House Of Wax

Just watching the movie as i type and i just had a thought. Now don't yell at me if i get this wrong but it says on IMDB that some of the film was shot in one of the sound stages IN Warner Brothers Movie World, NOT in the soundstages behind the park. But anyway Do you think MW would of turned that stage into a attraction based on the movie if it wasn't burned down? They usually do that with most movies by Warner Brothers that are filmed on the Goldie? ... don't they Discuss Also just as i'm halfway through the movie. How awesome would it have been if they kept the "ambrose" town set. I would visit that place right away. Too bad they pulled it down

Edited by MayfairProductions

As much as i loved the Ambrose town set i got a chance to be a cast extra when the film was shot back ages ago i played one of the wax people in the chapel/church at the end of the town. The set was remarkable the detail and the look of it all was very good and that would have been the perfect opportunity for the park to bring back a studio tour attraction. As for your question the sets were actually in Village roadshow sound stages not the Warner Bros ones as the Warner Bros ones were never active stages they were used only for the occasional tv show which was always hosted by the park. So the sets would never had stayed because the sound stages are for hire and the sets would have been torn down straight away as for the town it was acctually on location for a far while i know of a few security storys about kids getting in at night time ect the place got very vandalized and wasn't under very tight security after the filming. As many people may not know some of the exteriors are still on sit and can be re assembled in a matter of 3 days 70% of the sets were exterior only and have been kept in a service shed located beside the route towards paradise country. i have been in there a fair few times basically the sets are like ikea furniture they just all put together very easily.

Wow ahaha That sounds so cool. I can't wait to get into Film, Its gonna be a really hard industry to get into, but ya gotta stay positive. I'm having thoughts on going overseas after school but meh atm. .... Yeah I would have thought they would of shot over at the sound stages and not actually in the theme park with noise and what not. Also another question, where was the town constructed and placed? Dad says that it was out far away from the park itself? I'm always mentioning my dad in these posts.

As for me in the movie you prob did see me but wouldn't have been for long from memory i would have to go back and watch it. Getting into film is very hard i have for 3 years been part of a casting agency cost around $170 a year that is a min fee depending on how good you want to get i was joined with one back home down the coast (northern NSW) but am now listed with the Warner Bros one located at the film studio's basically standard fee will give you the occasional email from them talling you about open castings ect higher you go the better i have been a cast extra in House of wax, H20 just add water, i played a main role in a ABC mini series was on late last year shot at Byron Bay called East of Everything. Iv done few commercials i have done a Movie world one once when i was younger was pretty cool and exciting. As for the Ambrose town set it was located beside the access road to Paradise country and next to the working studios actually very.

Yeah. See If I can't get into film then I'm just going to continue with my business and do filming for people until i "Get big". But yet on the same note I have always wanted to work at movie world if i could not find a sufficient job in the industry. Oh what a lovely film industry us Aussies have. Its probably the same over seas too ay.

• 2 months later...