Waterpark Refurb

GoGoBoy

I don't think anything has really changed. The water park only closed to house some of the sharks for Shark Bay. They did change the filters, since they'd converted them to filter salt water, and also resurfaced the pools, as well as taking apart and resurfacing all the kiddie slides. Long time guests to the park won't notice much of a difference.

• 3 weeks later...

I think SW should shut he water park down and give the slides to wet n wild, It takes up a lot of room and it would detract from WnW. If they didnt want to get rid of having a waterpark, they should demolish the current slides and in their place build a dense tangle of slides at the resort end to save space.

I think that'll be the ultimate fate of their water park. I think they'll keep it operating as long as they can, because it's popular and effective, but as remaining land is eaten up (with Shark Bay taking one of the last decent chunks of land left), I don't think it'd be any surprise to anyone to see it close to make way for other future attractions. It's not as if it's hard to justify doing either - they've got Wet'n'Wild down the road and it'll just increase the selling point of the hugely over-priced Three Park Super Saver.

Thats why I siad as another option they could remove current slides and replace them with a dense group of slides. Doing this wouldnt be too costly, and they could dub it as an all new attraction, or even a new themed area, Maybe what they could do is have a main tower and have 8 or so slides winding tightly around the tower into exit chutes. Then have a lazy river circumnavigating the tower.

I really think our Aussie waterparks are seriously lacking (with the exception of Wet 'n' Wild). Both Wonderland and Seaworld have EXTREMELY basic waterparks which haven't been touched since they were built years ago. It surprises me then that the parks are still so popular. It also makes me realise that Australians love being in the water so why aren't more (better) waterparks being constructed? Even if SW and WL kept their waterparks small but just replaced the existing slides with some more modern slides and attractions (as suggested already) it would be fine. Waterslides have really advanced in the last few years and there is some great stuff available now. The families that visit these parks need to start becoming more fussy re their waterpark experiences and then maybe something will be done

For what it is - a water park included in the admission to the regular park, it's not really that bad. It's about on par with Wonderland, and it's certainly better than Dreamworld's three slides that are Blue Lagoon. Most of those sweet water parks you see attached to American theme parks are additional fee, with the exception of very few, and are really no better than Wet'n'Wild. They have these enormous twisted structures with dozens of slides on them, but they are just a few different slides, with four or more of the same slide (same turns and drops all along, just in a different order so they can fit together) for capacity reasons - most single-person slides have a capacity of under 200pph. I wouldn't like your chances of getting new slides, as great as it would be. Your current slides will remain as long as they can, until they find a few new type of fishs to stick in cages (it's about time they moved onto whales - I'm sure SeaWorld Adventure Parks in America can spare some of their Shamus ;)), but I'm sure every time the thought of reconstructing the water park has come up in the past, it's always been rejected with the words "Wet'n'Wild" and "Three Park Super Saver" included somewhere.