Adventure World

:rolleyes: Hey guys over in perth theres a place named adventure and itts the best theme park there compared to the great escape and king's carnival.How do ou think it would be better than the best,like the ultimate in perth?all replies appreciated,oh and give meyour brgas aswell. ''Adventure World...Its a Scream!''

post-2683-1242525740_thumb.jpg

Hi and welcome to parkz! Um, please type with language that has the right spelling and that :) Yeah, i have been interested in Adventure world for a while. It seems your just a little bit interested as well. I would rate this theme park about 4th in Australia. I think a 'Claw' ride would go it well. (not a tacky, fun fair one). One like dreamworld's Wondercam

Edited by wondercam

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

They did recently recieve approval to build a shot and drop tower... Can you give us more of a description of what these blue rails look like? Im not sure what you are describing...Individual rails like what they make train tracks from? Pairs of rails with cross bracing like roller coaster track, four rails with a lattice structure like the way Batwing at Movie World is constructed?

Edited by Gazza

Nope no real description, you can barely see anything. It looked like roller coaster track, similar to the old turbo mountain tracks. Can't see any sign of a tower of any sorts in the park, and it's due to open this weekend. I guess they didn't proceed with it, or they've managed to hide it pretty well. Checking there site i see that everything seams to have been updated to show turbo mountain is no longer there, but theres nothing in its place. In previous years when they've put in the Rampage and Power Surge the maps usually weren't updated till after they opened.

Yeah i was reading the paper last week dunno what day and there was a competition to be in an adventure world ad and in the writing they state they have 6 rides for thrill seekers when there site has 4, ive also heard the radio ad for the shot and drop tower which says come and enjoy our ups and downs or something, thats cool we might be getting a new coaster

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Haha, the got the Huss version. Basically, their version of this ride type differs in that the cable that moves the car isn't in a loop attached to the top and bottom, but is only attached to the top. This is fine for hauling the car up during the launch. But in terms of free-falling, it can't really do that since the cables need to be kept in constant tension, so instead the car gets 'lowered' to the ground slightly below free-falling speed.

Edited by Gazza

I agree , from a historical point of view its disappointing to see a coaster of Turbo Mountain's important lineage disappear from one of our parks. Does anybody know of the eventual fate of "Turbo Mountain"? I hope it was just not scrapped and that at the very least it becomes a travelling coaster or even a smaller park picks it up. I also hope that Adventure World has some plans in the future to install another coaster into their park- there are a number of cost effective options that are available that would be ideal for Adventure World's park model. Comments? Cheers :lol: Jobe

I can't believe they got rid of their only roller coaster. What is a fun park without a coaster? I am also disappointed from a historical point of view as that coaster once resided at Luna Park in Sydney. I had a look at Adventure World's park map and it is looking REALLY sad. Have they removed any other rides recently? I couldn't see the Power Surge etc. on the map

• 3 weeks later...

I got to be one of the first groups on it today which afaik was the first day it has been running, and i've got to say I wasn't expecting it to be as good as batwing but I was still disappointed by it. The cycle is waaaaay too short instead of being shot up and dropped down consecutively you get shot up (which has nowhere near the speed or g's as batwing) and then you get slowly lowered down with a little bounce in the middle, then when you get to the bottom you do the same again, and then you get slowly hoisted to the top where your lowered down way below freefall speed. After being on the batwing and giant drop this version is just so watered down when your meant to be freefalling and you don't go weightless or even get a tickle in your stomach is a bit weak. And you people would just love the theming they didnt even bother to build a permament base/area for it and they just built it using the carnival base and ticket box. While it is a step forward for adventure world its still not something i really want to go on again and probably wont go back until a new thrill ride is added and going by the time from the powersurge to this i might be waiting a good 10 years.

Edited by Scott.