Lion cubs - gone!

GoGoBoy

Holy hell! That's one huge blow for Wonderland. I hope this is just a temporary thing as Wonderland could get in a heap of trouble if the public is not notified of the disappearance. There were TV ads advertising the cubs.. I wonder if Wonderland has pulled the plug on these advertisements? WTF, ~Liam

Who knows what it was. Could be public Liability Insurance (like every other problem in the industry seems to be), stress (seems likely to me, especially since Wonderland had interactive programs being run at such a young age and after they'd been in their new enclosure only for a short time), ill-health, quarantine (don't think that's an issue since I'm pretty sure the animals are from elsewhere in Aus) or even plumbing problems with the exhibit.

I just came back from a visit to Wonderland to see the deserted lion cub area. As expected, the lion cubs are gone - it doesn't look like they're coming back either. All signs have been removed inside the park. The area itself looks exactly the same, just cub-less. Going slightly off-topic now, but today Wonderland was jam packed. All rides had a fairly long line, Snowy being the busiest with a 90 minute queue. Thankfully the misters in the Snowy queue line are back up to cool the guests as they wait. Bush Beast was almost always a walk-on due to two train operation. Unfortunately the yellow train's buzz bars decided to crap out on car no 6, so that slowed the process down significantly until maintenance came along and fixed them. Mountain Cascades finally resumed operation today. It has already proven to be a crowd favourite, with a fairly long 20 minute wait. It's hilarious to watch people smash into the pool, the impact is very strong! Pictures soon on OzCoaster! ~Liam

Joz u seem to have nothing better to do in your time mate. Yes, there is more to life than worrying about a couple of lion cubs. Find a new hobby.
Where as if this was a post about which coaster Wonderland wasn't going to get then this would be worthy of conversation? Also, FYI, I have a life, so if you don't have anything more useful to add, get stuffed and have a good day. Dan, outside the square is the clue... Did they keep escaping?

Not that I know of Joz but I'm not going to say because it is much more fun this way and you'll probably find out in due course through one way or another. Staff can't help themselves if they know. Someone will spill their guts soon enough. Don't worry Wally World, I won't, as much as I should. Like I said, it's not as obvious as many seem to think, but typical Wonderland. :twisted:

Very interesting Coasterfreak. Which park used the slogan first? As previously mentioned, being that the sue-happy world we live in, that Taronga Zoo may have approached Wonderland threatening them to take legal action for use of "their" slogan. It's certainly possible, and I think I'm convinced that this is what happened. ~Liam

Okay for those of you who know, have 2 gold stars :-p As for the rest of you, does it honestly mean that much to you to desperately know why they are gone? They are gone, simple as that, so who gives a sh1t?? Don't we all have better things to do with out lives than sit and worry about some stupid bloody lions? I know I do... If you've been on these (or any really) forums for a while you will know there are those that delight in coming on and telling everyone they know the latest secret, however "due to their sources" can't devalue the info. Do we honestly by that crap? If it is fine for them to know, trust me its fine for everyone to know, but I think you'll find most of the time they don't have a clue either. So I suggest you just ignore these folk, let them come and have their song and dance alone, and maybe they'll go away :-D Because I for one am sick of listening to it, and all those that then waste time begging them to tell their secret.