Sea World Pirate Ship for Sale

Spotty

I went to Sea World not too long ago to ride Jet Rescue. The chain link fence was actually built across the train line. Looked quite odd.
i didnt even notice. anyway i emailed them back.....
Dear Guy, Thank you very much for your fast response. I assume you saying the red train ride is leaving means the entire ride? Or is it just the red engine, leaving the blue engine? How come this ride is leaving? Lack of popularity? Budget cuts? Both rides will be very much missed as they were park classics. Will the track be ripped up or just left for years like Dreamworld’s Eureka mine ride? I would use the myfun site for updates, but it still lists the pirate ship and the train as attractions. I only found out the pirate ship was leaving in the Parkz.com.au forums. Surely the myfun site could be updated with a notice saying the rides aren’t coming back. Thanks -Jason

Please someone correct me if I am wrong isn't the train one of the original rides there from day one??? If they are completeing scraping the train line thats really depressing as Sea World loses a large part of its history; and its last remaining original ride?
it opened like dec 1975 or something. i think it pretty much was THE original ride

The train is still on the site, so hopefully it will come back to life by next Xmas. It'd be sad to see a perfectly workable attraction closed off with no replacement. I don't think it would take much to make it a decent attraction, perhaps just an on-board video and interesting audio to give people somthing to keep them occupied when traveling behind Shark Bay and Polar Bear Shores. Heck, even if it only did 3 or 4 laps a day it would be better then scrapping it for good.

• 5 months later...
The train is still on the site, so hopefully it will come back to life by next Xmas. It'd be sad to see a perfectly workable attraction closed off with no replacement. I don't think it would take much to make it a decent attraction, perhaps just an on-board video and interesting audio to give people somthing to keep them occupied when traveling behind Shark Bay and Polar Bear Shores. Heck, even if it only did 3 or 4 laps a day it would be better then scrapping it for good.
some problems with that..... 1 - there is a fence that covers part of the track near the resort 2 - there is still a large pile of dirt/stones sitting on the track under the corkscrew/seaviper 3 - the locomotive doesnt appear to be anywhere along the track and the carriages are separated into 3 groups. one in the tunnel behind the seal show, and 2 on the tracks in what i assume is the maintenance area (under the corkscrew) and i think there is some more stuff over the tracks on the staff side of polar bear shores (speaking of PBS, i did the behind the scenes tour the other day and got to watch the bears being hand-fed by their trainers)

None of the reasons listed above are good enough to keep a ride closed. Fact is any time there has been some construction in park the tracks have been covered in sand dirt construction material and all sorts of crap. Turns out the solution was to get rid of the crap over the track and re-open the ride. If the person in charge can't figure out a solution to the fence issue then they may as well hand in their swipe card and get a job get a job cleaning windscreens at traffic lights since they're clearly of no use in a real job.

Wouldn't surprise me if they did get rid of it though. I mean, look at the ski show. Obviously they didn't care that that was their history and the very first attraction before they were even in their current site. I'm sorry to say it, but I don't think we'll be seeing the train run again in the near future...

Don't confuse what should happen with what will happen. What should happen is the train be plussed with new audio or video screens and Waterski WipeOut be replaced with another ski show. Bermuda should be fixed so it doesn't look like a crap Carney ride inside, and people who give a crap about the park and its heritage should take over. Obviously none of those things will happen and the park will continue to fall to crap. I'd love to be proven wrong, everyone knows I'm a SW fanboy, but the sad fact is that SW is the park where the standards have dropped the furthest over the past year. The only exception in the park is the Marine Sciences division, which for the most part is still as it was, so the animals are still being given the same level of care they always have, but the rest of the park? As a Gold Coast local for 25 years, I can say that in my opinion, I've never seen the park in such a poor state.

• 2 months later...

Have to ask, what was the reason given by Seaworld for the removal of the Pirate Ship? It now reduces their already low ride count by one with no replacement on the horizon. Joz is completely right, Seaworld has gone downhill and fast with the removal of the Train ride, the ski show and now the Pirate ship. Are there any plans to replace this with another ride or attraction? Cheers Jobe

• 2 weeks later...
I do believe the Pirate ship to be running there close to the best it ever has.
I didn't ride it today, but I can confirm that - it was swinging as high as I've ever seen one of those go. An interesting little tidbit for you; a lot of pirate ships run at less than their maximum rated power, deliberately reduced because the average member of the public finds a full power pirate ship a bit too much to take. Ask someone in your friendly local park maintenance department what level the ride is set to; you might get a surprise.