Sea World Pirate Ship for Sale

Spotty

Park model, recently refurbished. The ride is in very good condition, it has just been decommissioned in an amusement park. Total refurbishedment a few years ago. In perfect working order. Must sell US$130,000 Euro$100,000. Can Ship worldwide, and have people available to set-up and recommission the ride if necessary. I just found this on used rides... If you search for pirate it's the 2nd advert down. www.usedrides.com

Interesting stuff, I was wondering when the Pirate Ship would go. Unfortunately I never got to ride, though I probably didn't miss much. As for the replacement, I too would like to see another flat thrill ride, maybe even a tower ride of some sort?

Somewhat of a shame to see it go but a good opportunity for another new ride.

*Mondial Topscan themed to fit into seaworld somehow!*
Wow. Didn't see that coming from you ;) How very predictable you've become Pauly :lol: Oh and this is my 1000th post, I couldn't pick of a better way to mark the occasion by mocking you... Edited by Gold Coaster

wait... The Pirate Ship is closed until further notice. - its leaving.... does that mean........ The Grand Central Train Tour is closed until further notice. is going too? or is it jsut until the remove the ship? and how long has the train been down? also just out of interest.... The Flume ride will be closed 25 May - 7 June inclusive for scheduled maintenance. didnt they just recently remake/upgrade that? and finally... The Sea World Resort Water Park will be closed from 25 May - 18 September inclusive. new rides or just maintenace or closed for the colder months?

Edited by reanimated35

Yes, the Flume Ride had extensive maintenance last year, but every ride has some down time during the year to go over things. It is also a rather short period of 10 days. The Train Line went down during the construction of Jet Rescue as well, and it seems they have not bothered to bring it back. It wasn't exactly interesting though.

The Train Line went down during the construction of Jet Rescue as well, and it seems they have not bothered to bring it back. It wasn't exactly interesting though.
not looking good. i just found the updated park map with the pirate ship removed and the train track is still pictured but there is no mention of it in the attractions list.
That thing absolutely sucks. What coaster can you build thats under 3 stories?
they could always extend the jet rescue :P

I thought the pirate ship's days might have been numbered. Lets hope they use the area wisely. With the train, I don't think it would be going anywhere really, i'm reasonably certain it will be returning eventually. It could be possible that there's a problem with the locomotive, it is a rather old engine. I do hope it comes back, whilst the ride is rather slow (the speed is below walking pace) the route of the ride is good (however a new locomotive would be nice)

Yeah it would be nice to retain the layout while having something faster so it could actually be used for transport. Spotty mentioned this in the Luna Park thread as something that might be introduced there but what about a Maurer Söhne / Xtended SC 2000 type coaster for the old Pirate Ship location? I rode Whirlwind last year: http://www.rcdb.com/m/ig2315.htm?picture=25 -- and Steel Dragon also rode well. It would be a throwback to Thrillseeker as a coaster to complement Corkscrew and Jet Rescue. Placed near the water it could be quite thrilling spinning out over it. With a capacity of 930 riders an hour, it would be more than useful for sucking up some crowds. It's a fun ride experience and would help solidify Sea World's balance of rides, animal exhibits and shows. Or even a little terrain ooaster running along that side of the lake. This would give the littlelies an extra ride that is still quite fun for the whole family.

Edited by Gold Coaster

Also worth noting, how big is the area that Pirate Ship occupied? When I went there last it did not look very big. Is it large enough to fit the Maurer Söhne / Xtended SC 2000 which takes up a 40x20m space (Thanks for that Spotty)? That said I suppose they could build it over the water, but realistically how much space are we working with here?

Edited by cadboy

Also worth noting, how big is the area that Pirate Ship occupied?
This is why it is useful to download Google Earth :)post-88-1241938965_thumb.jpg Obviously it wouldn't work to use the off the shelf 20x40m one because there isn't enough space, and if you wanted to build over the water the monorail track is in the way. If you were creative you could do a custom layout maybe?

Looking at those dimensions it seems to be a little bigger than I thought. Cheers for going to the effort :)

If you were creative you could do a custom layout maybe?
Sounds good, same ride, different layout, one that works with the land available. Edited by cadboy

for anyone else interested..... Dear Jason Thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately a decision has not been made as to what attraction is replacing the pirate ship, however I do suggest visiting our website on www.myfun.com.au for all the latest updates on our theme parks. Also the red train ride is also no longer apart of Sea World, we still do have the monorail that goes around the park which is included in the entrance fee. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us here at Guest Services on 0755882178 Yours sincerely Guy Belle Guest Services Duty Supervisor Sea World PO Box 190 SURFERS PARADISE QLD 4217 T: +61 7 5588 2222 F: +61 7 5591 1056 E: guy.belle@wvtp.com.au W: www.seaworld.com.au ---- umm, i thought the train was blue? or was there two engines?