Wonderland Questions.

Gazza

I was recently at wonderland (23/12/03) I thought it was pretty cool, but i wanted to know what the story on the TVs on the queue line for space probe is about. It was a walk on, and the TVs werent up very loud so i couldnt find out what the space probe story was. Could someone who has watched the whole video tell me what the story is. Also, when i was there mountain cascades was shut for some reason, all i could see was the landing pool, and a box shaped flume giong into it near the speed slide exit. Could someone post some pics of the ride, tell me the layout and tell me what you do on it. Did i miss out on much? is it fun? Thanks in Advance>

The story is just mainly about aliens attacking Sydney and the Space Probe Earth Station. An alien virus infects and destroys the Space Probe Earth Station data base, computers etc. Near the end, one news guy (Aaron, the one with the blonde hair) gets attacked by the Aliens. You can't really see his death, by you can see the approaching bright light and his eyes popping out - followed by a cut in transmission. The news reporter urges people to evacuate.. and that's about it. Mountain Cascades closure is due to lack of staff. If there is enough staff at Wonderland, the ride will be open. Today, the ride was open. The ride itself is fairly short, just a few dips, twists and turns followed by a painful landing in a pool. You sit in a round tube. I have taken a pic of the ride, which will be appearing soon on OzCoaster. ~Liam

Cool, Thanks. It was my first ever visit to wonderland, thought it was pretty cool. The best ride was easily space probe,(My first ever feefall ride) by the way is that spew on the TV screens at the top and were the screams i heard sound effects or just the other cars being dispatched? Demon was fun (my first ever ride on a looping coaster, Im not a wuss, i just never get to ride them, i live in country victoria) Its cool on demon because you are never quite sure when the train is going to drop down but i suppose after a few rides you would get used to it. Snowy river rampage was really good, exept my phone got wet on that bit where the boat goes over where the water sorta goes upward (near the first bridge). Bush beast was a walk on, i took backseat, it was rough, but better than the scenic railway at luna park. A good ride. I did other stuff but i cant be bothered writing it up.

Regarding the screams question, it depends on where you were. I know there a few screams in the video ("GET OUT! COME ON COME ON GET OUT!!), but if you were in the pre-load room, it most probally would have been the screams of the other riders. For future rides on Demon, if you want to know when the train is going to drop, just listen up for the brakes opening up sound - the train will drop about 3 seconds after that! ~Liam