Scooby break down

Probably a generic ride stop. Probably something triggered a sensor or something like that. It happens with all rides occasionally.
apparantly they had to evacuate the people off the ride, clear the queues and that first door as you exit the station was left open and lights were turned on. although apparantly the staff went in with flashlights. and they sent some empty cars around before closing the ride completely

Thats generally what happen's when they have a Ride Stop. They evacuate the ride and sometimes evacuate the Queue line too. Has happened to me on Bermuda Triangle many times before... As far as flashlights go... well the ride is dark...
yea but i thought they would just turn on the maintenance lights

I thought it was pretty standard thing to have a torch with you when inspecting a broken down piece of equipment, theme park related or not. What if you need to look at the underside/inside of something and the house lights aren't strong enough or pointing in the wrong direction. I think you guys are reading into it too much.

kieron5379 i think you will find that Gazza isn't talking about what you said in general as i think most people could tell you were joking hence i joked back. But he is talking about the thread in general and i agree i think it's being looked into to much. Scooby on average probably breaks down once a day and 80% guests are evacuated its procedure. There are so many sensor's on the attraction that faults are detected all the time and there always very minor. Though sometimes it can be stopped if something unusual is seen on the monitors and E-stop is used.

lol, that would be the first time I've ever seen anyone imply that an e-stop prevents a ride stop. In a normal evac torches are used (not surprisingly) to give the guests a better view of where they're stepping, this is mostly useful where there is a step that isn't lit up well by house lights, and when assisting guests exit a ride vehicle.