AVPX

I was unaware of this website, and forums until recently when they were brought to my attention by Dreamworld. Having viewed the posts leading up to the opening of AVPX, I could sense a great deal of anticipation by Forum posters, and Dreamworld regulars. Even my company, The Sudden Impact! Entertainment Company was mentioned positively in the lead up and I must say I felt both personal pride, and a great deal of nervous energy as our team worked tirelessly to create an awesome new attraction experience for Dreamworld, and its guests. It is probably true that the harshest critics, are those who visit the park(s) regularly, and while I felt that we would more than satisfy the general attendance at Dreamworld, I was secretly hoping to inspire the most jaded visitor....that was my goal, and of course to create a kick ass laser based, interactive experience. I believe that we have succeeded and the posts since opening seem to reflect that, so to you posters, I say a big thankyou for the thumbs up! AVPX is our fifth attraction at Dreamworld, and we genuinely love coming down to the park. Please enjoy AVPX as many times as you can, but remember, we have designed the playing arena to be smarter than you....so good luck with your high scores!!!! Lynton V Harris Chairman & CEO The Sudden Impact! Entertainment Company New York*Hollywood*Sydney*London www.suddenimpactentertainment.com

Well, as promised I went to Dreamworld yesterday to check out AVPX. I also made my thoughts clear on the attraction and was overall very impressed. A few little things that I would like to see adjusted, but I think as the attraction settles in all that will be rectified. I have also attached a few photos to show the detail within the holding area's prior to the briefing bays. There was no signs saying I could not take photos within those rooms, but I did not just to avoid being yelled at :P I will be heading down there probably next week so I could get some more pics then :)AVPX1.jpg As seen from the Game Site near Reef Diver AVPX2.jpg As seen looking towards the entrance of the attraction AVPX3.jpg As seen looking towards the end of the corridor, heading towards the briefing rooms. AVPX4.jpg Showing the detail of the attraction, even the walls have had the logos put on it.

By the looks of the photo's and what everyone else has said of theming it looks as though this may become a focus for Dreamworld again and as someone said retheming on some of the rides such as TOT if the re-furbished to higher standard similar to this that everyone is talking about it would seem they are on the right path again. As long as they keep adding rides and attractions that fit the area and that if they are thrill rides they actually are thrilling and no bright goudy colours that fade quickly. On the side with the corkscrew now being bright orange who else thinks it will fade quickly???

• 4 weeks later...

Having had a chance today i headed up to Dreamworld to check out the new attraction AVPX, my first impression was the building doesn't give much to attraction unless you knew or heard about it i don't think many people would have realized it was a attraction having said that the theme is quite good both inside and out, my first impression on the op was wow how rude though you then realize its all a act. The whole attraction in all was excellent as the day went on the que time would get quicker and quicker as they started to briefed new comers as there was also a group inside, i went on the attraction about 6 times during the day it was excellent and very well done and it makes you want to go back for more with its competitive side as you get the gist of things. By the end of the day my overall top score was 2750 and i received top scorer for that round with some pretty competitive competition. Well done Dreamworld, very good move and i would say this attraction will soon become one of there most popular.

Edited by klassen24

Nathan - careful you're slipping - i counted 4 sentences in that post - and they're all blooody long. Try to break them up a bit more. Becauseotherwiseyoujustgetthewrittenimpressionthatyou'retalkingreallyfastanditshardtofollow. And counting this one, this post is also four sentences, see the difference?

I think you'll find Alex wrote this, not because because you don't use spaces but,

Becauseotherwiseyoujustgetthewrittenimpressionthatyou'retalkingreallyfastanditshardtofollow.
he was simply illustrating that if you don't use full stops your posts become hard to read and make it sound like you are talking really fast, just like the non-spaced sentence above. Am I right?

Who cares! He got the message across. It's a lot easier to read than those messages that formed as though they're sending a text message!

Nathan - careful you're slipping - i counted 4 sentences in that post - and they're all blooody long.
Don't forget to capitalise your I's.
he was simply illustrating that if you don't use full stops your posts become hard to read and make it sound like you are talking really fast, just like the non-spaced sentence above.
Don't forget to capitalise the first letter in every sentence. See how pedantic people could be if they really wanted to? Let's stick to the subject rather than acting like school teachers. :)

• 4 weeks later...

lol, yes i was there today. first time i have been in 6 years so i was quite impressed with the park overall. was a bit annoyed at the line time with AVP but didnt know it was supposed to be shorter. we were in line around 30mins. hey is the choice and entry of team random or does it always depend on which wall you walk to and does the blue team always enter the top level and get the advantage? didnt end up going on TOT today as it only seemed to randomly reach speeds enough to get near the top of the tower, also again off this topic sorry but whats with wipeout? no queue all day and no water

AVPX still seems to be running strong since opening, the only thing I could fault it on was the fact of only using 1 briefing room. I would not say my visit has improved since Easter, but it certainly has not dropped. Overall I feel that Dreamworld is in a fairly good position right now, but I wish I could say the same for WVTP. The last several times I have been there I was very disappointed in general. Also, the teams are split up and determined by which wall you stand against. The ones to the left of the room are normally the "infected" alien's and the ones on the right are the Humans. The Infected Aliens enter the arena first followed by the humans around 5 seconds later. The Infected team is able to make it to the upstairs area's before the Human's do if they run fast enough though. But the host was EVIL to me. I had around 5000 points and I accidentally shot him... so he shot me and I lost ALL my points! Bloody Douchebag... <_<

Edited by Spotty

A friend and I have spent 3 days of the last week at Dreamworld just lining up constantly for AVPX. I am a local who has been going to the park since i was a kid so nothing else interests me except tiger island and the occasional Wipeout or Claw spin if the line is too long (but the claw is having annual maintenance atm aww). If me being there for 3 days so close to each other doesn't already say it, i LOVE AVPX! The arena is fantastic, and apart from some of the packs having range or sensor issues, and no sensors on the guns, the equipment is extremely good. Especially when we got a taste of how fun the private parties will be with custom games, at the end of the day yesterday we got to go in as 6 teams of 2 as well as the operator just having some fun as his own team. The wait time difference people have mentioned would be due to whatever operators are running it that day i have found. The two guys running it yesterday were fantastic, they had themselves organised through the walky talkies so the next group was ready to go in to the arena just as we heard the countdown for the previous game. They also played the military commander role well and made it more enjoyable than other days i went. In contrast, today there was one operator who went through it by the book as if he was a flight attendant and not a character, didn't play the role and yell at people to get organised and on average took about 8 minutes longer than his co-worker. Having his style is good for first timers i guess, but going through around 10 times it got painful. Also since i have already met several regulars who will be going often (we had 5 of us going through non stop by the end of the day today just from random meeting in line). I have started a facebook group to organise meet ups for both during park hours and for private group bookings to avoid tourists and queues. I'm not sure if posting the link is allowed here but searching for avpx on facebook will lead you there :) Sorry for the long post but thank you again for such a fantastic attraction! I was worried when i heard Dreamworld was combining 3 of my favourite things. (Aliens, Predators and Laser Tag!) but it has been implemented really well. One suggestion though that has worked well at other laser tag venues is to have some video cameras setup inside and have the footage screening to the people waiting in line just so they know what the attraction is (you have no idea how many people i had to explain it to) and give us something to watch while waiting.