Scenic Railway video

Auscoaster

Hi all, this is my first post here. I've been wandering around the site for a number of months, so greetings to everyone. I'm sure that this happens quite a bit on the Scenic Railway during high winds, but I was at the park a few days ago and the carriage stopped around the bend at the far end just before the cross over the station. Check out the video I took of it. The file is 1.7mg ( sorry for those on slow connections). One other point about the ride is that why are there still brakemen operating on it? Why aren't trim brakes just added where needed? Cheers all!!

Fantastic video! Thanks mate. What confuses me though is that there doesn't seem to be any decent on the turn around. Does the train depend on the speed once it de-attaches from the cable to make it's way around the turnaround? Apparently such incidents have occured on Bush Beast's turnaround during high winds. ~Liam

Fantastic video! Thanks mate. What confuses me though is that there doesn't seem to be any decent on the turn around. Does the train depend on the speed once it de-attaches from the cable to make it's way around the turnaround? Apparently such incidents have occured on Bush Beast's turnaround during high winds. ~Liam
Thanks for our reply!!, Your right, once the train is dettached from the lift cable, then thats it!! It relies totally on speed. Last time I was on the Bush Beast was many years ago, the thing I remember from it was that it was very rough. Whats it like now? Scenic Railway was incredibly rough, in a way it's roughness kind of takes a bit away from it's experience.

Huss, what is OMGGGGG? That's 5 times as blasphemous isn't it? Re: the wind thing on Bush Beast, it doesn't have to be that quick, just blowing the wrong way. 25 km/h+ North-West direction. Bush Beast is a lot more rough than when you would have been on it. Still rough mate. I wouldn't sit at the back ever! She's a bitch nowadays.

Actually since the modifications have been made to the ride, it is actually quite smooth in all areas of the train. I believe this only goes for the yellow train though, as I rode the red train a few weeks ago which nearly broke my back! ~Liam
I was riding on the red train and like yourself, it nearly put my back out!!!!