Wild West Falls Speed

Reanimated35

does anyone know the ride times for WWF and average speed of the ride in both fast and slow modes? today, we went on it at around 10.20am (went straight from scooby at 10) and it was a nice slow ride where we got pretty wet on the backwards drop and soaked on the main one. we went on later in the day (about 45min-1hr in line - i didnt even know the queue extended out of that room before) and the ride was a lot faster and we didnt get too wet on the first drop due to the speed but still got soaked on the main one, and there seemed to be more water on the main one this time.

Well... I don't know this for certain, but what Reanimated said does actually make some sense. They could have been pumping the water through faster later in the day. I know that the pumps on other Log Flumes can be "primed" which can help determine how wet you get as well as the flow of water. However if you had a heap of larger riders, you will most likely get more wet. I know for a fact that if the boat is a bit lopsided... you WILL get drenched on the turn near "Ol Faithful" if you happen to be on the wrong side :P

Well... I don't know this for certain, but what Reanimated said does actually make some sense. They could have been pumping the water through faster later in the day. I know that the pumps on other Log Flumes can be "primed" which can help determine how wet you get as well as the flow of water. However if you had a heap of larger riders, you will most likely get more wet. I know for a fact that if the boat is a bit lopsided... you WILL get drenched on the turn near "Ol Faithful" if you happen to be on the wrong side :P
was the same people on both rides with the boat balanced. anyone working there shed some light for us curious ones?

Id be inclined to say that spotty is on the right track with his comment about priming. It makes the most sense to me. Depending on the ride, when the water level dips below a certain point, the operator must prime the pumps, or call a supervisor/engineer to do so. Basically, its just stopping the pumps and opening the valves, allowing the water level to rise again, before turning the pumps back on. Its usually a fairly quick process, but can dramatically change the level of soaking that the guests get. Other rides, like rapid rides, are self priming, Which basically means that the ride monitors its own output, and when it drops below a certain level, turns itself off briefly to prime, and then restarts. In this sort of situation, the operator just has to keep an eye on the output throughout operation to ensure that the ride is self priming.

Lotl_90 you hit the nail on the head. The controls for this are located at the monitoring booth which you can see when boarding the ride though as this can dramatically changes things and the rides conditions a parks engineer has to allow clearance for it to go through by entering a pin into the control monitor. Any major changes can raise levels to high which can make the boats go over the sides tracks and fly off course at the bottom splash down. This does happen now and then mainly when the water is pumped out of the rides holding pond at the start of the day and the first boats are tested there can sometimes be more water than needed.

Lotl_90 you hit the nail on the head. The controls for this are located at the monitoring booth which you can see when boarding the ride though as this can dramatically changes things and the rides conditions a parks engineer has to allow clearance for it to go through by entering a pin into the control monitor. Any major changes can raise levels to high which can make the boats go over the sides tracks and fly off course at the bottom splash down. This does happen now and then mainly when the water is pumped out of the rides holding pond at the start of the day and the first boats are tested there can sometimes be more water than needed.
so are you saying it does speed up?