaysia. From what i have heard, i am not saying it is true but i follow that the wildlife park owns the HB land area, and it was only leased to the theme park. Having the lease ran out they r now having trouble with moving the rides which adds to the reason of moving or adjusting the park. Do you actually think the wonderland board would agree that they have a perfect location. I mean half the park has lost its theme, like 3/4 of the park....3/4 of its customers has been lost. Dont get me started on its situation next to walgrove rd. P.S i aint new at this stuff, ive heard alot and read alot, and i have grew up with wonderland.....dont treat me like an idiot and AINT an 'old son'

Welcome! It's common courtesy to spell correctly so we can actually read what you are saying with ease. I'm most probally your age (13, 14?) and I spell correctly for the sake of other people. Don't go flaming Daniel just because he corrected you on a few mis-spelt words. Daniel was in no way treating you like an idiot, he gave you a nice warm welcome. They're are removing old rides and not adding new rides because they don't want to spend money. All they care about is profit they are currently getting, and not thinking about what profit they can make with a few new rides. Why did they sell the land off? Because they wanted more money. Simple as that. ~Liam

Geez, u's ppl are confused....the only reason i type slang is bcos it allows u, i mean, you to type with ease. No where did it say that you must ype that way, but wateva turns u on. AND it isnt my problem that you dont have anytime to read other ppls messages, some courtesy you were talking about. As far as i have read, you people are those that most use this website and you people are the ones that give a negative impression to those newer users. But anyway, ill start over bcos i aint as slack

No we're saying you should type properly, not that you're saying we have to type slang. I for one find it extremely difficult to read your posts (or anyone’s for that matter if they are like this) with all that **** in them because they don't use proper words and have any punctuation. Its one thing in a 2 line sentence in a chat window. Its another when your writing an extensive post on a forum. All I said was I don't have time now to comment on the sheer crap that you wrote, I will later...and don't you worry I'll be sure to let you know what I think of it then :-p Over to you Danny boy!

Poor old Rewindniwer.... what sort of a name is that? We can't even make sense out of your name! We don't give new users a bad impression because they give us no reason to, unlike you. You've come out with all guns blazing. New Years in tomorrow night you fire cracker! Richard, would you say your site is directed at teenagers? I think more than likely not. I wouldn't call this a teenage site. Richard will probably be offended at that statement of yours. It's for those who are coaster enthusiasts, those that know what they're talking about and for those with first hand experience in a theme park who enjoy the banter that goes on in here and come on for no more than a laugh. You sound as though you don't fit into any of those categories. How can you call this a teenage site you dolt. Way to make an impression hey? You really know how to make yourself fit in within a community don't you? Your personal and communication skills sound like absolute rubbish, hence us not being able to decipher exactly what you're trying to dribble out. Are you always this stupid or are you making a special effort today? I'll call you whatever the hell I want when you type like that, old son. How can you take offence to that? I gave you nothing more than a warm welcome and agreed with you 100% on certain aspects. What makes you think I'm older than you just because I can actually structure a sentence and I actually have a little diction in my posts, unlike you? I've been around on the net before, obviously not to the extent you have with your unbelievable keyboard skills and diction clarity. It's common courtesy to write in a legible manner for all to be able to read and reply to. I didn't have a go at you. You've got the fuse of a bee's d*ck you knucklehead. Not only are you using short hand, but the words you do actually spell are abysmal. You've got a lot to learn in this life. I can tell you, without even meeting you your attitude stinks and you're not going anywhere ever when you carry on like that and make unsubstantiated allegations that you can't back up. You've been here 5 mins and pis*ed at least 3 of us off already. If you want to carry on like that, we don't want you here you clown. We don't have time for your childish, immature rubbish. That's all that last post of yours was. No one has even started on you yet. You want to see how nasty some of us can get? You've got more hide than a team of elephants you drop kick. Go ahead, tell us all everything you know. It'll only take 10 seconds. Don't patronise any of us. You have no idea about any of our backgrounds, so go and get stuffed. No it doesn't seem strange they're removing and not replacing rides. It simply means they've got no money to do so. Wonderland doesn't own a theme park in Malaysia you idiot. Try the other way around, and Sunway has plenty of money. Go check it out for yourself and get back to us. Who do you think are the Wildlife Park? Is Wonderland leasing land to themselves these days? You're making a lot (notice how I spelled a lot!), of uninformed statements that are nothing more than dribble. I think they've got a great location! It's central to the working class of the west, without being too far from the rest of Sydney. Easily accessible by car, bus and train. You say you've grown up with Wonderland... haha... it's left you behind young man. You haven't grown up at all. Where do I begin you illiterate person you? Firstly, I is always a capital when it is used on its own. I, OLDER, YOU, NEVER, BEFORE, EVER, BECAUSE, BETTER, STACKS, YOU, NOWHERE, I, I, MEANT, SOMETHING, DOESN’T, I, I, I, RUN, ARE, DON’T, WALLGROVE, AM NOT, I’VE, A LOT, A LOT, I, DON’T. I hope you can start again. Go to the Introduce Yourself section in Chit-Chat and go from there. An apology to all concerned will be a good start.

First of all, i can guarantee that a large percentage of people that walk in the gates of Wonderland a teenagers. And by the second paragraph you were already refuting what I was has suggested was happening. Every single word that has dribbled out of your mouth and everyone elses, has only been rumour, I mean look back to those from march and april they were crap that never was true. And the comment that Wonderland is only interested in profit, happy customers + rides = profit. Getting rid of rides does not mean they r interested in profit. And to Daniel, I am sorry if I interpretted your messages wrong, but hey, we both feel for that. But I think that those other uses should welcome and be open to newer uses and their customs to the internet. l8ter P.S My name is rewind, then rewind backwards, you can figure (hard to word)

Rewind, Did you mean INTERPRETED? It's not just the shorthand that does it, it's putting two words together that just don't go, or leaving 4 out in between. Your diction is terrible. Please read through your posts before you post. I'm not talking about Wonderland's customers mate. We're talking about who the target of this forum is. It's not teenagers, obviously like yourself, and not adults either. It's just people who are interested in or know a little bit about theme parks. Look at when I joined, October! How can I have 'dribbled out' rumours back that far? I haven't dribbled off any rumours if my recollection serves me correctly. Usually always fact, if not opinion. Get your own material by the way. If getting rid of rides doesn't mean profit, what does it mean? Come on mate... Read It's Time To Go... and you'll see the rides that have gone over the years and not been replaced. It's all part of the grand scheme, I get it.... ;) I'm with you now... Wonderland's going to become Australia's Disneyland with record breaking rides. Riiiiightttt....

Getting rid of rides does not mean they r interested in profit
Why are they in business then? What sort of a stupid statement is that? Are they a non-profit organisation now are they? That could quite easily be the most stupid thing anyone has ever posted on this forum mate. I'm sorry. Of course they're there to make money, like any business. Silly remark mate, silly remark. They would have been willing to be more receptive of you mate until you shot your mouth off. What did you expect? Surely nothing different after being here 5 mins. Sure if you're going to slag someone off, go ahead, it's great fun and we love it on this forum but at least have a reason to do it and be able to back up your accusations. Don't just fly of the bloody handle. Sorry I couldn't work out your name, my mind doesn't work backwards unlike some. ;) I hope you had a good Christmas and it's good to have you on board. Hopefully you'll get a little bit of maturity to your posts soon and we'll have a great time. Welcome, OLD SON!

Lets get that straight, obviously the aim of a theme park is to gain profit, by getting people to enjoy themselves, hence rides. If you get rid of the rides, you are not gaining any profit at all. You are basically getting rid of the profit you could have gained. Profit is the money you make, not the moeny you use and then get thrown back at you. And ever since I was 5 I have had a wonderpass, and let me tell you I have seen the rides drop from the map. I think just by that you should be able to see that, yes, " I am person interested in and know about theme parks". Now, from there on in your message you lost me, i aint gonna argue that (no offence). L8ter

the only reason i type slang is bcos it allows u, i mean, you to type with ease
The only reason we use 'proper' words is because it allows other people to read with ease. A word or two here isn't that bad, but a whole post of it is too much. Anyway, in your last couple of posts, you've attempted to type better, so that's good enough by me :D Wonderland ain't going anywhere. They've got a good spot. Daniel was right, closing rides and moving them was about profit. Nothing more to it then that really. About HBL, the land didn't expire, the license to use the Hana-Babara characters did. Hence why the area was called 'Little Wonder's Land' for a while there.

But if you think about it, they could be changing the layout. There carpark area is massive they could fit an entirely new themed area there. And the whole factory thing. That i dont understand, why would they sell the land directly infront of the entrance, why not way back in the car park. And still getting rid of the rides, does not get profit. It may get some extra money but again not profit. Theres your maturity Daniel...Plus the whole expiration date of HB did not mean they had to close the area/land

Little bit too intelligent for you was it mate? I don't mind you arguing the fact about anything, go ahead. You'll get blown down though so be careful if we don't agree with you when you shoot your mouth off. What the hell does your post mean? Try again in English. Don't patronise any of us. I won't tell you again. Other than being a guest, what other knowledge do you have of rides? I'm not saying you don't have an interest, I said you more than likely have no idea what you're talking about. A lot of us have operated these rides for years mate and know them better than you know yourself. By closing HB, they closed off a whole area you crazy man. A whole area that doesn't need maintenance of any type. Upto 60 odd staff that don't need to be paid. The less rides in the park the more you don't have to pay out for maintenance etc. That's common sense. By removing rides they're saving by the truck load. Less staff they have to pay. I'm convinced it's the reason HB closed. That's probably saving them $10,000 a day.

No they don't. I have never said they have and have always encouraged opinion unless you're going off your rocker like you did. You're patronising again. That's a bad habit of yours old son, it will get you into trouble one day. We all know about the change of name. I never said you said any different. I was using it an an example of saving money. Close off the whole area, close a few rides and save money. How about you read more carefully before you post?

rewinder, do you have any idea of how much land Wonderland still has, even after they sold the land for the business park? There is more than enough room to make the park absolutely huge. The only restriction they have is a height one caused by the proximity to Hoxton Park airport and the planned Badgerys Creek airport. The Beach will not get a sperate entrance due to a couple of reasons, one it is an outdoor, non-heated water park that closes in winter. The second is where would they put the entrance? On Wallgrove Rd with no car park? Or where LG is building there new factory? I think not. Now onto your spelling, you have to understand that there is a time and place for the type of 'spelling' you use and that is a chat room or instant messenger. This is a forum and it is expected that your posts can be read and understood by everyone. Where do you get your figures about Wonderland losing 3/4 of there customers, if this were true the park would not be open today. Less rides + less shops + less gardens = more profit. This means less staff to pay, less maintenance costs on rides/gardens/shops and did the entry price go down when this happened? No it didn't that means more money in the bank for Wonderland. So I would say that removing a ride or area of the park does mean a profit increase. If you have had a Wonderpass since you were five then tell me has the price increased or decreased? Yes Wonderland could put and new land in the car park, but what good would that do? Where are all the extra customers going to park? On Wallgrove Rd with the customers for the new Beach entrance? You are right, ending the contract with HB did not mean the closure of the area and didn't, it was several months before the land closed after the contract finished. PS. My next post is just for you rewind. "The Bus is now leaving for Hungry Mother State Park, Virginia, USA"

“ASU, ainigriV, kraP etats rehtoM yrgnuH rof gnivael won si suB ehT” .dniwer uoy rof tsuj si tsop txen yM .SP .dehsinif tcartnoc eht retfa desolc dnal eht erofeb shtnom lareves saw ti ,t’ndid dna aera eht fo erusolc eht naem ton did BH htiw tcartnoc eht gnidne ,thgir era uoY ?ecnartne hcaeB wen eht rof sremotsuc eht htiw dR evorgllaW nO ?krap ot gniog sremotsuc artxe eht lla era erehW ?od taht dluow doog tahw tub ,krap rac eht ni dnal wen dna tup dluoc dnalrednoW seY ?desaerced ro desaercni ecirp eht sah em llet neht evif erew uoy ecnis ssaprednoW a dah evah uoy fI .esaercni tiforp a naem seod krap eht fo aera roe dir a gnibomer that yas dluow I oS .dnalrednoW rof knab eht ni yenom erom snaem that y’ndid ti oN ?deneppah siht nehw nwod og ecirp yrtne eht did dna spohssnedragsedir no stsoc ecnanetniam ssel ,yap ot ffats ssel snaem sihT .tiforp erom = snedrag ssel + spohs ssel + sedir sseL .yadot nepo eb ton dluow krap eht eurt erew siht fi ,sremotsuc ereht fo 43 gnisol dnalrednoW tuoba serugif rouy teg uoy od erehW .enoyreve yb dootsrednu dna daer eb nac stsop rouy that detcepxe si ti dna murof a si siht .regnessem tnatsni ro moor tahc a si that dna esu uoy ‘gnilleps’ fo rpyt eht rof ecalp dna emit a si ereht taht dnatsrednu ot evah uoy , gnilleps ruoy otno woN .ton kniht I ?yrotcaf wen ereht gnidliub si GL erehw rO ?krap rac on htiw dR evorgllaW nO ?ecnartne eht tup yeht dluow erehw si dnoces sht .retniw ni sesolc taht krap retaw detaeh-non ,roodtuo na si ti eno ,snosaer fo elpuoc a ot eud ecnartne etareps a teg ton lliw hcaeB ehT .tropria keerC syregdaB dennalp eht dna tropria kraP notxoH ot ytimixorp eht yb desuac eno thgieh a si evah yeht noitcirtser ylno ehT .eguh yletulosba krap eht ekam ot moor hguone naht erom si erehT ?krap ssenisub eht rof dnal eht dlos yeht retfa neve ,sah llits dnalrednoW dnal hcum woh fo aedi yna evah uoy od ,redniwer

Good one Wonderbus....Perhaps he'll realise that people (ppl ) read this site for entertainment & NOT to learn a second language :D With regards to WL moving....WHERE would he get an idea like that? True, they haven't added a new ride since Adam was a boy, but they are obviously making a ton of cash as they have no competition in Sydney. It's really very sad when you look back & can remember the days when they would add some new ride every year. Still, they were owned by a different company then that obviously had some vision on entertainment :twisted:

rewindniwer, You're going to have to typing using whole words, punctuating and other basics of the English language. Type however you want in your chat rooms or Avril Lavigne fan sites, but here at Total Thrills you're going to use conventional English. "It's easier" is not good enough. Take the time to type correctly, or don't obther at all. I'm not going to waste my time reading unstructured dribble, and neither will many other people. If you're not writing stuff people can read, then you're not meaningfully contributing to this site, and are wasting my money and time. You've improved already, and let's keep going in that direction. By all means post here, but take the time to post so that people will actually read what you say.

To the infamous REWINDER or however you spell it! ( You must be a very sad person. I do feel sorry for you. But I must say this "YOU NEED TO GROW UP AND GET A NEW ATTITUDE" cause people like you make me extremely mad x If I were your parent, one thing for sure I'd give you a big clip across the ear, for the disrespect and your appauling attitude you have shown in this forum, especially since your new. Maybe, rewinder you need to go the Romper Room internet site or Sesame Street site as it sounds like your cup of tea! And to Richard, please accept my apology for bagging someone which I dont normally do, but PLEASE!

Cut the child a break people. All he/she did was react in a "normal" childish way to some criticism (albeit very constructive and gently phrased) levelled at him/her by Daniel. I certainly agree that correct spelling and grammar is very important; if a post is not written legibly then I simply won't read it. Responding in kind by name calling and the like only feeds the troll.