Hendo

Superman Maintenance

19 posts in this topic

I've noticed that Superman is closed again for maintenance. It was closed not long ago for the same thing? Does it normally close a couple of times a year for work?

Hmmm... It only had maintenance around 2 months ago from what I recall. I am happy to be proven wrong though as I am not 100% Certain. It's just that most rides only go down once a year on average. Unless you are SurfRider or Corkscrew.

This year Superman was closed for maintenance in February and it's closed again now. I thought it was strange to close it twice in only a few months. Does anybody know what's going on with it?

Chances are something was found in it's feb maintenance that needed replacing/ upgraded but was ok to continue operating for the time until a replacment of whatever needed to be replaced arrived. Just a theory.

It's interesting to note that Lethal Weapon is down now until the beginning of JULY when it was down from early MAY. I wonder why it's having extended maintenance once again this year, hopefully they are doing some upgrades to make the ride smoother.

It's interesting to note that Lethal Weapon is down now until the beginning of JULY when it was down from early MAY. I wonder why it's having extended maintenance once again this year, hopefully they are doing some upgrades to make the ride smoother.
agreed hopefully it will be better than before when i went on it.

I rode it just after it's first maintenance period... and it was still painful as hell. I wonder what they are doing to the ride that requires such downtime. It's not in need of a paint job like Corkscrew was, so it shouldn't take so long unless there is something really wrong with it.

Or maybe since it is a costly attraction both to operate and to staff, they're just closing it in off peak to save money? And why would that surprise anyone, with everything else WVTP are doing of late? Next on the agenda - cutting the main meal and the hats out of outback spectacular - soon to become a BYO- (everything).

but new trains would be nice.
Wouldn't they ever, this would be so good. the last time I rode was horrible, something really needs to be done, though highly unlikely.

All all honesty I have no idea what is wrong with Lethal, but on the bulletin website, in the comments on sea world ski show, someone mentioned it had cracks in the trains. Now I'm not saying that means it's true, but where there's smoke there's fire, so I would be guessing there is an unexpected problem with the ride. It's not like this kind of thing is uncommon, or dangerous, but it would make it hard to predict a re-opening date and would thus explain the dates changing.

While they are fixing Lethal Weapon they should pull down the entrance/movie theatre and fill the wasted space with something better than concrete. Ooops. That would mean they have to spend more money on the park!!