Wet 'n' Wild Phoenix

Just noticed this story about WVTP's new waterpark in Phoenix Arizona that is opening in mid-June: http://www.azcentral.com/community/northva...x-wild0425.html WVTP picked up the long term management rights for it mid last year and have spent US$30m updating the park. Think what is interesting from our perspective is that apart from the ubiquitous speed slides and Tornado the park will have: 1) Maximum Velocity a duelling water coaster (description sounds like a Whitewater West master blaster); 2) a Superbowl (again Whitewater West); 3) Desert Racers (looks like a Proslide Octopus racer in the pictures that link from the story); 4) Mammoth Falls (what sounds suspiciously like a Whitewater West family boomerango); Is this maybe a sign of attractions to come for WnW Gold Coast?

Yeah, it certainly is a pretty good lineup. Personally, I think that this could point to our WnW's future....Naturally if certain rides are successful in Phoenix then they would most likely wind up here. The dueling master blasters for instance is sufficiently different to WWWs supertubes to be a viable addition. The mammoth falls Zoomerango is not only in Phoenix, but on the cards for WnW Aussie World, and I think it is only a matter of time till WnW gets one too. The other thing I find interesting is that, bar tornado the whole park is essentially Whitewater West. And Boourns, why do they get a raft lift on their tornado?

Edited by Gazza

While tubes are provided for guest use at each attraction, guest can opt to rent an all-day tube to avoid waiting in lines for tubes and proceed directly to the ride entrance. Two types are available for rent Single Rider and Double Rider. Tubes can be rented just inside the Park gates adjacent to the Shower & Changing Facility. A portion of the rental fee is refunded at the end of the day when tubes are returned to the Tube Rental location. Tube Prices: Single Rider Tubes: $6.00 with $1.00 refund Double Rider Tubes: $12.00 with $2.00 refund
WTF???

That is one awesome looking waterpark. Thanks for posting the map Gazza. I think I'd prefer this park over our own Wet 'n' Wild. I just love the layout and presentation. It appears to be a true water park too without the mish mash of random attractions our Wet 'n' Wild has. Their lazy river looks good but I especially love the master blaster - it looks huge!

It appears to be a true water park too without the mish mash of random attractions our Wet 'n' Wild has.
Sorry, not following? I like the look of this place, I think its a fantastic looking water park. The Mammoth falls (Boomerango) looks fantastic, and is one ride I would love to see pop up somewhere on the Gold Coast. Having said that, I do wonder if they are risking leaving a bad taste in the community's mouth with the pricing and policies. Taking into account exchange rate, the brand new WnWP is more expensive to visit then WnWW, which has been building on its reputation for 25 years now. Of course, That's not including tax, parking, nor is it taking into account inner tube hire (which lets you push in? What a great way to piss people off before you've built yourself a good reputation). The introductory rate of $100+tax is also a good laugh, and I suspect that one may be rethought sooner rather then later. All I can say is they better be doing these Dive in Movies allot more regularly then they're doing them over here or there will be some very pissed of Yankees! Edited by joz

^^Mish Mash? The only 'random' thing at WnW I can think of is Surfrider, the rest of the park is a 'true' water park isn't it? PS, it wasn't me who posted it. Joz is right about the ticket prices, though its still not as overpriced as Hawaii, which charges $40 USD ($55 AUD! ) In the US, I think there is generally a lower expectation of prices compared to what we pay . Here in Australia we have some of the most expensive parks in the world, we pay as much as you pay to get into places like Alton Towers, and we pay more than places such as Europa Park, Thorpe Park, Efteling, Kings Island, Cedar Point etc.

WnWP
Haha Love it. We finally have a park chain we can abbreviate in the same manner as Six Flags...WnWP, WnWH, WnWAW, WnWGC....

My earlier reference regarding 'mish mash of random attractions' refers more to Wet 'n' Wild's H20 zone additions (and Surfrider). Poorly planned, poorly presented and randomly placed. The whole H20 Zone reminds me of Maloney's Corner at Luna Park Sydney. This new park in Phoenix looks really well planned and presented. I can't help but think many of Wet 'n' Wilds latest additions were added just for the sake of plonking in another new attraction ie. Surfrider, Kamikaze